Easan
HeavenlyPanda

Animal testing should be banned

Easan has forfeited round #4.

Easan

Pro

Hello. I would like to thank you for accepting my challenge. I will not be saying anything in the first round and will await your notice that you will be contesting. Thnaks and may the best man win.
HeavenlyPanda

Con

I accept the challenge. Good Luck.
Easan

Pro

HeavenlyPanda

Con

Animal testing should be banned. And then we should start testing on who? Humans? Like any human would allow that. Obviously those who disagree with animal testing don't like the fact that animals are being tested on but they have completely disregarded the fact that human lives have been saved by testing on animals. Who else are we suppose to test on? Other humans? It comes down to three choices, we either stop animal testing and medical science slows down by a long shot, we stop animal testing and start testing on humans which would probably speed up medical science, or finally we just stick to animal testing. There are no cons to humans when it comes to animal testing unless you're extremely obsessed with good morales.

Firstly animal testing has aided in the process of finding cures. If there was no animal testing, medicine as we know today would not be the same. Even the simplest things like a cut could have killed you if it weren't for animal testing. Animal testing has played a role in every major medical advance in the last century. Take that away and imagine how slow our medical advances would be. Many would die before we even found a cure. Is that really worth saving a couple of animals. Insulin was discovered by the use of animal testing. Without it, many people with diabetes would be in trouble.

More than 80% of animals tested are mice an other rodents. 0.15% of animals tested are monkeys. Is a rodents life really worth more than the hundreds of thousands of human lives that it could save?

http://www.pro-test.org.uk...
Easan

Pro

I thank my esteemed opponent for her quick reply. Before I begin on my rebuttals and substantive, let me start with showing you how I will convince you that Animal testing should be banned. I will prove to you that animal testing is inhumane and ineffective, and whatever my opponent will have you believe, The disadvantages outweigh the benefits. Now, I will start with my rebuttals.
My opponent has said that there is no other way to experiment to aid in Scientific breakthroughs, and said that animal testing have 'no cons to humans'. However, there are other more accurate, cheaper and faster methods compared to animal testing. I will touch on these alternatives in the later rounds. She also mentioned that animal testing has no cons to humans. However, According to Cruelty Free International, out of 93 dangerous drug side effects, only 19% could have been predicted by animal tests. Hence, it shows that it may pose danger to humans. I will cover examples of such consequences later on in my points.
Now, for my substantives.
1. The human anatomy and body structures differ greatly from animals. This could cause erroneous information to be obtained when we apply animal diseases to human diseases and drug responses.
2. Animal testing is ineffective. due to time constraints, I will continue my arguments in the next Rd.
HeavenlyPanda

Con

Firstly I never said that animal testing was the only way. I said it was linked to most of the great medical science breakthroughs of the last century. Then my opponent goes on to say the same old "it's inhuman and not effective" point that everyone says about this.

So how about we test on humans? That will be inhumane but the thing that mainly matters is that it will be 100% effective. Or we don't test on anything and our medical science research goes at a snails pace. This two options are what my opponent suggests. Yes animals and humans are not the same. You really think that the scientists aren't aware of this? Animals are substitutions for humans. Better to test on a rodent that a human right? Mice are considered the best test subjects because they have 99% similar human genes in them.

Then my opponent goes on to say that animal testing is not accurate. Well that's kind of the point of testing. They test until they get it as accurate as possible. If they tested on humans it would be accurate but so far nobody's signed up to be tested on. Not testing on animals will slow down the advances of medical science research.
Posted by DealySon 1 day ago
DealySon
liar
Posted by TheBenC 4 months ago
TheBenC
I have a cure for every cancer that exists but I have no idea about the side effects. I only know it cures 100% of cancer. It might make you blind or impotent or completely insane.

Sure it is slightly cruel to test stuff on animals but would it not be worth it? Should we ignore the cure for cancer just because we want to be humane to a few animals? Should we test on humans instead of animals?

Testing on animals is the best and only solution. F**k the monkeys, let's save human lives!
Posted by Easan 4 months ago
Easan
I accidentally posted the same thing again. sry...
Posted by Easan 4 months ago
Easan
Thanks for accepting challenge
Posted by Easan 4 months ago
Easan
Hi guys hopefully el sky wizard decides to accept my challenge despite him being a random person I happened to find.