BernardIsosceles
DarthDebater

Anarchy

DarthDebater has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

BernardIsosceles

Con

Please... Who will enforce rules or legislate them if there are no rulers. Clearly I'm missing a huge point here... Please enlighten me. (I'm not being sarcastic)
DarthDebater

Pro

Anarchism is essentially a fight for human freedom. Modern states, even those which claim to be democracies, stifle their citizens with oppressive and artificial machinery such as laws and taxes. These are imposed by the people who run the state - the elites, the governing classes. Anarchists believe it is better to live without such controls imposed by such people. This does not mean they stand for complete chaos though; they support co-operation and barter between individuals as profitable. Only without controls can humans truly live naturally and freely.
BernardIsosceles

Con

I think some people aren't willing to live just by morals though, which is the main reason why governments are needed. Who will therefore enforce them? No one, that's who. Anyone who works to enforce and create law acts as a ruler. I agree that taxes are too high, but regardless, if we didn't have the services provided by governments, we'd all be screwed. I agree that it would in fact be ideal for humans just to cooperate, but what of the mentally ill and otherwise evil? Who will prevent them from creating a dictatorship if they have a small band of trained followers? It's human nature for many people to want power, which is why it's necessary for three-branched governments to exist to keep each other in check.