Amveller
BangBang-Coconut

Ancient Alien theory...did they exist?

Amveller

Amveller

Pro

I would like someone to try and prove the Ancient Alien theory is a hoax, or disinformation. I believe there is an incredible amount of evidence of their existence.

Many Scholars theorize that intelligent extraterrestrial beings have visited Earth, and this contact is connected with the origins and development of human cultures, technologies, and religions, I agree and, propose that deities from most, religions are actually extraterrestrials, and their technologies made them God like to the beings already on earth.

The Sumerian culture popped up over night with extraordinary intelligence. They were the first civilization to create, writing, roads, schools, etc. In the long timeline of human existence their culture jump started human evolution. How could they do this on their own, without teachers? I don't believe they did, they had help.
BangBang-Coconut

Con

I greatly thank my opponent for initiating such an intriguing debate!

As a brief road map; I will be offering framework, definitions, and finally contentions.

=Framework=
Obs1:BOP- The burden of proof is on my opponent in this debate. They have made the claim the theory that ancient aliens created the world is actually true. Thus at the point they cannot prove this claim to be a cognitive truth, they lose the debate

Obs2:Argument Style- In any intelligent debate there are two kinds of arguments. Arguments of logic, and arguments of fact. And while there can be some cross-over between the two, there is a sincere and distinct line separating one from the other. A logical argument is one that can explain some kind of existential idea in a way that simply makes sense, whereas a fat based argument is something proven by means of empirical evidence.

My opponent's argument is an argument of fact.

=Definitions=
1. [1]Alien: extraterrestrial being: a form of life assumed to exist outside the Earth or its atmosphere
2. [2]theory: hypothesis: a tentative insight into the natural world; a concept that is not yet verified but that if true would explain certain facts or phenomena
3. [3]Exist: to be; have existence; have being or reality

=Contentions=

C1: Disproving Ancient Alien Theory-

First we must keep in mind that this is a theory, thus it is unproven. Thus my opponent's challenge for my to prove that it is a hoax can be done by simply pinpointing that there is no reason to believe it. At the point that a theory has neither logic, nor fact behind it; it is no longer a theory, but a belief.

The only way I could argue this point any further, is if my opponent supplies me even one bit of evidence supporting the Ancient Alien Theory. At the point that they are not, I win by default

In closing, my opponent has neither upheld their BOP nor have they proven their stance, (thus given me a very easy job in this debate).
And for these reasons I urge a Con Vote!

=sources=
[1] http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
[2] http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
[3] http://en.wiktionary.org...
Amveller

Pro

I will start by offering a thank you to my opponent for accepting this debate topic however, It is obvious he did not read my initial statement correctly.

Con defines his =Framework= "They have made the claim the theory that ancient aliens created the world is actually true." Never, did I say ancient aliens created the world, I only attributed they visited the earth. Nowhere did I state they created it. It is my opinion every argument my opponent has written should be dismissed due to the fact he did not grasp the debate at hand in the first place. For this reason alone you should vote Pro.

I would like to thank my opponent for pointing out the two different types of an argument being logical, or factual and that there can be some cross-over between the two in one argument. I contend my argument is one of both fact and logic, while con contends it is only one of fact, he does this by simply defining 3 words, but offers nothing substantial to prove his grounds.

"I would like someone to try and prove the Ancient Alien theory is a hoax" My opponent offers no proof, evidence, nor logic that disproves the theory of ancient aliens. He simply states "there is no reason to believe it" but offers nothing to the contrary. Combined this will his lack of using spell check and proper grammar you must vote Pro!

My opponent asked for one bit of evidence supporting the Ancient Alien theory. I offered the Sumerian culture as evidence in my initial post. So disprove the Sumerians received no help from a higher intelligence from out of this world and actually take on this debate or concede.
BangBang-Coconut

Con

I thank my opponent for his rapid responses!

Sadly, my opponent has simply discredited much of my last speech, so I'm just going to extend a few major points.
In no specific order;

+ My opponent's only argument is built as an argument of fact, but he never proves anything. He offers us one very vague claim regarding the Sumerians, but gives us no link, no cited source, nothing. Thus while is arguments is one of Fact, his method of proof is the way of an argument of logic.
Ultimately we can't vote pro because there is imply no reason to do so.

+ I am sorry that I worded what I wanted to say so poorly, but the fact remains that my opponent never proves that aliens visited the earth. And after that he even makes the incredibly abusive statement that all of my arguments should be completely dismissed. Please, voters, use your common sense and take my arguments for what they are

+ From my own C1 "Thus my opponent's challenge for my to prove that it is a hoax can be done by simply pinpointing that there is no reason to believe it. At the point that a theory has neither logic, nor fact behind it; it is no longer a theory, but a belief."
My opponent asks for me to disprove the Ancient Alien Theory, and I prove it is not a theory, but a belief. Since my opponent has not refuted this, but instead simply insults my grammar and spelling (Grounds for a loss of conduct points by the way) I have won this debate.

I extend my OBS2, and my C1. to prove my stance beyond the shadow of a doubt.
Thank you, and I now hand the round back over to my opponent.
Amveller

Pro

My dear opponent, I will now offer you the proof you ask for. You see, a factual argument can only be proved with actual physical evidence. It is with this evidence you can logically determine, if indeed the evidence is factual.

"Burden of proof"

The Sumerian culture began around 6000 B.C.E. To date they are the oldest known civilization on earth. They are responsible for creating the same calendar, mathematical system, and time we still use today. They were also the first to write down their ideological history using a form of writing called "cuneiform" It is in these text you will find their epic story of creation in which they describe their Gods the (Anunnoki) This word translates to "Those who from the Heavens came" These cuneiform text explain that the Anunnoki were an advanced humanoid race that came from another planet called "Nibiru" to earth to mine for minerals.

The Sumerian translations offers physical proof this planet has been visited by extraterrestrial beings, and man viewed them as Gods.

=Sources=

[1] http://www.google.com...
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org...
[3] http://www.earthportals.com...
[4] http://www.mazzaroth.com...

There is an ancient Egyptian proverb; "Everything fears Time but Time fears the pyramids."

The architects who built the pyramids utilized several advanced mathematical equations in the construction which were undiscovered by modern day man until thousands of years later. They were able to compute latitude & longitude accurately. The Pyramids in Egypt were built around 4500 B.C.E. and to this day, we do not have the equipment nor technology to build them again.

Ancient Pyramids are found all over the world, Europe, Africa, Asia, South America, and North America. Without some kind of advanced travel ancient cultures would not [by chance] build the same structures all around the world in the same time frame. There had to be a reason, and they had to have help. Every pyramid on Earth is evidence of ancient extraterrestrial knowledge and technology.

=sources=

[1]
[2] http://www.world-pyramids.com...
[3] http://blog.hotelclub.com...
[4] http://unexplainedmysteriesoftheworld.com...

Inside ancient caves, inside the pyramids, and found in archaeological excavations all over the world, we have found artefact's of planes made of gold that when modeled can fly, cave drawings that depict alien creators and modern day astronauts. Civilizations around the globe including the Aztecs, Mayans, Sumerians, Assyrians, Hopi Indians, and many more claiming their Gods were physical beings that came from the stars in the sky and taught them advanced knowledge. The Nazca lines located in the arid Peruvian coastal plain is more proof, please view sources for more information.

=Sources=

[1] http://www.go2peru.com...
[2] http://www.google.com...
[3]
[4] http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

In conclusion to this debate, I would like to point out it is now up to my opponent to disprove all physical evidence and sources mentioned in this post. The con surmises that all of this testimony is simply a belief without logic or facts to back it up, so there is no reason to believe it. I have without a shadow of doubt proven that there is evidence, logic, and facts to back up my argument.

Remember the first line I wrote in this debate "I would like someone to try and prove the Ancient Alien theory is a hoax" My opponent has failed thus far to do so. I have met the burden of proof. Therefore your vote should be Pro!
BangBang-Coconut

Con

BangBang-Coconut forfeited this round.
Posted by BangBang-Coconut 5 years ago
BangBang-Coconut
@Daley What on earth?
Posted by RoyLatham 5 years ago
RoyLatham
There are a couple of fundamental errors in ancient alien theories. One is that there some need to explain everything rather than just leave things unexplained. The second is that evidence consistent with a fantastic theory confirms the theory. Instead of ancient aliens, maybe it was ancient wizards using lost magic, or maybe ancient spirit gods who have subsequently moved to mars, or maybe an ancient race of superintelligent humans, or maybe .... Eery bit of "evidence" confirms all these different preposterous theories.

Gradually, scientists are piecing together how the pyramids were built using technology available at the time, and so forth. The "need" for fanciful theories thus disappears.

The thing all UFOs have in common is that they are unidentified.
Posted by daley 5 years ago
daley
Considering the abundant modern evidence that aliens do exist, it is obvious that aliens have been intervening in human affairs from ancient times. I believe God and spirit beings have as well. If we are going to accept ancient religious tales about aliens as fact, however, what are we to do with their stories about gods in the spirit realm revealing themselves to us? Some of these gods don't claim to be aliens, and I think we can't dismiss this either. Yahweh certainly claimed to be the creator of the earth, and the whole universe; no alien could have done that!
Posted by Amveller 5 years ago
Amveller
we need some votes fellow debaters
Posted by BangBang-Coconut 5 years ago
BangBang-Coconut
Crap I timed out :|
I though I had more time then I did!

Not it wasn't a forfeit, I wasn't able to post. and ran out of time.
Posted by Amveller 5 years ago
Amveller
No Votes Yet?
Posted by Amveller 5 years ago
Amveller
Con conceded I win by default :)
Posted by BangBang-Coconut 5 years ago
BangBang-Coconut
:| it's just a debate dude.
Posted by Amveller 5 years ago
Amveller
I have the feeling my opponent is looking for an easy win with no research or work involved. I quess I will have to come full throttle in the final round.
Posted by BangBang-Coconut 5 years ago
BangBang-Coconut
I will have my argument for this up in an hour or two.
Vote Placed by nerdykiller 5 years ago
nerdykiller
AmvellerBangBang-CoconutTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both argument was good. Con forfeited and Pro ad more resources.
Vote Placed by quarterexchange 5 years ago
quarterexchange
AmvellerBangBang-CoconutTied
Reasons for voting decision: forfeit
Vote Placed by HandsofManos 5 years ago
HandsofManos
AmvellerBangBang-CoconutTied
Reasons for voting decision: i award neither side a point.
Vote Placed by GeoLaureate8 5 years ago
GeoLaureate8
AmvellerBangBang-CoconutTied
Reasons for voting decision: While I agree with Pro, he didn't argue his position very well until the final round, and even at that I know of plenty more convincing evidence for ancient aliens than Pro provided.