Munchin_Mitch
gigi_smash

Animal Cloning

Munchin_Mitch

Con

Deformations of animals are an inhumane thing to see or to cause. Cloning has a success rate of about 1-30 clones out of 1000 that are successful (learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/animal/cloning). Cloning can cause deformations and mutations, such as grossly oversize heads, double-headed animals, grotesquely twisted limbs, bloated fetuses, and even malformed organs (endanimalcloning.org). Some people think that only the clones themselves are hurt by this disease but in fact even the surrogate mother (organism used to carry the cloned fetus) also contracts disease and mutations. Not any regular malformations take place anything from death causing disease and life ending bone failures can occur (endanimalabuse.org). Animal cloning is sick, inhumane, and if ones beliefs lie with the topic of ending animal abuse then ones beliefs should lie with the end of cloning.
gigi_smash

Pro

Although some clones don't last long and are deformed,the problem can be fixed. Animal cloning can help towards biomedical research. Cloning can produce genetically identical laboratory animals which can be used as models for malformations and diseases. With this researchers can address the issue with the deformations and short lasting lives of the clones. Plus this provides models for studying interaction of nuclear versus mitochondrial genes and for nuclear versus cytoplasmic factors.the research from animal cloning can benefit our knowledge. Jean Paul Reynard of the National Institute of Agricultural research in France is attempting to produce cloned transgenic rabbits to study cardiovascular disease in hopes of finding a new treatment. Animal cloning can help medical research improve which can stop the deformations in the clones and could also help in the future for animals that have been hurt providing them healthy organs,cells needed tissues,etc.(mantaka.org)(healthresearchfunding.org)
Munchin_Mitch

Con

Our society views the abortion of young fetuses as wrong and inhumane but why then when so many animals die each time a clone is attempted we view it as a milestone of science. If the first successful clone,Dolly the sheep, was born in 1996(sciencedaily.com) then why in almost two centuries have these methods of cloning not been perfected? Why do so many clones still die? Scientists are responsible for the placing of cells in a host nucleus and also with reprogramming the cells to be adapted to that nucleus. Without an extremely advanced programing method (which we haven't yet uncovered what-so-ever) a clone's code is highly improbable to be perfect each time( learn.genetics.utah.edu).

This sheep is one of hundreds upon thousands of failed clones. In this day and age you would think finding pictures of about anything would be easy, but if one were to type "failed clones", or "clone malformations" into a search engine for pictures, nothing comes up that is highly credible: why? The answer is because scientists wont publish a failed clone or even the failed results because they know that it will statistically and ethically destroy the legitimization of their research.
gigi_smash

Pro

We continue this research, even though there are some failures, because perfecting cloning would create results that would benefit us immensely. There would be a new source of needed organs and tissue. Cloning results in identical copies of an individual which can be used to produce animals with high qualities or useful properties such as Polly(not Dolly), a transgenic cloned lab, able to produce milk containing factor IX, the protein deficient in hemophiliacs. Another very beneficial outcome is that transgenic animals that have been developed for the production of human therapeutic proteins ,other proteins, sources of tissues,cells , organs, etc. for xenotransplantation (Xenotransplantation is any procedure that involves the transplantation, implantation or infusion into a human recipient of either (a) live cells, tissues, or organs from a nonhuman animal source, or (b) human body fluids, cells, tissues or organs that have had ex vivo contact with live nonhuman animal cells, tissues or organs) make this more efficient, less expensive, and can be done faster and it'll just add another source if ever needed for transplantations/etc. This can help the treatment of human diseases. Cloning has many positive outcomes.
Munchin_Mitch

Con

(change.com is the source for the previous picture)

If you would look at that video and tell me that one would have a better chance of survival from having foreign animal tissues and organs put in them rather than print them an organ identical to their own but healthier.

Now that there is a solution to organ replacement another topic towards the FAILURE of cloning can be addressed. Human error is ever present in the reprogramming of an organism and can end hundreds of animals’ lives (learn.genetics.utah.edu). Why should a creature as oblivious and prone o error as a human get to play god an toy with the lives of animals and in the future humans? Though a clone can be almost exact down to the gene which is in the organism, a lot of things go wrong every single time a clone is produced. Even if a gene is programmed correctly and has all the right components to function and succeed as the scientists wish, there is never a guaranteed 100% chance that nothing will go wrong. There is always room for error and in this case that error is that genes can be expressed too early or too late in any situation of cloning.

gigi_smash

Pro

Ok first of all Mitch is a butthead trying to appeal to the voters by putting a whole bunch of visual things. No one cares Mitch. Second of all I was just saying that it's just one of many sources that can be used if need be. About earlier when you stated that the majority of people think negatively towards animal abuse/experimentation/messing with them, etc., a lot actually don't cause it benefits there businesses and they get a lot from it such as those who sell livestock or create dairy products,etc. Plus if a lot of people did care there would be a buttload of vegetarians/vegans.Mitch sucks Gina rules.WOO America.Love you Threadgill.(P.S> in the last round i forgot my cites so im putting them in this one)(mantaka.org, healthresearchfunding.org, animal-cloning.net, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, frossmont.edu, wisegeek.com)
Munchin_Mitch

Con

I never said people were against the experimentation on animals i said that people were against the abuse of animals, which is exactly what cloning is doing. Telomeres are a sequence of DNA on the end of a chromosome that protects the DNA code from harm when being duplicated (learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/chromosome/telomeres). Imagine the little plastic piece at the end of a shoelace that keeps the shoelace from fraying, the aglet, a telomere works a lot like an aglet. If the host nucleus of the clone has already duplicated many times then the telomeres could be broken down causing the short life span of clones. Why if there is no solution to this problem do we keep cloning animals which will live less than a quarter of their lives in some cases.
gigi_smash

Pro

I said animal abuse.gosh Mitch hatin. If the telomeres are worn down then people won't duplicate the animals a whole bunch of times. Just cloning once already makes double the livestock,etc. Plus what there are people who want to clone there pets. They can't have the separation between them when that pet dies. The emotional burden s too much . Wouldn't it be nice if you can have an identical copy of one of your best friends(dog, cat,etc.) Cloning has many more advantages than disadvantages.(http://www.pawnation.com...)
Munchin_Mitch

Con

The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, animal cloning is by definition: insane. For my final point I would just like to say once again that no human being should be able to play the role of god, no human being should be able to decide who or what lives or dies. The deaths of hundreds upon thousands of animals does not justify the lives of a few animals we can use. Imagine if or when one day we feel like we’ve perfected animal cloning and we decide it’s ready for humans. When complications arise will you as a person be able to sleep at night knowing that you supported and voted to kill hundreds upon thousands of children, abort hundreds upon thousands of babies, and shred the lives of hundreds upon thousands of innocent mothers and fathers for the one rich family or rich man who wishes to clone his or her body to preserve their legacy. Will you know how many lives you’ve taken then? Think about it now and end animal cloning to abort this inevitable future of eradicating immense numbers of human beings.

gigi_smash

Pro

Cloning isn't insane. It's science. With cloning scientists don't expect different outcomes everytime. they expect the same thing. Cloning can create so many new doors if we perfect it.Cloning has many more advantages than disadvantages. It can help us medically, emotionlly, economically,etc. Cloning a great scientific discovery.I REST MY CASE.(mantaka.org, healthresearchfunding.org, animal-loning.net, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, grossmont.edu,m.wisegeek.com)
Posted by gigi_smash 2 years ago
gigi_smash
the only reason u won is cause u had pictures i officially defriend you never speak to me again
Posted by corridor 2 years ago
corridor
I agree with Michelle on this one(and no not cause I have 5$ on this debate) but also because his argument are extremly strong. He provides the audience with picture sources to show the negative affect of animal cloning. Also i agree with him because unlike Gina he does not say bad thing about his opient. Also cloned animal live aless happier life of regulare animals and I find that inhuman.
Signed
Justin Hall period 5
Posted by MadisonJohnson 2 years ago
MadisonJohnson
I agree with the Con side. I do not believe that we should clone animals. These clonings lead to deformalities and shorter lives for the animal. Both sides had wonderful points and it was very tough to choose a winner.
- Madison J. 5th
Posted by foreverkayleigh 2 years ago
foreverkayleigh
Kayleigh Saal per.5
Posted by foreverkayleigh 2 years ago
foreverkayleigh
Mitch I love how you used imagery to make it much more realistic. I don't like how you compared aborotion to the topic. It is irrelevant to say the least. Gina started out so strong and I am on the pro side. Toward the end you started to downfall but you were sick so. #teamgina
Posted by PimpDaddy-1 2 years ago
PimpDaddy-1
Before I read this argument, I agreed with animal cloning being alright, but after reading I am not sure. Although the clones could be used as a model for diseases, the host that gives birth may become defected I wouldn't have as much as using a clone and having it come out wrong because its a clone but for it to harm the animal that isn't a clone isn't good. -Chris S. 5th
Posted by nLane87 2 years ago
nLane87
I agree with the con side because I think that it is not justifiable to clone animals considering all of the malfunctions that could occur. Both of the sides had very good arguments. I liked how Mitch stayed professional the whole time. Over all, both sides did an exceptional job.
Nyome Lane P.5
Posted by bgarn 2 years ago
bgarn
Brinkley G. 5
I agree with Mitch because i do not support animal cloning but both sides were very strong and both sides definitely proved their points.
Posted by PurplePanda194 2 years ago
PurplePanda194
I agree with both sides. Both have great points/arguments. If I had to choose a side it would be Mitch's because has great textual evidence as well as a picture and video to go along with his topics.
Zakery C. Period 5
Posted by mgarside98 2 years ago
mgarside98
Both sides posted a good arguement. After, this it came down to a tie as I do not believe that it is good or bad. Yes, it is good in the aspect that others can be helped and research for other ideas are good. As well these animals are taken involuntarily and basically is torture. For that reason this is why I am neutral of the topic.
Michael G. Pd. 5