Collideascope
Crayzman2297

Animal Rights

Collideascope

Pro

Con may open the debate.
Crayzman2297

Con

Good evening.

In lieu of opening arguments, I think it would be more appropriate to set parameters (and a topic) for this debate. Unfortunately, "Animal Rights" alone is too vague to have a solid argument on. I understand that as Pro, you are in favor of "Animal Rights", however there are no specifications as to which animal rights you feel should be preserved. Might I propose this topic:

"Animals should be entitled to the same basic natural rights as humans."

If you reject this statement, then I ask that you please substitute one with a similarly specific idea. This is YOUR debate, so I would hate to shift it to anything other than what you originally intended.

Due to lack of idea, this is my official forfeiture OF THE FIRST ROUND, so that Pro may choose an adequate topic for me to argue in the second. I would like to present the opportunity to Pro for him to clarify his point, as well as defend it.
Collideascope

Pro

Collideascope forfeited this round.
Crayzman2297

Con

I am disappointed by the lack of response, however my offer still stands:
I will not make any arguments until my opponent clarifies exactly what we are arguing.
Collideascope

Pro

Collideascope forfeited this round.
Crayzman2297

Con

I only even respond to this so that I may empty my inbox, now...
Collideascope

Pro

Collideascope forfeited this round.
Crayzman2297

Con

And now, here is a short film vaguely related to animals to entertain the masses:
Posted by WriterSelbe 4 years ago
WriterSelbe
Am I the only one amused by the profile image for Con?
Posted by DanT 4 years ago
DanT
The role of Government is to protect the life, liberty, and property of the people. If animals have the same rights, than animals cannot be killed for food or fur. We cannot own pets, and we cannot trim a tree with a bird's nest on the branch, regardless of hazards the branch could have involving roads, telephone wires, or houses.
Posted by wierdman 4 years ago
wierdman
most basic as to moderated hunting, or most basic as to no hunting in general?
Posted by Collideascope 4 years ago
Collideascope
Animal rights, also known as animal liberation, is the idea that the most basic interests of non-human animals should be afforded the same consideration as the similar interests of human beings.
Posted by wierdman 4 years ago
wierdman
I will accept if you specify on what you mean by Animal rights.
Posted by bjrscj 4 years ago
bjrscj
What position are you advocating? Are you saying all animals have supreme rights? So I couldn't build a house as it would kick ants and earthworms out of their homes? Are you advocating this from a naturalistic viewpoint? A theistic one would bring in different assumptions. You need to clarify a bit here.