ImSomebody
jakoplant1

Animal testing should be banned

ImSomebody

Pro

Rules

1. I will argue in favor of the resolution that animal testing should indeed, be banned.

2. First round for acceptance ONLY!

3. No plagiarism.

Failure to follow these rules will result in a 7-point forfeiture.
jakoplant1

Con

I would like to start with something to ponder throughout the entire debate; which is more valuable, the life of a human being, or that of an animal such as a primate or mouse. I would also like to clarify that I am against animal testing in the cosmetic industry, and that I am arguing for the biomedical field.

I myself have worked in a lab setting (primarily as an intern during my summers as a med student) and can say first hand that the use of animals in testing medical and biomedical inventions is critical to the forward motion of the biomedical field. But don't take my word for it, a poll conducted by the science journal Natura in 2011 of 1,000 biomedical scientists found that "more than 90% agreed that the use of animals in research is essential."

The cost animal life is absolutely justified in the thousands of human lives that could be saved with the knowledge gained from animal testing.

Source(s):
http://www.prnewswire.com...
ImSomebody

Pro

Mmm.. I guess we are arguing the same cause here. I am against testing for the cosmetical industry, and for biomedical field.
jakoplant1

Con

Too bad, I was looking forward to the debate. In the future, you might want to specify more.
ImSomebody

Pro

I know. I apologize. I declare a tie!
jakoplant1

Con

jakoplant1 forfeited this round.
ImSomebody

Pro

ImSomebody forfeited this round.
jakoplant1

Con

jakoplant1 forfeited this round.
Posted by ImSomebody 2 years ago
ImSomebody
kbub, he attacked a common type of animal testing, but that doesn't mean that is what I referred to. I didn't say "entirely" either.
Posted by kbub 2 years ago
kbub
Pro only specified "animal testing." Con attacked (successfully) a common type of animal testing.

If Pro wanted to talk only about cosmetic testing then Pro should have made that the subject of the debate. Con attacked that "animal testing should be banned." Con wins.
Posted by ImSomebody 2 years ago
ImSomebody
How so? We were both arguing the same cause. He just didn't understand what type of animal testing I argued against.
Posted by kbub 2 years ago
kbub
Guess Con wins...