Cheshire.Cat1
Kraanwater

Animal Testing

Kraanwater

Cheshire.Cat1

Con

I think That Animal testing should be banned.
first of all, here's this just to get a n image in your head
You"ve been lost from your family, and you"re scared. very scared. A truck comes by and takes you away. They bring you to a poorly sanitized room of cages. They give you odd medicine, wipe strange makeup on your nose, & drop shampoo into your eyes. All this time, you can hear them saying: "It's okay. They don't feel pain the way we do."
That is incredibly incorrect.
As Jeremy Bentham once said: the central question is not "Can they reason?" nor "Can they talk?", but "Can they suffer?"
Quite obviously as to those with empathetic hearts, it IS.
anyone challenging me?
I have plenty more to say.
Kraanwater

Pro

This topic has been debated many, many times in the past and every time the same result gets concluded out of it: Animal testing is worth the cost.

I conclude from Cats argument that he/she uses a great deal of Anthropomorphism which is the attribution of human feelings and emotions on non-human entities (the feeling of regret, sadness and understanding human language). Which simply is unrealistic and can not be counted for as a valid argument. Secondly I ask Cat to provide us with a valid source of the fact that the environments these animals have to live in are poorly sanitized.

The actual question which is central in this debate but Cat is completely ignoring is: "Is animal testing necessary?"

Now there is a great deal of propaganda emitted from animal right activists all around the world that we can actually replace animal testing by other techniques. But all of this propaganda is made by biased people who do not have an objective perspective. None of the replacement techniques I am currently aware of can completely replace an animal-test so I hereby challenge you to find a replacement. The answer to the above question therefore is, yes animal testing is currently necessary to gain significant scientific advances necessary to heal you and your loved-ones disease's but also on other fronts like are certain adjectives in our food (like iodine in salt).

In the end we need to combine the scientific advances of replacement techniques with ethical policies to make sure the scientific benefits we gain are worth the sacrifices we make. But to currently ban animal testing completely is not only illogical but also completely unrealistic.
Cheshire.Cat1

Con

Cheshire.Cat1 forfeited this round.
Kraanwater

Pro

I have nothing extra to add to my pervious post until Cat has her rebuttal.
Cheshire.Cat1

Con

Cheshire.Cat1 forfeited this round.
Kraanwater

Pro

I have nothing to add until Cat provides new arguments or a rebuttal.
Cheshire.Cat1

Con

Cheshire.Cat1 forfeited this round.
Kraanwater

Pro

Cheshire.Cat1

Con

Cheshire.Cat1 forfeited this round.
Kraanwater

Pro

Kraanwater forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by wiploc 3 years ago
wiploc
Cheshire.Cat1KraanwaterTied