KiwiTortuga
joshuaXlawyer

Animal Deserve Inalienable Legal Rights

KiwiTortuga

KiwiTortuga

Pro

I'd like to thank who ever accepts this debate.

---- Definitions ----

Animal - a living organism that feeds on organic matter, typically having specialized sense organs and nervous system and able to respond rapidly to stimuli.

Inalienable - unable to be taken away from or given away by the possessor.

Rights - are legal, social, or ethical principles of freedom or entitlement; that is, rights are the fundamental normative rules about what is allowed of people or owed to people, according to some legal system, social convention, or ethical theory. Rights are of essential importance in such disciplines as law and ethics, especially theories of justice and deontology.

Side Info: It's up to the opponent to accept these definitions, he may decline them and post up his own.

---- Pro & Con ----

Pro - Will be chosen by me, I believe Animals are owed and deserve legal rights.

Con - Will be chosen by the opponent, he will debate that Animal are not owed nor deserve legal rights.

Side Info: By legal rights I mean that they should not be tortured, nor should they be killed without painkillers in the process of making them into food citizens eat. These are some of the rights but there are much more.

---- Rules ----

1. First round will be for acceptance, we will move on from there no new cases be made in round five.

2. Take this debate as only a debate nothing more, nothing less.

3. All type of sources will be allowed such as videos, links etc.

4. Have fun.

Side Info: It's up to the opponent to accept these rules, he can decline them if he desires.

Thank you and good luck.
joshuaXlawyer

Con

Accepted.
KiwiTortuga

Pro

I have another debate with the same topic, so with permission from the opponent and audience I will use the same opening contentions for both. I ensure the opponent and audience that the rebuttals will be different from each debate. So let's begin good luck.

WARNING: Videos have extremely graphic images.

---- Contention ----

1. Animals have served our country, our people and this world. Yet we go day in and out, abusing them killing them (without painkillers) when we please and torture them. Horses have serve our police officers in this country as well as in many wars, we use dogs daily because of their great noses and smartness. Dogs have become the partners of cops all around the world because of there great devotion and intelligence and strength, yet the Dog and Cat are among the few animals that have rights. This shouldn't be allowed every single animal should have the right to live and die when nature calls. I do agree that society loves to eat certain animals such as chickens, cows but why not use painkillers? It is proven that animals go through fear, and as well dream but also bleed and feel pain. I will post a link of a video that shows the great suffering that animals endure because of us humans neglecting to give them rights and use painkillers to kill them through the process animals go through to give our society food.

http://www.idausa.org...

2. When we kill animals we need to be aware that we kill among the smartest creatures on earth. I will use an example of an Elephant. They are able to solve problems on their own, able to display sense of humor. The ability to mimic sounds, an elephant is capable of mimicking a passing truck. Elephant use their surrounding to their advantage and make possible jobs that they can't do on their own. These animals are amazingly intelligent and yet we kill them and torture them in circus. We treat them as nothing else then we treated slaves. We whip them and beat them. One of the links I will show you is of elephant being tortured by Ringling Brother Circus, even though they got sued they got away with it and still get millions of dollars from people who pay and support this torture without even being aware of it.

http://www.andrews-elephants.com...

;

3. The simple nature of how us humans treat animals is horrific. Fur trading is what makes it possible for us to wear coats and clothes from real animal fur. I entirely disagree with using animals for clothing, but I don't expect the entire world to believe as I do. So why not use painkillers during the process of killing these animals for their fur? Yet I will show videos of how animals are skinned alive, feeling all the pain and knowing they can't do anything about it. Just like a new born child that can't speak, he can't demand rights when he may be abused so how do we expect animals to demand theirs? We humans have torn the life's of such extraordinary creatures after they please us and amuse us, and simply amaze us with their beauty and intelligence.

---- Conclusion ----

I tell this to the audience and the opponent animals are intelligent, wonderful creatures which feel pain and serve us well. Yet we treat them as nothing else but trash. I will let the opponent present his case, thank you and vote Pro!
joshuaXlawyer

Con

joshuaXlawyer forfeited this round.
KiwiTortuga

Pro

KiwiTortuga forfeited this round.
joshuaXlawyer

Con

joshuaXlawyer forfeited this round.
KiwiTortuga

Pro

KiwiTortuga forfeited this round.
joshuaXlawyer

Con

joshuaXlawyer forfeited this round.
KiwiTortuga

Pro

KiwiTortuga forfeited this round.
joshuaXlawyer

Con

joshuaXlawyer forfeited this round.
Posted by KiwiTortuga 5 years ago
KiwiTortuga
I did there's another debate entitiled "Animals Deserve Legal Rights" I challenged you specifically yet you haven't accepted.
Posted by Ad_Infinitum 5 years ago
Ad_Infinitum
I assumed you would have specifically challenged me.
Vote Placed by wierdman 5 years ago
wierdman
KiwiTortugajoshuaXlawyerTied
Reasons for voting decision: i voted pro because con did not present his case