leojm
tylersch96

Americas Got Talent is better than American Idol

leojm

leojm

Pro

Thank you for debating me, first round acceptance. :)
Good luck. :)
tylersch96

Con

leojm

Pro

To clear it up for people, I'm for the side of Americas Got Talent.

I will be debating my friend here, he is on the side of American Idol.

1. I will explain why Americas Got Talent is so much better than American Idol.
2. The big difference between Americas Got Talent and American Idol.
3. Why Americas Got Talent is the most watched than American Idol.
4. Americas Got Talent pays more than American Idol.
5. I will rebutle my opponents argument.
6. Thank my opponent for offering to debate me.
7. Voting period.

VOTERS! Please vote fairly. Thank you!

1. My explanation of why Americas Got Talent is better than American Idol.

Americas Got Talent is a very entertaining show. You never know who will come up on stage. Also, Americas Got Talent has a variety, and people like variety. If all you want to hear is singing, than watch "The Voice". AGT has all types of acts; funny acts, cool acts, dangerous acts; Which people love dangerous acts. AGT also has a very funny announcer, he makes the show so much better. American Idol is all singing, sometimes they dance, but singing gets boring after a while. I used to watch American Idol till I got so bored of the same thing over and over again. I needed something different, something fresh, and something new for my brain and eyes to enjoy watching. Also the X Factor is a lot more popular than American Idol now. Both shows were started by Simon. AGT has not even become unpopular. People come to AGT all over the US. I'm not saying here that American Idol people don't come from all over the country. Also, AGT offers everyone a chance that has a talent to show it off, some people can't sing but they can act, see AGT gives everybody a place to show their talent, and it's a variety. It's also fun to watch different people and their acts, and those people you watch you never thought you would ever encounter in your life time. AGT is just so much better and a lot more entertaining.

2. What is the big difference between Americas Got Talent and American Idol.

Americas Got Talent once again is a variety show. Everybody is welcome. On the other hand with American Idol, you got limitations, like if you are a comedian, or a magician you do not have a place in American Idol. There are more judges in AGT than there are in American Idol. The more judges the better. Why that is, is because you will have a lot more critics that will help you to get better, four different views is a lot better than from three different views.

As I have mentioned, it's a variety. The more variety the better. People like different things. This sight show that every week AGT's views jumps to 14% (That is week to week) [http://www.thefutoncritic.com...]

If you win in Americas Got Talent you get paid a million dollars. [http://www.nbc.com...]
Now, American Idol does give you a car, and you get a contract with a music producer, but then you have to get fans, which will take a while.

This is all thank you once again. Looking forward to your argument. Good luck.
tylersch96

Con

How many main stream artists are from AGT? I have counted none. As from American Idol theres Carrie Underwood, Kelli Pickler, Chris Daughtry, and Kelly Clarkson to name a few. American Idol has a better career starter for singers as AGT just gives them a million dollars and one show in Vegas.
leojm

Pro

How many main stream artists are from AGT?
There are plenty.

I have counted none.
Do you even watch AGT? Because country singers have won that show, and some opera singers.

As from American Idol theres Carrie Underwood, Kelli Pickler, Chris Daughtry, and Kelly Clarkson to name a few.
This is true.

American Idol has a better career starter for singers as AGT just gives them a million dollars and one show in Vegas.
This is not true, after they win the show they go on acting and making more money, the journey just does not end there. This is the group that has won last year, and they are still performing to this day. [http://www.today.com...]

This shall conclude my debate and argument.

Thank you for debating me my dear friend, it was fun.

Also Voters, thank you for taking the time to read this debate and vote, this is verry good of you.

Once again thank you.

tylersch96

Con

However. The singers from AGT dont have a music career like singers from American Idol.
Posted by kimmi 3 years ago
kimmi
American idol is the best
Posted by Deathbeforedishonour 3 years ago
Deathbeforedishonour
The Voice is better than them both. :P
Vote Placed by GiantSpoonMan 3 years ago
GiantSpoonMan
leojmtylersch96Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Better arguments, sources.