skateall24
socialpinko

Anarchy is an awful idea.

socialpinko

skateall24

Pro

Child porn is the ultimate impact. How dare you anarchist try to justify something so absolutely sickening.
socialpinko

Con

The resolution is that 'anarchy' is an awful idea. I'm not exactly sure the instigator's purpose in instigating this debate or the difference between his arguments and the resolution itself. Of course I will have to wait for my opponent to clarify in their opening argument. But first, definitions.

Anarchy- a state of society without government or law.

This merely refer to government as institutionalized and monopolized rule over a given geographical area. Monopolized services are generally that of police, courts, and defense, among other non-necessary services such as industry or education in some cases. Competing protection agencies are usually outlawed and law refers to positive law, or law created by the State, that is enforcable over it's given rule.

Awful- extremely bad, unpleasant, or ugly

Both of these preliminary definitions I obtained from Dictionary.com. From these definitions my opponent must show, in order to uphold the resolution, that a lack of institutionalized and monopolized rule over a given are is either an 'awful' idea or would lead to 'awful' results.

My opponent's principle(and only) argument thusfar is that (1) child pornography would inevitably result (2) child pornography is awful and (3) that anarchists try to justify this in their arguments against the government or State.

(1) Inevitability

This argument is wholly unsubstantiated by my opponent. Obviously child pornography is widespread in the world today, even where most geographical regions have some sort of law or regulatory insitution in place with the purpose of stopping it's existence and availability. There is no reason to believe that CP is not the inevitable result of governent existence or that an anarchist society would not be in a better position to deal with CP or do just as well/poorly as current governments.

(2) Awfulness

Again no substantiation by my opponent. If he is to argue that it is bad, he runs into the problems of defending any moral system he would use to defend this position. Also, as to being unpleasant, if the action is coerced but the child is too young or not mentally suitable in determining if it is pleasant or not, at the least it cannot be proven that it is unpleasant for the child victims. Then on ungliness, it is obviosly a matter of opinion wholly separated from issues of morality. Just because I have no moral problems with a painting by Salvador Dali does not mean I do not find his paintings ugly.

(3) Anarchist justification

I do not believe there has yet to be an anarchist justification of child pornography or the coercion of young individuals into performing or performing such acts. At the very least it is not an explicit argument in anarchism generally. Anarchist arguments generally refer to institutionalized violence by the States, the suppression of market forces by the State, or the upholding of a coercive capitalist system of economics by the State. Nowhere in these arguments do anarchist ever argue that the State ought to be abolished because it does not allow for child pornography.

==Conclusion==

I apologize to my opponent if I unintentionally strawmanned my opponent as his first post is unclear at best as to what his arguments in defense of the resolution are. In any event, I will rap up my round here and pass the debate back to my opponent.
skateall24

Pro

skateall24 forfeited this round.
socialpinko

Con

My opponents account has been closed. So seeing as he will not be able to respond to my own responses, I urge a Con vote.
skateall24

Pro

skateall24 forfeited this round.
socialpinko

Con

Vote con since Pro literally made a one sentence argument with no supporting facts or logic, did not respond to my refutations, and forfeited the majority of the debate.
Vote Placed by seraine 5 years ago
seraine
skateall24socialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Lolwut
Vote Placed by Spritle 5 years ago
Spritle
skateall24socialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Rock on.
Vote Placed by BlackVoid 5 years ago
BlackVoid
skateall24socialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Lol
Vote Placed by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 5 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
skateall24socialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: RIP Skateall. Pro loses SG for bad spelling.