PRIYANSHU25
blakefewell

Androids are better than iPhones.

PRIYANSHU25

Pro

Androids are better than iPhone. Anyone who thinks the opposite can debate on the topic with me. And all those who find Androids better may vote for me. The first person to accept the debate can debate with me. Waiting for a better opponent but the world knows Android is better than iPhone. :) :) :) :)
There would be 4 rounds.
Round 1 is just the introduction round. The true debate starts from Round 2 and lasts till Round 4.
blakefewell

Con

I accept this challenge against my opponent and will argue that Android phones are not better than iPhones. Since my opponent did not make any arguments in round 1, I will not do so either.
PRIYANSHU25

Pro

Mobile is one of the best products of Science which are not only cheap but also useful. So the one who owns it should get best out of it. IPhone cannot give that much benefit as Android mobiles can. I would like to tell first that I am not an "Apple OR iPhone hater" but I find Androids better than iPhones.
Firstly, the iPhones have a high price at its launch. It is too easy to find a product with better features at a very cheap price. For Example:- In India iPhone 6 Plus has a price around Rs. 50,000 whereas Samsung Galaxy S4 has better features and costs around Rs. 20,000.
The second major thing is that iPhones don't have an extendable memory,i.e, they don't support Micro SD card whereas almost all Androids have the feature of extendable memory. When you buy an iPhone, you're stuck with as much storage as you decided to buy at the get-go. Most Android phones, however, have a micro-SD card slot, so you can easily and cheaply buy more storage space.
IPhones don't offer choice. Every year a mobile is launched and you can choose only between them whereas there are many products with Android.
Almost all apps of iPhones are paid and are priced high. These apps are very important and are of daily use. So a man owning iPhone needs to spend much money to buy these apps. Androids, in comparison, have mostly free apps and one need not waste much money on apps.
Android doesn't care where your music comes from. Apple and iOS 8, however, require iTunes if you want to load your iPhone up with songs, and you need iPhoto if you ever want to get your photos onto your computer.
If your battery starts sucking in Android phone, you can usually remove it and replace it with a new one. You can't do that with an iPhone.
Generally, Android's visible file system is amazing. When you plug your Android phone into your computer, you can see a file system just like the one you'd work with if you were searching for something on your computer. It's as easy as drag-and-drop. Apple doesn't give you that kind of access to all your files.
When you have an Android phone, your notifications are always shown at the top of your screen, which makes easier to remember what you need to check and respond to.
Now its all to my opponent. Thank You. Waiting for my opponent's reply. If anyone is in my favour, do vote for me.
blakefewell

Con

In this round, I will present my argument for why I believe iPhones are better than Android phones. I will save my rebuttal of my opponent's arguments for Round 3.

iPhones provide an overall better user experience than Android phones. They are user friendly and easy to navigate. Apple has designed its user interface to be self-explanatory. Android may offer more customization in some aspects, but this can lead to user frustration when they get lost in the infinite menus of Android. Apple has provided the opportunity for customization with ease, but it has also developed an operating system that is already excellent in itself and does not need third party customization.

iPhones also provide consistency. There are a number of excellent Android phones, but there are also a lot of awful Android phones that do not provide the functionality necessary for users. There are many Android phones that do not have the capacity to run the operating system to its fullest potential which can cause lagging in use and a frustrated user experience. With an iPhone, the user is guaranteed an excellent phone with a well-working operating system. When you pick up an iPhone, you know what you are getting. With an Android, you must do significant research to ensure that the phone you are getting is going to provide you the experience you want.

The fact that Apple makes its phone and its operating system is why so many have turned to iPhones as their phone of choice. Apple knows how the hardware and software interact with one another and how they can provide the best user experience with those two aspects of the device. Android phones have one company producing the software and another producing the hardware. This, as I mentioned above, is a reason why some phones simply cannot handle the Android operating system.

I would also say that I find (and I believe other people find) the Android market to be extremely cluttered. With such a variety of phones, it can be overwhelming to pick the phone that will work for you. iPhones, on the other hand, make it easy and simple for choosing your device and you know you will receive quality no matter what.
PRIYANSHU25

Pro

In this round both of us are going to show rebuttal of the opponent's arguments of ROUND 2.
The truth is that iOS is a more limited, simplified experience
However, the alerts system is the one area where Android is just flat out more useful and more usable than iPhone. If that sounds trivial, it's not -- especially for business professionals and others who do a lot of stuff with their smartphones. Alerts give you timely updates of important information, quickly let you know about things that need your attention, and give you an at-a-glance look at your latest messages from various sources.
In reality Androids provide better user friendly environment. Android is more flexible and customizable. Android phones are basically customized for most of the users to make their experience with android the best. Unlike Apple, it also provides customization so that if one doesn't like a specific thing one can easily change it.
The best thing about android is that we can choose the type of mobile whose features we like and can afford. But in iPhone we need to use the same company's product and of the same price. Each variety of mobile is available under Android. So consistency should not be a factor for choosing iPhones over android as there is an internal consistency in Androids.
Choosing android phone is not at all a tough job. We just need to know that what features we want and each type of mobile is available.
blakefewell

Con

In this round, I will rebuttal the arguments from Round 2.

1. My opponent argues that iPhones have a higher price than Android phones. While this may be true in some cases, it ultimately depends on the quality of phone. Android's phone market extends from the cheap, nearly unusable phone, to top-of-the-line technology phones. Looking at the newest standard model Samsung phone compared to the newest standard model iPhone, the retail price of the Samsung phone is $118 USD more expensive. If we are going to compare prices, we must compare quality as well. iPhone is no more expensive than comparable Android phones.

2. My opponent argues that the iPhone does not have expandable memory. Granted, this is a loss for the iPhone, but, like Android, there are ways to overcome this issue. There are a number of apps for iPhone which provide cloud storage for photos, documents, music, etc. Apple also has its iCloud which is wonderful for keeping music, photos, and iPhone settings synced at all times. There are a number of great and innovative ways to keep stuff stored, protected, and accessible from other devices.

3. My opponent argues that Apple provides little to no choice regarding phones. This argument has some issues. First, iPhone is a device whereas Android is an operating system. When you buy an iPhone, you get an iPhone. When you buy an Android, you can buy a slew of devices and you may not know the quality of what you are getting. I argued in Round 2 regarding the benefit of having the same company producing both hardware and software. I also argued why Android's market is simply too cluttered and makes decision making difficult. Second, Apple does provide choice between storage capacities, colors, and models. My opponent makes it sound like you can only buy the newest model, but this is simply false. Many older models are still available for purchase if desired.

4. My opponent argues that iPhone apps are more expensive. Generally, the most used apps on iOS are free. Also, many of the free Android apps that have a paid counterpart on iOS are ad supported on Android. Overall, app prices are very comparable on iPhone and Android.

5. My opponent argues that you need iTunes and iPhoto to access your music and photos. This is simply false. I rarely use iTunes and use Spotify instead (this is just my preference). I can load music on my phone and play it. iPhones are not limited to just iTunes for music. Also, Dropbox is a great alternative for iPhoto if you need to get photos to your computer.

6. My opponent argues that Android batteries are replaceable. This is an advantage for Android, but not an issue that I or others I know have experienced.

7. I am not familiar with the Android visible file system, but there are ways to easily transfer files on iPhones such as Dropbox and other cloud storage apps.

8. The notification system on Android is aesthetically cluttered. iPhone notifications are easily accessible from anywhere on the phone.
PRIYANSHU25

Pro

PRIYANSHU25 forfeited this round.
blakefewell

Con

Since my opponent has forfeited the final round, I will make a brief closing argument based on my previous arguments. I will not add any additional arguments.

iPhone, by far, provides the best possible user experience in a mobile phone. It provides the consistency of a company who develops both hardware and software and provides a quality product. Many of my opponents arguments are unfounded and you will see I have more than adequately refuted them in Round 3.

Android is not better than iPhone and has many downfalls to it including inconsistent quality among devices, a poor user experience, and a cluttered market. When the entire Android market is compared to the iPhone, the iPhone is far more superior and consistent.

I appreciate your votes and your consideration of my opponent's forfeit in the final round.