ArmandLegGames
Bluemooncloud1

America should divide it's policy to fit with the ideals of individual Counties

ArmandLegGames has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 4 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

ArmandLegGames

Pro

After watching the recent election, this idea for a new political system has come to mind. I want to throw it into the open and see if it can be picked apart as an inefficient system.

So as I was watching, I see the large state maps that are divided into counties, each of which are colored red or blue. I thought, "What if we employed conservative ideals in the red counties and liberal ideals in the blue counties?" Of course, there would be limitations, but say the people of a county go to a annual poll to determine what the restrictions and laws will be. This was, in the mostly liberal urban areas, there can be restriction on guns, as it is in popular opinion, while the rural conservative areas can keep their guns in their counties. The way I see it, there is no way for both parties to be happy at the same time using our current system with these very yes/no issues, like abortion, gun control, gay marriage, and the likes.

Other than the nightmare of implementing this system, what would be some of the negatives that drag the idea down?
Bluemooncloud1

Con

I disagree because we could easily fix this problem with making it harder for shooters to get guns because of background checks. Putting more restrictions with both parties would be better. It would be better than just having individual parties not using guns because the problem will still be there. We just need more security with guns, that is all.
Posted by Jonbonbon 4 weeks ago
Jonbonbon
The nightmare of regulating this system, the nightmare of legal inconsistencies between such small areas of land, the nightmare of dividing our country so much that individual counties stand as separate entities, and the nightmare of the federal government becoming pointless.

Those are just a few that come to mind almost immediately.