Animal rights

All animals should have the same rights as humans

I would like to thank jcarr01234 for starting this debate. This will be the first debate for both of us here at DDO. I wish him good luck. I hope we can have a good discussion.

The resolution offered to us was 'Animal rights' and Pro commented about animals having the same rights as human beings. I oppose this position and will argue that animals should not have the same rights as human beings.

My opponent as Pro accepts most of the burden of proof in this debate. To fulfill his burden he must show us why animals should have the same rights as humans. He also needs to show us why animals are to be considered as equal to human beings.

My burden of proof is much less. I need to break down Pros argument and at the same time provide reasons why animals should not have the same rights as human beings.

Since my opponent did not make an argument last round, I will make this round brief and give the debate structure.

In the following rounds I will offer up three contentions against my opponent's stance. 1c) Animals are not equal to human beings, 2c) Animals already have protection rights, & 3c) Giving animals the same rights as human beings causes more problems then it helps.

1) Any forfeited rounds by either debater will result in conduct and argument points.

2) All sources must be posted in the debate or the comment section.

3) No trolling or semantics.

1) Round one is for acceptance

2) Opening arguments and no rebuttals.

3) No new arguments. Final rebuttals and conclusions.

Back to Pro.

i will like to argue that non-humans need same rights as humans , is because animals show similar charactertics same as humans, like for instance it has been recently scientifically proven that some of the most basic instincts of non-humans , or animals include safety,food,and fear. Human nature is directly similar to non-human instincts.

And answering to the commit of my opponent stating ,that animals already have rights. Yes they do but there is not enough for protection in states to protect animals, like for instance if you would kill a animal you would only get 3 yrs in prison but you kill a human you would get life in prison , what is the difference between killing a animal, or human? shouldn't there be equal limited prosecution for both sides.

EliAchphet forfeited this round.

jcarr01234 forfeited this round.

EliAchphet forfeited this round.
Posted by zezima 3 years ago
no they should not have the same rights as humans. it would be bias towards us. if we do this, we might as well make it illegal for a lion to kill a zebra