JustRushdi
Boesball

America is the biggest threat to world peace

JustRushdi

Pro

America is the current biggest threat to world peace due to their habit of always intervening with the issues of other countries. They claimed that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction but found absolutely nothing. Therefore, destroying Iraq's economy and infrastructure, creating extremist groups such as ISIS to thrive in. Since 2001, America has bombed and killed nearly 2 million innocent civilians, that is why the people who have lost their families, tend to join Al Qaeda, ISIS and e.t.c. Thinking that they will seek revenge on the Americans.
Boesball

Con

I do not deny that America shouldn't have meddled so much in the middle east, but I only have to prove that America isn't the biggest threat to world peace. You do not specify that this has to be a country or a person. It can be anything. If I can find one thing that hurts world peace more than America, I win this debate. I also can be as general as I want.

I would say hate is the biggest threat to world peace. There is a Proverb that states: "Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs" (1). The fact that people do not love each other is exactly what causes all the lack of peace in the world. American hatred of the 9/11 terrorists caused an overreaction to the event that made things even worse. In the same way, terrorists who hate America kill innocent people. All this is rooted from the simple emotion of hate. Hate limits your ability to think clearly, as it reduces judgement and clarity (2). Hatred has been the cause of every genocide and mass murder. Hate is the enemy to peace.

I hope we have a fun debate, and I wish you good luck in trying to prove how America hurts world peace more than hate itself!

(1) http://biblehub.com...
(2) http://www.vegsource.com...
JustRushdi

Pro

Thank you for your point and I agree that hate is a big threat to world peace, we can easily point that out from historical events like the Holocaust. However, the USA doesn't intervene with issues in the Middle East based because they hate the people living there, but, because they think that they are like a world superhero that comes to the rescue whenever they 'think' someone's in trouble... But in reality, they are making the situation more worse! They thought that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, but when they actually went into Iraq they found nothing... They continue to aid Israel with billions of dollars to just fuel the hatred between Muslims and Jews because they think they're the good guys, but, it turns out to be the other way round as Israel continue to bombard the Gazan Strip with sophisticated weaponry and then blaming it on HAMAS and their harmless, cheap, unsophisticated rockets. It is the USA that goes through all the trouble to wipe out communism and ending up to create yet another problem: Radical Islam. So here's the question, will they dare go through all the troubles to eradicate these Radical Islamists or will they just end up creating yet an even bigger problem...
Boesball

Con

I understand your point on how hatred doesn't necessarily motivate America's aggression, but you fail to understand that hatred has done more harm than America throughout history. Hatred will continue to motivate more destruction than America can ever do by itself. You also said this: "They continue to aid Israel with billions of dollars to just fuel the hatred between Muslims and Jews because they think they're the good guys, but, it turns out to be the other way round as Israel continue to bombard the Gazan Strip with sophisticated weaponry and then blaming it on HAMAS and their harmless, cheap, unsophisticated rockets." You even admitted that hatred is a major factor in the Middle East.

Hatred fueled the Holocaust, and I think that is a worse crime than the ones America is committing in the Middle East. Hatred is a threat to the world because it causes a person to act irrationally. Even if hatred isn't the biggest threat in the world, it still is at least more dangerous than America itself. Hatred causes prejudice and elitism (1). That fuels war and destruction and violence, and I don't think it's possible to say that America as an entity is more deadly than hatred in general.

(1) http://drlwilson.com...
JustRushdi

Pro

Yes, hatred was a factor for many of the past conflicts in history. However, as I said "it is America that is currently fueling the hatred between Palestinians and Israelis," so what I actually mean from that is if it wasn't for America, the hatred wouldn't be there in the first place would it... The Muslims and Jews would have lived together without hate like back before 1946. It's like what first started the Second World War, the harsh treaty that the Germans were forced to sign right? So back then it was mainly the harsh treaty that was the threat to World Peace, which fuelled the anger and frustration for the Germans. But now however, the biggest threat to World peace is the U.S. Who are fuelling more anger and frustration towards a BIGGER group of people, this could potentially start World War 3, as, all the terrorist groups have to do is get their hands on a nuke and this would be disaster!
Boesball

Con

The German hatred caused them to perform their murderous tasks. Also, hatred between religions is common throughout history, and America isn't the cause of religious violence. Christians and Muslims have had incidents that are independent from America, and if America didn't exist, there would still be violence between these religions. The same would apply to Jew and Muslim conflicts. It's illogical to say that America is the biggest threat to world peace because we do not have world peace right now, and hate causes the problems in almost every situation. Your argument takes a few specific incidents where hate isn't the cause of violence and disruption, but in most instances, hate is.
JustRushdi

Pro

Yes, hatred between religions is common throughout history, however, as we get into modern times, less and less people believe in fighting over holy land and I doubt that a full-scale crusades between the Christians and Muslims will ever happen again. The conflicts involving hate was supposed to end long ago. It is the American Government who are stirring up past conflicts by trying to 'mould the Middle East into their own shape.' They even tried to mould other parts of the world like Vietnam, Korea and e.t.c. This is the reason why they nearly plunged into a nuclear war with The Soviet Union and China... Now, they are back at it again. It is logical to say that America is the biggest threat to World Peace because they are involved with 90% of the World's current conflicts, I know that we do not have World Peace right know, but, if the USA didn't interfere with everyone's affairs then we might have World Peace. If the USA does not stop interfering with other people, then I'm afraid that our world might again be plunged into a World War...
Boesball

Con

Many of the motives of terrorists include some sort of hatred against America because of what America has done. America uses hate as well, as racism, a form of hate, created slavery. Hate is used in almost every form of violence, and violence is a threat to world peace.

I don't even have to prove that hate is more deadly than America. I just have to prove that America isn't the worst. I think that if war didn't exist, world peace would incur. After all, you'd rather remove war from the world than America, right? If America didn't exist, evil would still exist. War would still exist. Hate would still exist. If war, hate, and evil all did not exist, and America did, peace would be very likely. Your argument is illogical and full of grammar mistakes.
JustRushdi

Pro

JustRushdi forfeited this round.
Boesball

Con

Pro forfeited and failed to use sources. Vote con.
Posted by JustRushdi 2 years ago
JustRushdi
WOW! I didn't even get to post the last argument because I was on holiday!!!
Posted by Wreckonize 2 years ago
Wreckonize
Yup,America is a threat to world peace.I'm not saying that US people are the threat but the US Government is.It has been the first country in the world to use nukes(Hiroshima and Nagasaki) on civilian population.It funded Mujahideen which become Al Queda.