Fartbubble
Superbeef

Android vs iOS

Fartbubble
Started: 1/2/2015 Category: Technology

Fartbubble

Pro

I will be arguing for Pro side, which means Android is better than iOS.

You may use personal opinion and facts. Sources are not required, but recommended. You may use Wikipedia.
Superbeef

Con

I believe that Apple provides the better platform because it is more tightly controlled by a single company. This allows them to ensure proper design from top to bottom, including the hardware, user experience, and application store. When you buy an apple device, you can rest assured that your new gadget will integrate wholesale into your existing Apple ecosystem of family friendly products.

It is space age technology. The future is here, and it has arrived in the form of IOS.
Fartbubble

Pro

You think iOS is better than Android, but I BEG TO DIFFER! Android has greater customisability, and modification is encouraged in Android-land! Android is supported on a wide variety of devices. iOS uses a Borg-like ecosystem, where modding gets a big "no-no" from Apple.

As the Android slogan is, "Be together, not the same."

(Anyway, if you more of a closed ecosystem, Android has the device for you! It is called the Nexus!

Android.com
Superbeef

Con

Superbeef forfeited this round.
Fartbubble

Pro

Note: Con has his arguments in the comments section.
Note 2: Paragraphs marked with '>' are from Con.

>Apple encourages everyone to be think differently. It is in their name. By thinking differently along with everyone else, you can finally realize that you are a unique individual in a sea of other equally unique individuals. It is a cognitive dissonance that tickles the imagination with its sublime irony and far reaching commentary on the nature of mankind's desire to differentiate itself while remaining part of a larger group.

How does this improve the quality of their operating system?

>This is simply untrue. When you buy your ipod, you are encourage to add custom engraving for a very very reasonable fee. You would be a FOOL to not take them up on this offer. Your ipod can come in any color imaginable! Blue! Green! Or a blue-green mixture! The possibilities are endless!

This is irrelevant. It depends on the designer whether custom engravings and multiple colors should be on their device.

>Which is better. The nexus or the apple iTV. The answer lies before us. Which one did Steve Jobs prefer? Would Steve Jobs have preferred an inferior product? No. He would not.

Also irrelevant. This is like comparing bananas to dogs.
Superbeef

Con

> How does this improve the quality of their operating system?

Well, obviously it doesn't since I'm about 85% joking around. Ultimately it boils down to what the user is in the mood for. If you like tinkering and don't mind doing some troubleshooting, then you might be happier with an Android device. If you want an ecosystem that's a bit more tightly controlled, but which will potentially give you less of a headache, then go with IOS. If you live near an Apple store, you can count on them to really be a good source of technical support (if you need that sort of thing), and on the upside you can buy more Apple products while you're in there.

> This is irrelevant. It depends on the designer whether custom engravings and multiple colors should be on their device.

Why do you have a deep seated hatred for custom engravings? Were you abused by a custom engraving as a young child? Do not hold this bad experience against custom engravings everywhere, most of them are very nice! Also you should consider an apple green case to really show off your individuality!

> Also irrelevant. This is like comparing bananas to dogs.

Bananas and dogs are easy to compare because they are different things.

DEBATE SCHOOL. CLASS DISMISSED!
Posted by Superbeef 2 years ago
Superbeef
Oops. I forgot to post a reply so I will do it here:

> You think iOS is better than Android, but I BEG TO DIFFER!
> Android has greater customisability, and modification is encouraged in Android-land!

Apple encourages everyone to be think differently. It is in their name. By thinking differently along with everyone else, you can finally realize that you are a unique individual in a sea of other equally unique individuals. It is a cognitive dissonance that tickles the imagination with its sublime irony and far reaching commentary on the nature of mankind's desire to differentiate itself while remaining part of a larger group.

> Android is supported on a wide variety of devices. iOS uses a Borg-like ecosystem, where modding gets a big "no-no" from Apple.

This is simply untrue. When you buy your ipod, you are encourage to add custom engraving for a very very reasonable fee. You would be a FOOL to not take them up on this offer. Your ipod can come in any color imaginable! Blue! Green! Or a blue-green mixture! The possibilities are endless!

> (Anyway, if you more of a closed ecosystem, Android has the device for you! It is called the Nexus!

Which is better. The nexus or the apple iTV. The answer lies before us. Which one did Steve Jobs prefer? Would Steve Jobs have preferred an inferior product? No. He would not.

Case closed.

Bam!
Posted by Fartbubble 2 years ago
Fartbubble
iOS is basic. Android is for people who like customisation. If you don't like the iOS interface, you have to jailbreak it, which voids your warrenty. On Android, you can just get a launcher from the Google Play Store.

Example: I recently got a Samsung Galaxy tablet, but I did not like TouchWiz, which is the name of their interface. So, I went to the Google Play Store, and got the Google Now Launcher, which looks like vanilla Android. I liked it better than the original launcher. I know I am starting to rant a bit, but point is, if you don't like how iOS works, you just have to stick with it.
Posted by Superbeef 2 years ago
Superbeef
I'll drag and drop you.. OFF A CLIFF

DEBATE SCHOOL!
Posted by Asburnu 2 years ago
Asburnu
I'll take the super easy drag and drop over the syncing and exclusivity of segregationist software any day. Enjoy your stormtrooper iClones, sheeple.
Vote Placed by FaustianJustice 2 years ago
FaustianJustice
FartbubbleSuperbeefTied
Reasons for voting decision: Didn't appear that Con was interested in actually debating, FFed.