B0MB3RM4N_J43H4
EmptyOptimist

Androids are better than IPhones.

EmptyOptimist
Started: 4/26/2015 Category: Technology

B0MB3RM4N_J43H4

Pro

androids are better than Iphones. android phones have a wide range of customization without rooting (jail breaking), it gives you access to many different things that Iphones like developer mode, and being able to clear ram if the phone is lagging, also most android phones have a removable battery cover which in case your phone freezes unlike a Iphone where if it freezes you have to wait and hope for the best. another reason that androids is better than Iphone because it allows memory expansion by buying a micro sd card which can go to 128gb.
EmptyOptimist

Con

Than you to the instigator for arranging this debate.

In this debate I will be arguing that the iPhone is actually a better product based on the needs of the average smartphone user. I will be focusing my arguments on accessibility, ease of use, and reliability in addition to rebutting to any arguments made by Pro.

I will allow Pro to outline his argument in detail before providing the specifics of my stance.

Thank you Pro!
B0MB3RM4N_J43H4

Pro

B0MB3RM4N_J43H4 forfeited this round.
EmptyOptimist

Con

As stated above, my argument will focus on three points: accessibility, ease of use, and reliability, as follows.

ACCESSIBILITY

Although I agree that Androids provide more control and customization than the comparable iPhone, my argument hinges on the everyday use by the average user. I contend that the vast majority of cellphone users don't have the knowledge or understanding to use the core accessibility, and many of those that do don't frequently use it. By complicating the phone, I would argue that the android system has actually made itself a worse phone for most users.

Interestingly, the thing Apple is most criticized for - it's iron hand over every component of the iPhone experience, is also what has led to its benefit; by limiting the ability of users and companies to modify or layer the OS, Apple has ensured that the user experience is consistent, predictable, and relatively simple. Android, by running an open source OS, has suffered from the consequences; each smartphone manufacturer has created it's own layer on top of the Android experience, which almost universally affected the interface. More on this below.

EASE OF USE

Apple is constantly and consistently lauded for its user interface, reviews regularly commending Apple on just getting the finish right. Only with the most recent OS releases (iOS8 and Lollipop) is the Android platform being recognized for its UI. But this is because it has essentially copied the UI from the Apple platform, right down to how the features are accessed, Android has tried to leverage its own form of the Apple mantra. [1]

Apple, although commandeering in its control over the iOS platform, has ensured that every iPhone customer gets the same consistent and (relatively) easy user interface. This extends to app developers as well - an app that will work on an iPhone 5 will work on every iPhone 5. Despite the higher barrier for App Store approval, developing for an iPhone has been recognized as easier (due to the ease of the XCode interface), and more profitable than developing for Android [2]. Of greater concern for developers, however, is the fragmentation resulting from Android's open source. Developers are required to test their build on several different versions of the OS, and any updates need to be coded accordingly keeping several version of OS in mind. The open source of the platform also increases the potential of apps not working in conjunction with one another - an issue that is incredibly difficult to problem solve by even the most savvy Android user.

As my opponent has forfeited this round, I will hold my further arguments in the event that they return and respond.

SOURCES
[1] http://mashable.com...
[2] http://www.appmakr.com...
B0MB3RM4N_J43H4

Pro

B0MB3RM4N_J43H4 forfeited this round.
EmptyOptimist

Con

Arguments advanced.
B0MB3RM4N_J43H4

Pro

B0MB3RM4N_J43H4 forfeited this round.
EmptyOptimist

Con

Arguments advanced.
B0MB3RM4N_J43H4

Pro

B0MB3RM4N_J43H4 forfeited this round.
EmptyOptimist

Con

Arguments advanced.
Posted by lord_megatron 1 year ago
lord_megatron
I agree, and also iphone battery dies fast when gaming.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
B0MB3RM4N_J43H4EmptyOptimistTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro failed to uphold the BOP, forfeited, and had several grammatical errors.