kylerez
0AlexZhang0

Androids are better than IPhone

Started: 3/24/2016 Category: Technology

kylerez

Pro

I believe Android's are better than the expensive brand known as apple. Iphone's have the look, the feel and the popularity but it isn't about what's on the outside. It's what's on the inside. If you accept this debate please respond and we can begin.
0AlexZhang0

Con

iPhones get the best apps first.
Even though the iPhone has a smaller market share, developers still tend to make the best apps for iOS first.
Yes, you can find most of the same popular apps on Android, but they don't always have the better features and designs.
If you care about having the best apps on your phone, you're better off with iPhone.
They're better looking.
With a few exceptions like the gorgeous HTC One and Xiaomi Mi Note, there aren't many great-looking Android phones out there. Many are chunky and plasticky.
The iPhone consistently has a better designs than Android phones.You can't beat the Apple Store for customer support.
You can't beat the Apple Store for customer support.
Where do you go if you have a problem with your Android phone?
For many people, it's their carrier. But carriers don't have the same kind of support Apple provides at the Apple Store. If something goes wrong with your iPhone, or you just want to learn how to use it, Apple has you covered better than any Android phone maker.
Android devices have come a long way in terms of increasing the general speed and fluidity of getting around in the OS, especially on devices that don"t feature heavy skins. In many cases, flagship Android smartphones are pushing faster processors and even have more memory, but the buttery smooth feeling of iOS still feels like it"s on a different level. This is another one of those situations where because both the software and hardware are in the hands of the same company, everything just feels more efficient and integrated.
Despite all the promises by Android phone makers to streamline their skins, the iPhone remains the easiest phone to use by far. There's no separate app drawer for your apps and no annoying overlay to get in the way. Some may lament the lack of change in the look and feel of iOS over the years, but I consider it a plus that it works pretty much the same as it did way back in 2007. Pick it up, turn it on, touch the app to open.
Of course, Apple has folded in enhancements over the years, such as Siri and Control Center (though I think the Today Screen still isn't useful enough), but the iPhone still has zero learning curve. With iOS 9, Apple is playing catch-up in some ways, especially by putting transit into in maps, but the proactive assistance features, improved search and smarter Siri add up to a better overall user experience than Android. We could do without the new News app, though.
The one indisputable point on this list is this: updates are frequent, available on all devices, and immediate. Google has tried to find ways around the Android fragmentation problem, but it"s one that still inevitably exists. When you own an iPhone, you can be confident that bugs will be quickly fixed, you"ll get a lot of the newest features, and you"ll get them on the same day it"s launched everywhere. At some point, the fact that Android keeps getting better with every new version if you have to wait upwards of a year to get the update pushed out.
When you have a problem with your Android phone, you can try online forums or calling your carrier. But with the iPhone, you can tap into a vast database of useful help articles on Apple's website, get help via live chat, or you can schedule an appointment at an Apple Store Genius Bar. Google doesn't have this kind of direct relationship with its customers. With Android, you're on your own.
kylerez

Pro

I wouldn't say that iPhones get the best apps first.
Android has a lot of apps as well, just not as noticeable since they aren't as popular. iPhone's have the look but not for their price. I could buy 2 androids for the price of one iPhone, which I don't find satisfying. There are a lot of good looking Android phones on the market such as HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Moto G3, Xiaomi Mi Note, Moto XPlay and the Galaxy Note 4. The iPhone obviously has better apps on some occasion but for look, I believe Android takes the cake considering all of the models there are to choose from.

Apple is a solid, successful company and they can fix many problems but if you buy an iPhone you're going to be seeing your carrier a lot considering the phone is so fragile and easy to break. If I drop my Android, I know the screen is most likely still in good condition, and it's more durable. Meanwhile, I've known people who break their iPhone screen the first time they drop their phone. Just last week my friends app froze and his home button got messed up in the process, resulting in him getting a new phone. No iPhone 6 should be having that kind of problem. Luckily he moved to an Android.

Also if you have an Android and you eventually get an iPhone, you have to switch carriers, which is unsatisfying. I also hate the fact that once you have an iPhone, you're practically forced to stay with Apple since you can transfer music from an iPhone to an Android.

Androids have surpassed iPhone in customization. I can choose the way my applications move, the way I enter into my phone. For example, swipe, pattern, password, etc. Siri is a great voice control system but Android's is as well. Maybe it's not called Siri but it preforms just like it. iOS helps improve the phone but sometimes it takes up so much space to fully update it and can get quite annoying and tedious. Updates are frequent indeed but most are not necessary and make no difference to the phone. Androids work better with people who want things a certain way that's pleasant to them. If you don't like how the iPhone 4 was, you're not going to like the iPhone 6 since it works the same way, excluding the touch scanner. Also, Androids still have better battery life and better service. I was once coming home from an event when we needed directions for the way home. All of my friends could not find service for their iPhone, resulting in them not connecting to Google Maps. But my service was very strong and I could use my phone to find my way back home. This makes me trust Android more with service and connection as a whole. There are also many websites for your Android as well, including my phone connecting to my digital camera. My Galaxy has an application that allows me to transfer the pictures from my camera to my phone. iPhone does not have this exact application which makes Android look more like a friendly phone that is better at connecting to other devices, meaning you're not even close to being "on your own."
0AlexZhang0

Con

0AlexZhang0 forfeited this round.
kylerez

Pro

kylerez forfeited this round.
0AlexZhang0

Con

0AlexZhang0 forfeited this round.
kylerez

Pro

kylerez forfeited this round.
0AlexZhang0

Con

0AlexZhang0 forfeited this round.
kylerez

Pro

kylerez forfeited this round.
0AlexZhang0

Con

0AlexZhang0 forfeited this round.