SongHaGin
ZacGraphics

Android is a better platform than IOS

Started: 12/10/2015 Category: Technology

SongHaGin

Pro

I have used both platforms and I definitely prefer Android. Why?
The first reason I have is that Androids are not restrictive at all, whereas apple is very restrictive. Apple is restrictive in their app store, and In the fact that you are strongly encouraged to buy music, whereas in android you could simply download a music app.
Also, you can unlock androids way easier than Iphones.
Lastly, there is certainly a wider array of phones to fit any type of person on android's side.
Apple only has a few different variations of phones, and they just recently changed the shape of their phones to a practical size.
ZacGraphics

Con

I'll be taking the Con side in this debate. I will be arguing that iPhones, or IOS, is better than Android brand of cell phones. I will make an opening statement, and will attempt to refute Pro's opening arguments as default, since Pro has not laid out any rules. I will provide definitions, as none were provided in the original statement by Pro.

Definitions from Wikipedia

iPhone: iPhone (/G2;a=8;foA0;n/eye-fohn) is a line of smartphones designed and marketed by Apple Inc. They run Apple's iOS mobile operating system.[14] The first generation iPhone was released on June 29, 2007; the most recent iPhone models are the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, which were unveiled at a special event on September 9, 2015.[15] (https://en.wikipedia.org...)

Android: Android is a mobile operating system (OS) currently developed by Google, based on the Linux kernel and designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.

Opening Statement

iPhones have been top dogs in the cell phone industry for quite some time now, and for good reason. Apple has created a very user-friendly layout for the majority of their products to stomp the competition. How does it do so? Well, Apple is always coming out with the latest and greatest in modern technology. They receive feedback from users, and improve upon it with constant updates.

Sometimes, less is more. Android phones come with "Carrier Bundled Apps" which are apps that have been installed onto your device by other companies by default. These apps cannot be removed, but only disabled. This takes up space, and these apps are rarely used. iPhones don't come with these apps.

Even if you don't want your old iPhone, it doesn't become completely useless. In current sales from online shops such as eBay and craigslist, old iPhones sell for much more as opposed to Androids. This hints at which is the better brand of device.

Finally, iPhones are miles more compatible with other devices that don't even belong to Apple. Apple uses wires and outlets that will be most reliable and most compatible with your other devices. Android is a different story.

Rebuttals

Is it opposite day already?

- "The first reason I have is that Androids are not restrictive at all, whereas apple is very restrictive. Apple is restrictive in their app store, and In the fact that you are strongly encouraged to buy music, whereas in android you could simply download a music app."

The Apple App Store is far from restrictive. As stated above, Android had pre-installed apps from other companies that cannot be uninstalled from your device. Also, Apple is no different when it comes to "music apps". Spotify, Pandora, and the list goes on with the music apps that are available for iPhones.

- "Also, you can unlock androids way easier than Iphones."

iPhones usually have simple 4 digit passcodes or a word/phrase chosen by the user of the phone. What does android have?

- "Lastly, there is certainly a wider array of phones to fit any type of person on android's side.

Apple only has a few different variations of phones, and they just recently changed the shape of their phones to a practical size."

This just makes things confusing and unnecessary. Why get different versions when they're all just average? The iPhone outplays this by already being very customizable.

I look forward to your response.

SongHaGin

Pro

Google and Android take feedback from people also. There is always a feedback button in their apps, and they definitely use the feedback from people to improve upon their products. Android is always coming out with innovative technology centered around us.
The apps that are installed on android phones that can't be uninstalled can be helpful at some times, and if they take up too much space the user can simply purchase a Microsd card that they would purchase anyway.
Apple does come with apps pre installed on the phone, though.
Androids are compatible with a MYRIAD of devices!
Is is not opposite day.
The app store is quite restrictive. There are a ton of apps that are not on apple that are on android, or even windows!
My unlocking, I meant buying a phone and putting a whichever sim- card you would like into the android, and choosing whichever carrier you would like. I don't even think you can open the back of an IPhone.
Lastly, having different phones does not make everything confusing at all. Android having a wide variety of phone ensures the need of every person is met. Everyone enjoys having a choice in which phone they decide to purchase, choosing which features they want and do not want, and buying a phone in their price range.
Bring it. ^_^
ZacGraphics

Con

I concede and give the win to Pro. I understand I did not put up much of an argument, but my research actually is what brought me to concede, not so much Pro's points. Pro's arguments, however, were perfect rebuttals to my main argument and I can not think of any way to refute them further. It's not easy admitting to be wrong, but continuing would just create a fool out of myself.

In actuality, Apple products have decreased in recent times, and Android has stepped up its game with the OnePlus 2. This factor also brought me to my concession.

I thank Pro for this short debate, and I sincerely apologize that I could not keep up my end of the conversation.

Vote Pro, and have a great day.

SongHaGin

Pro

I want to thank my fans, my friends, my manager,
I'm just kidding.
I want to thank you, ZacGraphics, and I hope to debate with you again, with your nice debating skills.
\(^_^)/
ZacGraphics

Con

Concession.
Posted by ZacGraphics 1 year ago
ZacGraphics
@fire_wings Really? I wouldn't have, lol.

Apple products have just decreased in quality lately, as I stated. With the introduction of OnePlus Two for Android (amazing phone), it just puts up Android higher than before. The camera quality between the two is debatable, but overall, Android is defiantly on its A-game currently.
Posted by SongHaGin 1 year ago
SongHaGin
.-. Wow.
Posted by fire_wings 1 year ago
fire_wings
Con, I would have voted for you.