Fartbubble
temerix

Android is better than iOS.

Fartbubble
Started: 2/27/2015 Category: Technology

Fartbubble

Pro

Android is better than iOS. It has more features, and more customisability!
temerix

Con

Primarily, more features/customisability does not equal more control/ability. This is an important distinction frequently left out of such arguments. Android does, admittedly, allow considerably more alterations to the basic set up; but at what point does this truly equate to more features? iOS is, to be overly simplistic, a closed bubble - and in a similarly simplistic description, Android is incomplete but open to your choice of how to complete it.

This however, bears little representation of ability. To judge an operating system, regardless of platform, by its customisability is simply misguided. I would sooner have an OS that allows me to do everything I require with ease, than one which allows the exact necessary interaction but requires tweaking every time I feel the need to add a reminder.

Importantly, this possibly simplistic usability in iOS allows for little customisation, but instead for confidence and reliability. Anyone can use the device for its intended purpose and be safe in the knowledge that it will not run into the brick wall of untested errors that will result in a failure to perform. On the other hand, Android will allow you to create an alarm for an event that will connect to your coffee machine and your garage door, such that when you have an appointment it will almost finish your routine for you before you're even truly awake; but it is equally likely to fail to complete the desired task before it even begins without accurate testing and interaction from the user. I enjoy testing my programming and concepts, but when it comes down to a mobile operating system that keeps me on top of what I need and wish to do, reliability, ease-of-use and speed of interaction play the most important part. An android device plays an important part in playing with what can be done, but an iOS device works without any extra calibration or tweaking.

Overall, reliability in function trumps customisability and redundant features, unless your sole purpose is to tweak and test without care for the upshot of errors.
Fartbubble

Pro

Android DOES have more features than iOS, that leads to more control and ability. iOS does not have multiple profiles, but Android does. If you want to buy an iOS tablet that you and someone else wanted to share, you would have to share one profile, or get multiple tablets.

Also, it is only an urban legend that iOS is more stable than Android, as you will see in my first source.

You are right, Android is not complete. Nor is iOS. Think about it like this: Both are not on their last version number, correct? Therefore they are both incomplete.

Explain on how your device needs tweaking whenever you need to set a reminder in Android, while you don't tweak when you use reminders in iOS.

Also, depending on which device you use, Android can be very speedy.

Is it really that bad to tweak your Android for more features?

http://phandroid.com...
temerix

Con

temerix forfeited this round.
Fartbubble

Pro

Also, Android has multiple app stores, while iOS only has designated Apple branded stores.
temerix

Con

temerix forfeited this round.
Fartbubble

Pro

Freedom is much better than closed bubbles.
temerix

Con

temerix forfeited this round.
Fartbubble

Pro

I was hoping you could make an argument! :(
temerix

Con

temerix forfeited this round.
Posted by Fartbubble 2 years ago
Fartbubble
Can someone give me a nudge on what I should do when my opponent has forfeited their round?
Posted by jethro_purazo 2 years ago
jethro_purazo
iOS is better. No lags.
Vote Placed by tejretics 2 years ago
tejretics
FartbubbletemerixTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both the arguments were equal and deeply flawed. Con's forfeiture evens the arguments. Pro used the only sources in the debate.