pivot
Truth_seeker

Angels: Do they or don't they?

Truth_seeker

pivot

Con

This debate is going to examine the negative/positive aspects of angels. It needs to be Bible based but does not have to be Christian based. We are not going to prove the existence of angels or the authority of the scriptures. The Con position, (mine) is that the angels of Heaven are a negative force when it comes to their interactions with mankind. We are not talking about demons, the devil, Lucifer, Satan etc. We are talking about angels in the Bible who are supposed to be good.

There will be four rounds in this debate. The Pro side, (my opponent) will have the burden of proof therefore the last round for Pro is book keeping only. Pro will not make arguments in round four.

round 1: Con has started and now Pro must accept challenge and give at least two positive things the angels do in the bible that helps mankind.

round 2: Con will attempt to rebut Pro's number one and give two negative things the angels do in the bible that hurts mankind. Pro will attempt to rebut Con's number two and give at least two more positive things that the angels do, (there is no limit to what Pro lists here, anything positive that the angels do).

round 3: Con will attempt to rebut Pro's number three. Pro will give his/her closing statement

round 4: Con will give his closing. Pro will sign off only.

And good luck Pro.
Truth_seeker

Pro

I accept

1) Angels help believers (Heb. 1:14)

2) Angels help win people to Christ (Acts 8:26)
pivot

Con

Hebrews 1:14 is a question. Do you see the question mark at the end of the sentence? A question mark looks like this '?'. The writer is asking a question. That means the reader is supposed to use his/her own minds to answer the question. Pro, use your mind and tell us something that the angels actually have done.

Acts 8:26? The angel told Philip to go to the desert. Oh boy that is a real positive. (Maybe what we need are angels that rap then Pro could get into this debate and stop wasting time.)

Here you go
Pro
Round and round
Mankind sin and hit the ground
angel come along and pick their bone
archman say "Dat O'tay
da good boy never turn away
Big daddy God owe me a stay"
Truth_seeker

Pro

I suppose i have fulfilled my burden of proof?
pivot

Con

Yes you have.
Truth_seeker

Pro

very well then
pivot

Con

t-sekr,
You are mistaken about one thing-

I don't care. I don't care what you do to any debate. In this I am just like the angels. When the angels gather up the resurrection they don't care. They don't care who goes to heaven. They don't care who goes to hell. And just like the angels-

I don't care which debate goes to heaven. And I don't care which debate goes to hell.

I don't love debates. I don't care
Truth_seeker

Pro

Hebrews 1:14 "Therefore, angels are only servants--spirits sent to care for people who will inherit salvation."

The angels clearly care about who goes to heaven and hell.

Vote for me
Posted by pivot 2 years ago
pivot
No. Make your opening with two positives that the angels have done for mankind found in the Bible. This is a simple debate.
Posted by Truth_seeker 2 years ago
Truth_seeker
1st round is just acceptance right?
Posted by pivot 2 years ago
pivot
What could be easier than to list four positives and collect all the points? Come Christianity and Judaism. Show us what you got.
Vote Placed by Relativist 2 years ago
Relativist
pivotTruth_seekerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession. 'yes you have'.........
Vote Placed by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
pivotTruth_seekerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Not sure what that was I just tried to read, even with a clear goal laid out for each round, it just disappeared... However the personal attacks are unacceptable in an intellectual website such as this.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
pivotTruth_seekerTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm not really clear what Con's goal was, here, except to insult his opponent and not really argue the motion that he instigated. Conduct and arguments to Pro, and it's unfortunate that this seems to have been a waste of his time.