Hanate333
AgentAlaska21

Android vs iOS

Started: 4/15/2016 Category: Technology

Hanate333

Pro

This is my first debate on this website, I'm looking forward to a very fun and good natured debate!

As pro, I will be arguing that Android OS (AOS, as I will refer to it during the debate) is simply a better software.
Pro posts arguments first after Con accepts the debate.
AgentAlaska21

Con

As your contender, I hope you know that I will for sure put up a fight for everyone to know that the iOS is better than the Android OS.
Hanate333

Pro

Hanate333 forfeited this round.
AgentAlaska21

Con

AgentAlaska21 forfeited this round.
Hanate333

Pro

Thank you for accepting this. I'm looking forward to hearing your arguments.

Point 1: I'm sure you've heard this before, so let me just get it out of the way. Android is a much more customizable platform. With the ability to download skins and themes, as well as widgets, AOS can fit anyone's needs. iOS, however, has extremely basic widgets. There are themes for iOS, but they are just aesthetic. AOS goes beyond that and customizes button placement and other accessibility items.

Point 2: AOS, contrary to the myth, is very secure. Google pushes monthly security updates to the Nexus line of devices, rooting out the software security problems. And although iOS is better at vetting apps, android apps themselvess are more secure according to a study done by Checkmarx and AppSec Labs. iOS had a higher rate of in-app security problems (like not keeping critical info secure like credit cards and usernames/passwords). And really, the in-app security problems are the bigger deal. You can tell when there is a shady app. You can't tell if Instagram on iOS is worse than Instagram on android.

Point 3: AOS is a much more open platform. Unlike iOS, which is a closed garden in terms of, well, everything, AOS is open for any developer or company to tweak. This encourages a lot of creativity. Android also costs much less to develop apps on.

Point 4: Google now is much more useful than iOS's Siri. Although Siri is more personable, Google now is more useful and customizable for doing things and getting information. People call Google creepy for taking info and using it to customize your experience for the better. The problem with that argument is that the only things it takes info from other Google apps which you already use, and uses an algorithm to customize your experience.

I reserve the right to add 1-2 more arguments next round if necessary.
AgentAlaska21

Con

AgentAlaska21 forfeited this round.
Hanate333

Pro

I hope we can have at least one round with clash...
AgentAlaska21

Con

AgentAlaska21 forfeited this round.
AgentAlaska21

Con

AgentAlaska21 forfeited this round.
Posted by Hanate333 7 months ago
Hanate333
Sorry I was at my cabin, and didn't have wifi to post my argument. Con can post arguments first, they deserve that.
Posted by Brian62637 7 months ago
Brian62637
Good luck have fun