TheAvenger333
adom321

Animals should not be used in circuses.

TheAvenger333

TheAvenger333

Pro

The use of animals in circuses should be banned. I say this because we don"t realize what the animals actually go through. They are treated with merciless physical punishment such as being beat or whipped and are in chains or locked up for most of their life when they are not performing.

In all animal circuses, animals such as lions, tigers and elephants, are physically forced to do ridiculous tricks that they don"t understand. Physical punishment is used as a training method. The animals are brutally beaten and whipped, shocked with electrical prods and in some cases have their teeth and claws removed.
Tigers are naturally afraid of fire but never the less, are still made to jump through fiery hoops and have been burnt while doing so. Animals are not made for the circus and should not be made to live under these extremely harsh conditions.
adom321

Con

I do not believe that animals should be in the circus at all. They belong out in the wild not caged up and on trains traveling place to place. The training is also in humane. The lions and tigers get hit with whips and do not belong to live in small cages. Animals fear the trainers they are wild animals and are unpredictable. It isn't fair to them. I say we just ban circuses in general the animals don't deserve it. If someone wants to go see animals go to a zoo. At least they don't get beat for no reason and have friends.
TheAvenger333

Pro

96% of a circus animal"s life is spent locked up in cages and chains. They can stay like that for up to 26 hours straight. This is not fair. Staying in confined spaces like this can be the cause of foot infections and arthritis also leading to the death of many circus animals. In July 2004, a lion named Clyde was travelling with a circus across a desert where the temperatures reached up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Clyde died in a poorly ventilated boxcar. The circus life is just not meant for animals.
adom321

Con

adom321 forfeited this round.
TheAvenger333

Pro

Animals deserve to be treated with respect. Not confined in small spaces or tortured with whips and sharp objects.
It"s not unlikely that animals used in circuses can break loose . This is often caused by extremities of abuse that they can't take any more, so they snap and harm a lot of people who happen to get in the way. The circus is a place for acrobats, clowns and magicians. Not animals. They've had enough of this cruel, punishing life and just want to live how they should, which is not as a circus clown. It is in the wild where they are properly taken care of and have everything they need.
Face it guys, the circus just isn't meant for animals.
adom321

Con

adom321 forfeited this round.
Posted by TheAvenger333 2 years ago
TheAvenger333
Yes he has
Posted by cathaystewie 2 years ago
cathaystewie
I believe that adom321 has misinterpreted his/her stance, which is to justify animal presence in circuses.
Posted by cathaystewie 2 years ago
cathaystewie
Posted by cathaystewie 2 years ago
cathaystewie
Posted by awesomealex444 2 years ago
awesomealex444
I would debate you if you change the criteria
Posted by Schuman8rr 2 years ago
Schuman8rr
I would love to accept this debate if you change the criteria.
Posted by shaduwarsenaal 2 years ago
shaduwarsenaal
I would accept, but apparently I do not meet the criteria.
Posted by shaduwarsenaal 2 years ago
shaduwarsenaal
I would accept, but apparently I do not meat the criteria.
Posted by Himans45 2 years ago
Himans45
Let me take this, although I feel like you'll just forfeit.
Posted by cathaystewie 2 years ago
cathaystewie
I would like to accept this
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 2 years ago
Midnight1131
TheAvenger333adom321Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeits by Con in the last 2 rounds, so conduct to Pro. Pro also gave arguments in these last few rounds, and since Con forfeited them, these remained standing throughout the debate. Also, Con chose the wrong side for this debate, and they were arguing for the same side as Pro.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
TheAvenger333adom321Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Ff