Fartbubble
HermanGomez95

Android is better than iOS.

HermanGomez95
Started: 12/28/2015 Category: Technology

Fartbubble

Pro

Android is much better than iOS. It allows for much more customization!
HermanGomez95

Con

Thanks to my opponent for challenging me to a lovely debate.
Now, instead of arguing the usual side (That IOS is better) I will be arguing that both systems boast their own merits and that they can be considered equal.

I look forward to my opponents next round!
Fartbubble

Pro

As stated earlier, Android allows for lots of customization. You can install lots of app stores on your Android device, while on iOS you can only have one app store.
HermanGomez95

Con

It seems the bulk of my opponent's arguments stem from the idea that android allows for more customization. However, he has yet to prove why this qualifies the system as "better." If his debate topic was "Android has better customization" I would not have accepted this debate as I agree with that statement. However, if you look at certain aspects outside of customization, you'll find that the two are far closer aligned. In an article from CBS, we get a sense that the two have separate, but closely similar merits.
Therefore, I reaffirm my contention that, while both have better qualities than the other, at the end of the day, they are both equal.

http://money.cnn.com...
Fartbubble

Pro

Login: Some iOS devices don't even have Touch ID, such as the new iPod touch 6th generation.
Make a Call: You can install Skype on Android.
Music/Podcasts: Apple Music is also available on the Google Play store!
Search: Actually, there is an app called Andro Search which functions similarly.
Set to Vibrate: Actually, holding the volume down button on the Nexus devices enables a set to vibrate mode.
Talk to Phone: There is a very cool app called Speaktoit Assistant for Android. I would even say that it is better than Siri, since not only there is a voice associated with the virtual assistant, but a face that you can change, too.
Send to Text: Facebook Messenger is much better than texting, and it is for Android.

Also, you can install the free Tor browser on Android, which makes your browsing extremely secure and private. If you want this program on iOS, you have to pay money.
HermanGomez95

Con

To conclude this debate, I'll simply state that Pro has failed to affirm his argument. He has stated several merits android has that IOS also has. And, for those the two systems don't share, he has failed to prove why this makes Android better.
In conclusion, both systems boast merit that have gathered praise and criticism. While some prefer one over the other, either system proves adequate.

Thanks for this unusual debate.'it was rather fun and different.
Posted by Fartbubble 11 months ago
Fartbubble
Yes, but I also stated that Android has the free Tor browser.
Posted by govitz147 11 months ago
govitz147
@Fartbubble you do realize that you stated things that you can do on iOS and Android you know.
Posted by Fartbubble 11 months ago
Fartbubble
Customization is great because if the user does not like a particular aspect of their device, they can change it!
Vote Placed by pimpmaster 11 months ago
pimpmaster
FartbubbleHermanGomez95Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had a lot of material to work with but did not support his original argument. Apps do not make the OS better. One could argue the app is due to a lack of something in the OS... Reliability, speed, performance, interface, functionality and other potential points were never discussed. I think android is better, but pro did nothing to support the Android OS is a better mousetrap.
Vote Placed by RNG_REKT 11 months ago
RNG_REKT
FartbubbleHermanGomez95Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con points out why the "Pro" was incorrect. He also lists the flaws in the Pro speech.
Vote Placed by BeckyDawg 11 months ago
BeckyDawg
FartbubbleHermanGomez95Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I agree with Con that Pro did not provide any quantifiable metrics for defining which operating system is "better". For this reason, the victory conditions is arbitrary. Despite this, Con did not really provide much support for his argument, either. I gave him the point for reliable sources because he provided a source.