Animal rights -rebuttal

If you consider yourself superior to animals, I believe that according to your soundproof logic any being superior to the other has control over them. Your parents have the right to physically, mentally and emotionally abuse you and bullies at schools have the right to do what they do just because they 'consider' themselves superior. If this is what you think then I am truly sorry to say that you are self centered and selfish creature who climbs up by pushing others down or worse,stepping on them.

I thank my opponent for her challenge. I'll begin my opening argument and then go into rebuttals my next round.

Contention 1: Factory Farms= Cheeper and more affordable prices.

The method of factory farming is extremely cheep and more effective than traditionial farming/cageless farming. Take for instance the egg industry. If the egg industry were to switch back to traditionial methods the cost of eggs would increase by a whopping total of 40%!(

"According to the Worldwatch Institute, 74 percent of the world's poultry, 43 percent of beef, and 68 percent of eggs are produced this way." (

You can see from the above statement that a majority of our products are produced at factory farms and this shows how much of a price increase that it would cause from closing down Factory Farms.

It will also take up a total of 580,000 additionial acres for farmers which takes away from their other livestock driving up prices all across the board. People who grow such foods usually place the "Organic label on the food, but those who buy such food are found to pay 20% more then food made by factory farms. Dary products would also suffer a 30% increase under the closing of factory farms. ( The switch is also expected to increase from the average of $6,372 to $8,232 per year. It does not seem like much, but that is a 30% increase for the average family in America. ( The last large jump in dary was in 2011 when the price of milk jumped 30% from $3.30 per gallon to $4.40.

There were experts perdicting that the world would face certain doom and starvation in the 1900s as the world population was growing largely, but due to factory farming and Green Technology the food production has been able to keep pace with the world population. It is said that if it weren't for this technology that we would only have 1/27th of the world's current population. Between 1961-1985, the world's ceral prodcution has more than doubled. (

Not to mention that they get stronger and all the sex they want to reproduce more product and we all, including animals, like sex.

Picture of stronger pigs bellow for humor.

Contention 2: Economic Benefits

Factory farms have many economic benefits, for example, each year they provide the US with a total of 700,000 jobs. ( These jobs are mainly helping people in the rual comminity. Since the factory farms are very reliant on machinery this has caused the increase in other jobs in producing the machinerery of such equipment. (

In 2005, factory farming accounted for 40% of the Global meat production. Meaning that alone, the factory farming had helped support and feed over 2.8 billion people. (

okayimhere forfeited this round.

I was looking forward to my opponent's rebuttal. I will pass out of her respect.

okayimhere forfeited this round.

All points extended.

Please vote Con!
Posted by lannan13 1 year ago
I'll accept Monday.
Vote Placed by tejretics 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.
Vote Placed by Dpowell 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: I voted for con due to pro's forfeiture.