Tylermack
Knight

Animal Cruelty (Factory/Pet)

Knight

Tylermack

Con

Here are some facts about animal cruelty with factory farms..
A factory farm is a large-scale industrial operation that houses thousands of animals raised for food"such as chickens, turkeys, cows, and pigs"and treats them with hormones and antibiotics to prevent disease and maximize their growth and food output.
Animals are fed and sprayed with huge amounts of pesticides and antibiotics, which can remain in their bodies and are passed on to the people who eat them, creating serious health hazards in humans.
The beaks of chickens, turkeys and ducks are often removed in factory farms to reduce the excessive feather pecking and cannibalism seen among stressed, overcrowded birds.
A typical supermarket chicken today contains more than twice the fat, and about a third less protein than 40 years ago.
2 out of every 3 farm animals in the world are now factory farmed.
Confining so many animals in one place produces much more waste than the surrounding land can handle. As a result, factory farms are associated with various environmental hazards, such as water, land and air pollution.
The pollution from animal waste causes respiratory problems, skin infections, nausea, depression and even death for people who live near factory farms.
Dairy cows typically live to their third lactation before being culled. Naturally, a cow can live for 20 years.
Hog, chicken and cattle waste has polluted 35,000 miles of rivers in 22 states and contaminated groundwater in 17 states.
Egg-laying hens are sometimes starved for up to 14 days, exposed to changing light patterns and given no water in order to shock their bodies into molting, a usually natural process by which worn feathers are replaced. It"s common for 5-10% of hens to die during the forced molting process.
Worldwide, about 70 billion farm animals are now reared for food each year.
Go Watch this sicking video on how animals that are FACTORY FARMED are slaughtered INHUMANLY, ALIVE, and how they are treated.

we need to stop all this horrible sicking crap.
lets try and get this to the President or the USDA and try and put an end to all factory farms and put losers doing this in Prison for life for taking all these life's.
God did not make animals to be treated like this or to live such a HORRIBLE SHORT life.
These Animals do not have a way to help themselves. They are helpless of themselves
and there whole life is suffering.
if u wouldnt want this, then why the hell put them through it.
animals are people to and they have FEELINGS, they are SENSITIVE, and as bad as they wish all the misery can be taken away, the MOST they can do is SUFFER IN SILENCE.
PLEASE, help me and lets all come together to stop this crap.
this is the LEAST we can do..
Thank you to u all who are with me and God Bless U All!
Knight

Pro

On the topic of animal cruelty I think personally it is wrong to hurt animals as we do when they are in the facilities but sometimes some evil has to be done for the greater good of the world. Those farms provide food for our country and others that we help and yes there are many chemicals that are associated with the animals but we all know the chances of possibly getting sick. Possible as they are, they are very rare to happen. Yes we could try and find another way to raise our food but for now this is the best way unless you or someone like you decides to find a better way. Honestly if I were to change the system it would be to focus on the waist and try and figure out chemicals that aren't needed and try to find other placements for the animals so there isn't such a large group of the animals in one area.
Tylermack

Con

Tylermack forfeited this round.
Knight

Pro

Seeing that my opponent forfeited this round I will look at the comments. Yes animal cruelty I feel shouldn't be that brutal for some places. If we are to kill animals in large groups then it should be in a cleaner faster way so it's not so painful for the animal.
Tylermack

Con

Tylermack forfeited this round.
Knight

Pro

Well from what I see that my opponent has forfeited. I shall say this as my last words. The way we raise our factory animals does seem cruel but for now the positives compared to the negatives is much better so until someone comes up with a more efficient means to raise our meat then things will stay the same.
Posted by Bullish 3 years ago
Bullish
Sadistic indifference to animal cruelty should be looked down upon, but not written in law.
Posted by Fereska 3 years ago
Fereska
I didnt mean it in like a vegetarian way, im a carnivore as far as the word carnivore goes. It just there can be different way in killing animals. Ive seen a video where they crush a cow to death while it was still alive, her ribs were getting crushed while she was breathing. I do agree that animals are not people, but there has too be line not to pass. I mean even a machine that dropped a blade on their heads and decapitated them would have been better, clean, fast and efficient, but not torture them to death; thats what I meant.
Posted by Bullish 3 years ago
Bullish
"Animals are people to[o]"

...
Posted by ararmer1919 3 years ago
ararmer1919
Fereska. That's a big negative. It's not that feel good about it or take pleasure in their suffering, except when I'm eating them lol, I just don't give a crap. That's the way it is and they do it to keep up with today's consumer production. Animals are NOT people, and killing them is not murder or anything stupid like that.
Posted by Fereska 3 years ago
Fereska
I dont think anyone will take the Pro side of this debate. I've never seen anyone who feels good and feels pleasure with seeing an animal getting abused and crushed alive in a factory machine, or at least the ones that do are heartless butchers that dont have an internet connection to debate you on it :P
Posted by Tylermack 3 years ago
Tylermack
<div style="display:block; clear:both; text-align: left; background: #e8e8e8 url(http://www.ipetitions.com...) no-repeat top left; width: 200px;">
<i<x>frame src="http://www.ipetitions.com/widget/view/silver/610937" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" style="width: 200px; height:150px; border:0;" scrolling="no"></iframe>
<div style="text-align:left; font-family:Arial;font-size: 11px; width: 170px; margin-top: -3px; padding: 1px 15px 2px; color: #27436c;">
Petition by iPetitions
</div>

</div>
Vote Placed by Sargon 3 years ago
Sargon
TylermackKnightTied