Cowboy0108
PessimisticallyOptimistic

An ideal society

Cowboy0108

Pro

In this debate, I will offer my view of what an idea society would look like and my opponent will offer his/her view. We will argue why our society is superior. Each person is permitted to change a portion of his view two times over the course of this debate.
My society:
1. Guns-guns are owned freely
2. Free speech-people can say whatever they want
3. Immigration-This society will not have any new people
4. Religion-this society will be one hundred percent protestant Christianity. Christianity offers views on wisdom and family values I believe would be beneficial to keep.
5. Jobs-When a person turns eighteen, he or she will choose a job from a list of needed jobs and they will either enter that job or go to school for that job. Jobs can be changed if there is no longer need for that job or someone capable of doing that job wants to switch jobs. Doing an average amount of work at your job means you get to live in the society, going above and beyond gives you "currency" to buy luxuries.
6. In an ideal society, the people all look the same(as in race, but the race is open for interpretation) and speak using the same vernacular.
7. Society meeting will be held weekly to discuss matters, but no changes that go against the Bible. The Bible and this act as the constitution.
PessimisticallyOptimistic

Con

1. Guns- Guns should be prohibited from all unless they get a license.

2. Free Speech- There will be free speech for all.

3. Immigration will be allowed, although there will be documentation required, to support diversity, to prevent disputes, and prevent the chaos of having to control borders.

4. Religion: All religion will be allowed to prevent a Puritan society.

5. People will have the availability to start their own businesses and ventures, or work for whoever they can get a job from.

6. Diversity helps societies progress.

7. Laws will be voted on by the people like a democracy.
Cowboy0108

Pro

1. if my society works, guns will not be necessary, but will be used if a person threatens the integrity of the society.
2. No argument
3. Diversity causes arguments and conflict, with my city, there would be no ethnic conflict.
4. Puritan society was successful up until the witch trials. I specifically put the "no law that goes against the Bible" clause in there just to prevent another witch trial.
5. My plan encourages work ethic as well as garentees 100% employment.
6. Diversity causes conflict.
7. No argument
PessimisticallyOptimistic

Con

PessimisticallyOptimistic forfeited this round.
Cowboy0108

Pro

From what I understand from Pessimistically Optimistic, he is quitting this debate. But he may change his mind.
My argument carries.
PessimisticallyOptimistic

Con

Cowboy0108

Pro

Okay, vote me!
PessimisticallyOptimistic

Con

Posted by henryajevans 4 years ago
henryajevans
The problem with your job system is that some jobs naturally become obsolete or there is less demand for them. What happens when the people that were made to be coal miners or factory workers are no longer needed? The only experience they have is of their vocation, which leads to mass unemployment, a la 1980s Belfast
Posted by Cowboy0108 4 years ago
Cowboy0108
This is an entirely different topic. That debate was about whether my plan was politically and economically feasible. This debate is wheter my society would be ideal. Economics and politics are irrelevant in this debate.
Posted by Benshapiro 4 years ago
Benshapiro
I already spanked you in a similar debate and you haven't changed many of the same problems
http://www.debate.org...
Posted by Cowboy0108 4 years ago
Cowboy0108
In my ideal society, if you have a problem with a person, you can shoot them. However, my ideal society works so there would not be a reason to shoot a person. Thus, you would not shoot a person.