Alycelilylilan2
joseph.vu

Animal Abuse should be stopped

Alycelilylilan2

Pro

Hi! I'd like to debate on the topic of "Animal Abuse should be stopped".
First round: Aceept.
Second to Fourth round: Argue with reasons

Rules
1: Con/Against and Pro/For must provide reasons for their point of views.
2: No swear words.
joseph.vu

Con

Alycelilylilan2

Pro

https://pethelpful.com...

My first reason is that they have feeling, just like us. How would you feel if someone beat and kick you? I would feel horrible.
Animals should be respected just like how you respect other people. Do you just go and abuse other people? No, you don't. (Unless you are some kind of drugged or crazy person.)
I also disagree hitting dogs when the did someting wrong. (Like chewing furniture.) Is you scold (In an angry voice but not yelling) them, they completely understand!
joseph.vu

Con

Do Animals have equal rights as Humans ? That is the underlying problem in this debate because if Animals have Equal Rights as Humans then Animals do not deserve to be Abused as my opponent claims. I will argue that Animals do not have Equal Rights as Humans and therefore are considered to be Private Property.........so therefore no one can say who can do what with their property.

Humans are guaranteed certain unalienable Rights. The Right to Express Themselves, The Right to Choose, The Right to Vote, The Right to Love, The Right to Free Health Care, The Right to Distinguish Good from Wrong,........... Let's focus on one of them, The Right to Distiguinsh Good From Wrong.

Animals have no free will. They can not choose Right or Wrong. Take for example the Tiger. You can't convince a tiger not to hunt when it's hungry, not even if the potential prey would be someone's baby. This is because the tiger can't see it's *doing bad* by hunting your baby, so it cannot make a choice, between feeding its stomach or sparing the life of a baby. This means the tiger has no free will. On the other hand, obviously, if the tiger kills a baby, it is not guilty: the tiger simply cannot choose. This is the most obvious difference between an animal and a human: the ability of choosing on a moral basis (what is better and for whom) implies the birth of the term "right", the inability to do so implies the inapplicability of any rights. This is the main reason why animals cannot have rights.

So therefore since because Animals do not have Equal Rights as Humans, Animals are therefore Property of the Human and therefore can or can not be respected. We Humans then have the right to control lesser species.

Of couse, Animals have feelings...... in pain as all Animals do including Humans. But Humans have evovled in such a way that allowed them to think logically............
........................................................................
" Animals should be respected just like how you respect other people. "

The reason why we have a respect for People is because we are Humans ! We have all of those rights I mentioned up above....... so having respect for other people is reaffirming respect for ourselves as a Human Being. However Humans have a right to respect other animals or to abuse them because it is their right to do what they want with their Private Property.

" Do you just go and abuse other people? "

No, because we have something called Free Will that helps us determine good from wrong. Animals do not make Moral Choices. They act on instinct as I mentioned above.

If we stop Animal Abuse, where do we draw the line ? Chickens have their heads cut off during Meat Processing, Dogs being totured even though that is the Owner's Choice.........because Dogs are Private Property,......... I

If we say this is bad, then this is bad, then our entire Human Expierince is based on Toturing Animals.

I will end with a Quote from the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
" 1704 The human person participates in the light and power of the divine Spirit. By his reason, he is capable of understanding the order of things established by the Creator. By free will, he is capable of directing himself toward his true good. He finds his perfection "in seeking and loving what is true and good."

Can Animals decide for themselves that Abuse is bad ?
Alycelilylilan2

Pro

"You can't convince a tiger not to hunt when it's hungry, not even if the potential prey would be someone's baby. This is because the tiger can't see it's *doing bad* by hunting your baby, so it cannot make a choice, between feeding its stomach or sparing the life of a baby. "

Yes, a tiger can't choose not to eat a baby because it's their natural instinct. But aren't humans the same? For an example, you could eat chicken, pork, beef, fish ..etc. They are all offsprings from another animal. You eat them because you are hungry.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"On the other hand, obviously, if the tiger kills a baby, it is not guilty: the tiger simply cannot choose."

Most people wouldn't feel guilty of eating other animals. "When you are hungry you eat", this is a natural instinct of human too. There are some poeple who become vegetarian too. But this is because human are omnivores. We have the choice of eating either meat or vegetable. Tigers don't have a choice but to eat meat because they are carnivores.
"However Humans have a right to respect other animals or to abuse them because it is their right to do what they want with their Private Property."

I understand what you are trying to imply here. Indeed, in law, animals you own are considered "Private Property". BUT animals are not objects. You can abuse or damage an object that is your's and nobody would complain. But is it morally correct to hurt animals?
"If we stop Animal Abuse, where do we draw the line ? Chickens have their heads cut off during Meat Processing, Dogs being tortured even though that is the Owner's Choice.........because Dogs are Private Property,......... "

I'd say we draw the line at stopping owners abusing their own pets. We kill animals because it servers some kind of advantage to us. We kill animals to eat, maybe trying to stop disease going around.
joseph.vu

Con

" We have the choice of eating either meat or vegetable. Tigers don't have a choice but to eat meat because they are carnivores. "
Some People choose to become Vegetarians because Humans have the Higher Order Thinking Processes to make that decision for themselves. However, my opponent has shown no evidence that Animals possess the Higher Order Thinking Ability. So if Animals do not have the Ability to decide for themselves........ They therefore inferior to Humans, so they are considered Private Property. We can make the choice.......Animals can not. Another Example is this. Humans are the only Species on this Earth that can reason about their conceptions of right and wrong"that"s how we get the branch of philosophy called ethics.

" BUT animals are not objects. You can abuse or damage an object that is your's and nobody would complain. But is it morally correct to hurt animals? "

My opponent has not shown why Animals are not Objects and are Equal to Humans. These are vauge questions the opponent has thrown. My opponent has not rebutted my points I made up above. However, What I presented up above clrealy shows that Animals are not equal to Humans and therefore are not entitled to the Same Rights we have. Animals do not reason for themselves, Animals do not think of the Consequences that their Action just produced, Animals have not have made the leap from vocabulary to the sort of grammar and syntax that a small child intuitively knows and uses. Now there are some Animals such as the Dolphin who have displayed a great deal of intelligiance but Dolphins have not used that in a way that allows them to rebel............... So If humans didn't decide what was right or wrong, then nothing else would; that's what entitles humans to decide what's right and wrong so Animals can not decide for themselves what is wrong..... in fact, this entire debate rests on my opponent's assertion.....My opponent spoke for Animals, as a Human made the decision, not the animal. My opponent labled the Animals as Innocent. They did not labled themselves.

" I'd say we draw the line at stopping owners abusing their own pets. We kill animals because it servers some kind of advantage to us. We kill animals to eat, maybe trying to stop disease going around. "

How would my opponent go about doing this ? I have heard no concrete solutions to the Problem. If we were to pass a law, or something like that, than it would be infringing on OUR personal Liberty.................
Alycelilylilan2

Pro

Objects- A material or thing that can be seen and touched but Not Living.

Animals- a living organism that feeds on organic matter, typically having specialised sense organs and nervous system and able to respond rapidly to stimuli.

"My opponent has not shown why Animals are not Objects and are Equal to Humans."

Well animals are not objects because they are LIVING. Humans are also considered animals. In this case, WE are equal to ANIMALS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crimes of abuse and murder can start from abusing. Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and Northeastern University says, "animal abusers are five times more likely to commit violent crimes against people and four times more likely to commit property crimes than are individuals without a history of animal abuse".

Example

Carroll Edward Cole was a West Coast serial killer who may have murdered as many as 35 women in the 1970s, and was executed in 1985. Based on Cole's testimony, his first violent act was strangling a puppy.

If these crimes happen, isn't it better to stop Animal Cruelty?

joseph.vu

Con

First off, I mispoked or in this case, miswrote about the " Object " thing... so I apologize. What I meant to write, was that Animals are inferior to Humans and therefore are not entitled to rights and protections under the law. The reasons which I have presented : Lack of Reasoning, Animals do not understand that they have rights.... and so many others shows that they are inferior to Humans and therefore do not deserve the same rights and protections as we do. Humans are not EQUAL to Animals, because we have a full understanding of our rights.

So what does this mean ? It means that Animals are inferior to Humans and such are considered private property.... so the Owner can do what ever it wants.

" Crimes of abuse and murder can start from abusing. Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and Northeastern University says, "animal abusers are five times more likely to commit violent crimes against people and four times more likely to commit property crimes than are individuals without a history of animal abuse".

This so called evidence really does not prove anything. It's only a correlation, It doesn't really tells us anything and the fact that this came from a biased source really cheapens my opponent's argument.

...........

Passing new regulations, destroys our Personal Liberty for it reduces Humans to that of an animal.

So I am done.
Posted by Alycelilylilan2 1 year ago
Alycelilylilan2
^^ Yeah, I think that is true> I wanted to know people's reason for abusing animals. Thats why I made this challenge.
Posted by Melanyy24 1 year ago
Melanyy24
I agree because we are all animals we are mammals. Animals have feelings just like humans do. Now imagine yourself getting beat until you bleed for no reason until you die until you have broken ribs. You wouldn't like it would you so why would you do it to an innocent creature that only wants to love you.