WindsorMark
Velcor

Animal Rights

WindsorMark

Con

Animals deserve the same rights as people because they can feel pain; therefore, everyone in the world should be vegetarians.
Velcor

Pro

Good Evening or night dear opponent. It is a big honour to debate exactly with you.

As I understood your point is that animals should have equal rights with human beings.
I have some arguments against.

1. In the majority of religions claims that animals were created for people`s needs.
From the ancient times animals were hunted and used as a meal: starting with mammoths and finishing with horses. It is not a crime to do what our ancestors did.

2.No animal in the world does not think so, as it does people. Guided not by instinct and intellect. I can post some statistics and researches on this topic, if you ask.
WindsorMark

Con

by the way, i am against animal rights.I think the reality of this situation is that humans will continue to eat meat regardless of the treatment of the animals...if the treatment of the animals was greatly improved would it then be okay? What do you think the starving person in a third world country would do? Eat, or care more for the treatment of the animal? Although I can see a sense of compassion towards the treatment of the animals, in a sense, it's taking for granted a source of life giving energy that a great portion of the world's population does not have.
Velcor

Pro

Velcor forfeited this round.
WindsorMark

Con

WindsorMark forfeited this round.
Velcor

Pro

Velcor forfeited this round.
WindsorMark

Con

WindsorMark forfeited this round.
Velcor

Pro

Velcor forfeited this round.
WindsorMark

Con

WindsorMark forfeited this round.
Velcor

Pro

Velcor forfeited this round.