Animal Rights should be introduced

Ok, hold on for a second. The people who vote no clearly have no insight into what happens to these animals, so let me give some detail. For example Fois Gras a style of duck is often done by force feeding the duck their entire life. Watch a video, then come back and vote because anyone who does this will without a doubt vote for animal rights. But if there is some, odd human being who votes no, then I ask you to look at a video produced by PETA. They show the true monstrosity of animal abuse and how angry men stomp on the skulls of piglets, keep monkeys for testing in small glass tubes and a sport is to put knives through a bulls body until it is dead. If you still vote no, than see a psychiatrist because nothing on this earth should ever have to through a life as bad as this. War victims are lucky in comparison to the pain animals receive, and to ignore this fact is without a doubt a true sign of your ignorance.

Thank you for starting this debate, could you please provide sources (or links) supporting your argument so myself and voters can watch them, thanks.

I have not seen the videos mentioned yet but I'm sure animals do suffer unecessarily, however I do not believe this is a reason to give them rights for the following reasons:

1. If livestock has a right to life, they can't be killed, this would have a huge impact on the price of meat, and farmers livelihoods.

2. If an animal has rights but is suffering, it can't be humanely killed. (How can someone ask for it's permission?)

3. If animals have rights it won't be long before it's illegal to run over a mouse, or tread on a snail.

4. Animals are worth money unlike humans who are priceless. If animals are given rights they wouldn't want a price tag on them so are people supposed to work hard for nothing?

5. An animals act exists [1]. It is illegal to trespass to kill a pig or whatever can affect a farmer so there is no need to give animals rights. All life suffers, it's the reason why they do that matters, and animals suffer in order to feed a growing population, advance medicine, and to provide certain people with entertainment. People don't have to choose to eat battery farmed eggs but they do knowing they are not free range.

I think I've made enough points for now, I eagerly await your argument, thanks

Moical_Mc forfeited this round.

I'm sure Nick Clegg would want to give animals the right to vote and there'd be people who would want this too, however this would destroy democracy, as there are more animals than there are people.

A lot of people seem to think that animals are people too e.g. I was talking to a woman recently on plenty of fish who replied

"I've worked at the school for 15 years. It was a long day because I've been to get my hair done as well tonight. We are goin to Liverpool on sat x".

The above may sound like a normal message but she used the word "we" to refer to her dog, and she didn't even mention anything about a dog whilst conversing. There are plenty of mentally ill people just like this who will want animals to have rights simply because animals have feelings. They don't have a valid reason, they just want to say 'I care about animals; you don't.'

You don't have to believe that animals should have rights to know they have feelings.

In summary:

It's ridiculous to think animals should have rights.

Moical_Mc forfeited this round.

I tend to avoid animal rights campaigners because I believe they are loony, and am still thinking this because my opponent has not provided a single valid argument which is annoying because I hoped he would.

There is one thing I forgot to mention, humans can catch bovine tuberculosis (bTB), which is why in the U.K. badger numbers are beng reduced by culling in the hope of controlling the disease. If animals are given rights then human beings may suffer. I think it is quite obvious that human life is more important

Moical_Mc forfeited this round.

I have clearly won this debate, vote Con!
Posted by KeytarHero 1 year ago
I'm willing to debate this topic (I don't believe animals have rights), but I don't detect an argument here.
Posted by Emilrose 1 year ago
Lol, you can make a case for animal rights without saying that "war victims are lucky in comparison". That's just stupieeed.
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
People vote based on who argued better, not by their personal feelings or some videos. I'm actually against animal rights, but that is no indication of how I will vote on this.
Posted by Mike_10-4 1 year ago
All animals have Unalienable Rights. One day, when the masses come to understand this physical Law in Nature, may improve the standard of living for all animals, including humans.
Posted by Balacafa 1 year ago
I don't really think anyone's going to accept to argue this debate because there is only answer.
Posted by TGambit 1 year ago
there are inaml rights