BoggleBros37
debatesRfun

Anime Characters are more powerful than Cartoon Characters

BoggleBros37

Pro

Anime characters (Japanese cartoons) would definitely win against regular American cartoon characters if there was to be a war between the two. Characters like Spiderman, Superman, Batman and other cartoon characters going up against Luffy, Naruto, Goku and other anime characters
debatesRfun

Con

Anime characters are not as powerful as other cartoon characters because cartoon characters are many types of art rather than one. This means that they can use many different forums of expression where as anime characters are restricted to there own art. I will not argue that they have many detailed expressions but other cartoon characters could produce much more.
I am watching cartoons in the background currently. None of them anime.
Also I would like to refute that spiderman and batman ect. are not always drawn in anime.
Also this this my first debate hope it goes well.
BoggleBros37

Pro

In terms of strength, anime characters are much more stronger, creative and better than regular cartoons. Their abilities range from being able to predict movements, traveling through different dimensions and immortality. There's an anime for everyone to watch, some are for kids, some for teens and there's even some for adults (one's that carry a lot of violent and graphic scenes). Unlike cartoon, anime's actually have a story they go by whereas when cartoon characters die in one episode they come back alive the next episode as if nothing happened.

Characters in anime are perfectly designed and are assigned with so much awesome abilities.There many good cartoon characters but majority of them are pathetic in battles and cartoons always seem to be based around "The good guys" and always try to send out this "Good guys will never lose" message which is pathetic and very un-realistic.

In anime you actually get to grow up with the character as the character ACTUALLY AGES whereas cartoon characters stay the exact some age for the entire series. Anime has greater stories, all episodes are connected and they will lead you from the beginning of the story to the end unlike Cartoons where most episodes aren't connected and doesn't really make sense. Anime is filled with different emotions making you love them even more sometimes the viewer is emotionally connected with the character making it 1000 times better...

IN CONCLUSION!!!
I think that cartoons stand no change against anime. If there was to be a war where the two kinds fight I KNOW that cartoon characters will be in pieces within minutes(or maybe even seconds).

[SOURCES]
http://www.thetoptens.com...
http://www.diffen.com...
debatesRfun

Con

If there was a war between them I think that one, anime characters would be greatly outnumbered and two, cartoon characters would win because anime although is slightly more realistic they would not have a specific important recourse. This is a power I believe only found in cartoon characters but NOT anime. The ability to create things by drawing them. I saw this in an episode of loony toons once and also other cartoons to which I forget the name (I don't have a great memory). This power allows them to draw anything they wish and make it real (in the cartoon). Anime are as you have said more realistic and therefore would not have this ability.
Also in refutes I would like to mention that yes only anime grow old but because of this anime characters will die whilst cartoon characters will live on, not giving children the heartbreak of their favourite character's death.
This is why I firmly believe that cartoon characters are more powerful than than anime characters.
Thanks for reading this if you did and hope you agree.
BoggleBros37

Pro

In numbers, Anime would definitely win. A new anime comes out every season while new cartoons come out every year also you don't specify how cartoon characters would win, if you think that they would only win because of numbers then you should really start watching an to see the kind of power they have. Cartoon characters are very weak with limited abilities. I 100% believe that one character from Dragon Ball Z or Naruto would wreak havoc on the marvel/DC world. Naruto has the power to form 1000 solid shadow clones as well as summoning giant demon foxes and toads while Freiza from Dragon Ball Z could destroy entire planets at will meaning HE himself could destroy the every single cartoon character. I hope this is enough to prove you wrong.

[SOURCES]
http://dragonball.wikia.com...!
http://naruto.wikia.com...
debatesRfun

Con

I find your last points valid but there is something important you are forgetting. As you have already stated yourself, cartoon characters don't die whilst anime do. Also that bit you mentioned about destroying planets, I have already made an earlier point about drawing things to make them real. This means that not only could they create MILLIONS of clones too but also recreate their planets or even heal wounds by re-drawing themselves if they ever got wounds (when in cartoons they do get wounds and are magically better in the next scene I think this is how they do it).
Secondly I would like to make this final refute. Cartoon characters include all the cartoon characters around the world, most of which I haven't even heard of. So please don't make assumptions on the cartoons we know; there are more around the world.
Finally I would like to thank boglebros for this enjoyable debate and hope that I have managed to convince someone that cartoon characters are more powerful that anime characters. Thanks for reading.
Posted by debatesRfun 8 months ago
debatesRfun
Wish you luck. (hopefully neither of us need it)
Posted by BoggleBros37 8 months ago
BoggleBros37
not really, all new episodes are of a new topic but lets not continue the debate here lol
Posted by debatesRfun 8 months ago
debatesRfun
In my debate I forgot to refute that cartoon episodes are actually connected but the channels never play them in the right order.