ViceRegent
Akhenaten

An atheist has no ability to objectively, rationally and non-arbitrarily find anything immoral

ViceRegent

Pro

Because there is nothing objectively, rationally or non-arbitrarily immoral with pond scum interacting in anyway with other pond scum, there can be nothing objectively, rationally or non-arbitrarily immoral with evolved pond scum interacting in anyway with other pond scum, right?

After all, ethics are non-material and cannot be accounted for in a atheist worldview.
Akhenaten

Con

I am an atheist and have strong moral convictions. Therefore, your assertions are incorrect. The religious point of view is a view that is tainted with the lusts and desires of the ruling classes. All religions were originated from the ruling classes and are thus tainted with their desires and weaknesses. Monks cannot marry, not because of their devotion to god, but because the church needs to preserve private property and thus can't allow church land to be divided by any subsequent offspring that marriage may bring. Thus, we can plainly see that religion is tainted with earthly restrictions which has nothing to do with God.
ViceRegent

Pro

Please read my post more carefully next time. I did not say atheist have no morals. I said they have no objective, rational and non-arbitrary morality. If you say otherwise, tell us where does evolved pond scum get objective, ration and non-arbitrary morality?
Akhenaten

Con

An atheist is not "pond scum". Therefore, your assertions are rude, inaccurate and liablest insults. So, where is your morality? Non existent - I would bet! lol
ViceRegent

Pro

Atheist are not pond scum, but evolved pond scum. I am still waiting for you to deal with this debate.
Akhenaten

Con

Religious people are evolved pond scum also. Therefore, we are all in the same boat. Thus, you have no argument. Note - Religious people have a dislike and avoidance of rational thinking. Thus, they incapable of being either objective or rational. Note - Morality pertains to a group consensus of behaviour and has nothing to do with any God.
ViceRegent

Pro

The nonsense spewed by your worldview does not impact mine in the slightest.

Now, are you going to deal with this debate or not?
Akhenaten

Con

As expected, when forced into a corner; a religious person will do one of three things.

(a) Spit the dummy and cry fowl play.

(b) Ignore the debate completely on the grounds of religious sacrilege and indignation.

(c) Talk in indecipherable religious garb that nobody can understand.

Ultimately, its impossible to discuss anything in a rational manner with a religious person.
ViceRegent

Pro

Another irrational red herring, not to mention a lie, especially in this case.

I guess we are left t conclude the atheist has no ability to objectively, rationally and non-arbitrarily find anything immoral.

I win.
Akhenaten

Con

This is another good example of why young people should avoid religion in general. It is usually run by irrational nut cases who hate logic, rationalism and philosophy. Thank you for providing clear evidence that religion is a foul pursuit that is followed by slippery slimy individuals.
Posted by ViceRegent 1 year ago
ViceRegent
Geho89, how do you know a fact from a fiction?
Posted by geho89 1 year ago
geho89
People who do not accept or believe in a theory does not exhaust the fact that the theory can be objectively true in the reality of the universe. It is just called ignorance and you passed this test.
Posted by ViceRegent 1 year ago
ViceRegent
I am right here.
Posted by Pfalcon1318 1 year ago
Pfalcon1318
I think this debate could have gone much better. Issue the debate to me, Vice, and I'll give you a real debate.
Posted by ViceRegent 1 year ago
ViceRegent
The fact that "there are a bunch of other theories that can provide an objective morality" shows that atheist "ethics" are arbitrary. You failed the test.
Posted by geho89 1 year ago
geho89
I would had used the theory of Utilitarianism as a moral basis for atheists or maybe Deontology. I like Kant better. There are a bunch of other theories that can provide an objective morality without a proof of God. Pro doesn't have any evidence for his assertion and has poor conduct and Con didn't bring up any good arguments.. so a tie it is.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Well. move on. Do and think nothing "real". As all theist...
Posted by ViceRegent 1 year ago
ViceRegent
ROFL. Really? That is your idea of a philosophical argument? Wow. Moving on.

Thanks for proving that atheist are not free thinkers, but non-thinkers.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Anywhere...
Posted by ViceRegent 1 year ago
ViceRegent
I do not speak nonstandard English. Sorry.

Listen, show me where evolved pond scum find objective, rational, non-arbitrary morality. To prove me wrong, it is that simple.