derDepperte
Nathaniel2840

Animal testing should be banned

Nathaniel2840

derDepperte

Con

I, the contender, shall prove my case that you shouldn't ban animal testing.

My first statement will be the definition of animal testing if you didn't know.
Animal testing Is basically a system in which major companies test their products on different types of animal species. Many people have been against this statement, such as a girl who died in the process of protecting an endangered species.

But, if we banned animal testing, we would have to test it on plants or humans! Imagine someone saying, "Hey! It works! This mushroom is reacting to this medical operation!

These arguments prove the declaration of how animal testing should be banned."
Nathaniel2840

Pro

First off, I look forward to this debate and thank my opponent for creating it.

First, I would like to start with some statistics.
According to CIA world factbook 2012, 100 million animals are burned, crippled, and killed in labs every year. Why would that be right to continue doing? Also, according to the same source several cosmetic tests commonly performed on mice, rats, rabbits, and guinea pigs include:

skin and eye irritation tests where chemicals are rubbed on shaved skin or dripped into the eyes without any pain relief.

repeated force-feeding studies that last weeks or months, to look for signs of general illness or specific health hazards.

widely condemned "lethal dose" tests, where animals are forced to swallow large amounts of a test chemical to determine what dose causes death.

So now that we know the destruction of Animal testing, let us explain why it would not effect our environment.

First, a great many companies are advertising "no animal testing." This seems to be something that is growing larger and larger due to the drive to save animal's lives. In addition, scientists are creating molecular compound breakdown devices that can predict the result of a drug without testing it on a living thing. This is done by examining the structure of a molecule and the effect it has on the cosmos. This technology will continue to increase and animal testing will become less necessary.

So the plan I am proposing is this: By one years time, animal testing will become illegal to where no IPA drugs or medicines are tested on animals.

One years time will be plenty of time to break our reliability on animal testing. The murdering of animals is something that must be stopped, which is why it should be banned.

Thank you
derDepperte

Con

I love the format and arguments of your debate, thus making me giving you the win on this one. You should become a lawyer. :)
Nathaniel2840

Pro

I appreciate your compliments

If you want, I can friend you and maybe give you some advice

(And btw I am a professional debater, I do it for a living)
derDepperte

Con

derDepperte forfeited this round.
Nathaniel2840

Pro

Since my opponent has forfeited, I will repeat my argument. Killing animals in the ways that they are killed is cruel. Naturally, we would want to stop this situation. Because of the rapid growth of no animal testing products, it should take no longer than one year. Thus, because it is practical to stop this we should. Please vote con.
Posted by gorant 2 years ago
gorant
Excellent explanation by Nathaniel2840 towards animal testing. It would have read by scientists then they would have change their mind towards animal testing.

Every one is eaqual on this earth. Then why should we test on those innocent animals ( Innocents means animals. )? It shouldn't be tested on animals no more. We should bring a revoultion towards this from animal side. since they can't speak like us.

Even i want to vote to Nathaniel2840.......... But voting period got ended. Bad luck. Eagerly waiting for your next debate on animals rights to utilise my vote.
Posted by Nathaniel2840 2 years ago
Nathaniel2840
I agree
Posted by Taylur 2 years ago
Taylur
I agree that animal testing is a necessary evil. I place human life above any other living creature, which I know is not a perfectly moral high-ground, but is my firm belief nonetheless.

[myself and my family] > [friends] > [other human beings] > [animals].

I am, however, against animal testing for arbitrary reasons, e.g. cosmestics, which serve as nothing else than a vanity product.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
derDepperteNathaniel2840Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con concedes without making a sufficient argument, whilst Pro does completely the opposite.