Animal Cruelty is morally sound

I, pro will argue that animal cruelty is perfectly acceptable in all forms. Clarification, I'm debating about homo sapiens being responsible directly or indirectly for cruelty to non-homo sapiens within the animal kingdom.

I like animals, so it is not morally sound.

"I like animals, so it is not morally sound." Con

I like trees. What gives you right to infringe upon my freedom and seek justice against me while still upholding your freedom and right to mistreat trees?

What gives you the right to go to the store and purchase paper products which endorses the paper industry? An industry which cuts down, kills, and then turns the tree's corpse into paper for you to use at your convince.

What right do you have to plant, raise, nurture, kill, process, sell, buy, use, own, and neglect living trees generation after generation? What gives you the power of life and death over plants? To genetically modify plants' DNA. Overriding my preference for you not to mistreat trees.

Simultaneously reinforcing your preference for me not to inflict animal cruelty upon non-homo sapien animals. Overriding my preference to abuse animals.

I state it is not morally sound to genetically modify trees. "Monsanto and its spinoff ArborGen have also set their sights on genetically modified trees and grasses." Friday, April 27, 2012 by: Tony Isaacs

You are overthinking it. what you are talking about with trees does not mean anything in this case. i am a vegetarian even though i wear a dog suit, i also eat organic food. you cannot tell me that i accept animal cruelty, because i do not in any form.

Con, your last argument is 100% wrong. If you are a vegetarian you must be an animal abuser. Did you not see the graph I posted in the comments? Animal cruelty as defined by wikipedia:

"Cruelty to animals, also called animal abuse or animal neglect, is the human infliction of suffering or harm upon any non-human animal, for purposes other than self-defense or survival." Wikipedia

There is no kind way to make the statement I'm about to make. You sir or madam are an animal abuser. You have indirectly caused suffering and harm upon non-human animals for purposes other than self-defense or survival.

If you eaten eggs, milk, cheese, or any other animal product within your lifetime you have endorsed animal cruelty. Do you think those egg laying chickens and dairy cows simply appeared out of thin air? No, they were born. Born from parents who were mistreated and spent their entire life in captivity. What happens when the chicken or cow is spent? It is slaughtered.

You don't need to eat eggs, milk, or cheese to survive. There are plenty of healthy vegans. As I see it anyone who eats eggs or milk has caused more animal cruelty than Cecil the lion's killer. What is the difference between a cow, chicken, and lion's suffering anyways?

Can you honestly look at the pages and tell me you haven't endorsed animal cruelty? The parents of the egg laying chickens and dairy cows. The field animals killed in harvesting the livestock's feed.

I see it as hypocritical to be against animal cruelty when you openly admit you are a vegetarian and thus help cause animal cruelty. You might as well slaughter the egg laying hens yourself.

On the other hand, I'm alright with animal cruelty. I am not a vegetarian nor a vegan. Yes, there is animal blood on my hands.

Yet, you haven't answered the question. What makes animal cruelty wrong or unjust? I say might makes right. Humans got nuclear weapons and lots of other weapons. Also humans' ability to cooperate.

But in addition, we are intensely interested in what other people are doing and thinking, and this is something the cognitive psychologists have come out with pretty clearly in recent years, that people are superb, all of us geniuses, at reading the intentions of others in order to get cooperation, to develop dominance, bonding and so on. And that is what is called social intelligence."
Posted by Stupidape 1 year ago
What choice do we have just for starters? In the below link you will see that even a vegan diet results in animal cruelty. Nobody is innocent. Am I supposed to starve to death because I don't want to hurt a field mouse?
Posted by I-DrankYourMilkShake 1 year ago
Why do you beleve it is just for peeple to hurt animal?