G_Skeptic-Guy
AlwaysRight12345

Anarcho-Capitalism (Pro) versus Georgism (Con)

G_Skeptic-Guy has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

G_Skeptic-Guy

Pro

Definitions

"Anarcho-capitalism (also known as “libertarian anarchy” or “market anarchism” or “free market anarchism”) is a libertarian and individualistanarchist political philosophy that advocates the elimination of the state in favor of individual sovereignty in a free market."

"Georgism, also called geoism and single tax (archaic), is an economic philosophy holding that, while people should own the value they produce themselves, economic value derived from land (including natural resources and natural opportunities) should belong equally to all members of society."

Rounds
Round one is acceptance only
Round two is opening statement
Round three is arguments
Round four is counter arguments
Round five is conclusion
Cite your references

References
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...
AlwaysRight12345

Con

I accept. Looking forward to an interesting debate.
G_Skeptic-Guy

Pro

My opening state will short and to the point Anarcho-Capitalism is easier to understand.
AlwaysRight12345

Con

To mirror the length of my opponent's opening statement, I wil try tol stay concise (but no promises). While anarcho-capitalism may be easier to understand, in no way does that make it the better ideology. First, because my opponent has given no framework, I will provide Contactualism as a means of judgement. Contractualism finds that under the Social Contact created by Thomas Hobbes and John Locke, the state that provides best for its people is the best. Georgism allows for better prosperity for the people by guaranteeing resources and thus survival, which ties in to the Social Contact. In addition, Georgism allows for government protection of its people, which guarantees their safety and thus again links in to the Social Contract. I urge my judges to consider actual benefit to the people of a nation more important than its simplicity causing a lack thereof.
Posted by ThatcheriteMight 1 year ago
ThatcheriteMight
Interesting topic. Will be following this debate.