Anger Can Be A Good Moral Motivation
Debate Rounds (3)
2) Good temper is a mean with respect to anger, good temper is placed in the middle position
3)One who is angry at the right things and with the right people, and further, as he ought, when he ought, and as long as he ought, is praised
4) Virtue in anger can be used properly when all three: excessive, deficient and good temperament are in place.
5) Anger can morally motivate us into a situation if one uses the sense of good or bad
6) When anger is used properly it will provide us with positive reinforcement in what is needed to be achieved.
7) Good temper we oppose the excess rather than the defect, for not only is it commoner, but bad-tempered people are worse to live with.
"Righteous indignation is a mean between envy and spite, and these states are concerned with the pain and pleasure that are felt at the fortunes of our neighbors; the man who is characterized by righteous indignation is pained at undeserved good fortune, the envious man, going beyond him, is pained at all good fortune, and the spiteful man falls so far short of being pained that he even rejoices."
Let's break this down for you, if one is not outraged, one is not paying attention. If one witnesses someone else suffer undeservedly, that ought to madden one. Something inside has to click and let one know that they feel anger and that will motivate one to do the rightful thing. Anger is a basic emotional operating system, this is a core emotion which goes in hand with fear and love. Anger is an impulse of energy that does give us a tool to use it and be proactive with it. Knowing how the anger works and what triggers it one can see that it is good for them. This helps different aspect in one's life by helping them achieve goals otherwise that they could not achieve by not having anger in control. One can clearly see that this sense that is being used to determine whether it is good or not lies within us.
Your argument is IRRELEVANT.
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.