onechain
CosmoJarvis

Anime is Trash and Should be Banned

onechain has forfeited round #3.
Started: 12/12/2016 Category: TV
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

onechain

Pro

Anime is poison to children's minds and it creates a fake world for them to live in. Anime introduces pornographic material at a young age and has very graphic and violent scenes. This carries over into adulthood and creates these lazy, nasty, hideous slobs that were once your children that now sleep with an anime body pillow at night and read mangas at least 10 times a day. Anime also consumes your soul and wastes time that could be used to go outside, get 60 minutes of fresh air, do homework and contribute something to society. The people who watch anime are not the problem, anime is. Anime is the root of all problems, cancer, war, Africa, and the Nazis. Since people watch anime on the TV so much, it uses electricity and is the reason why the oil reserves will run out soon. Anime causes cancer because it has been proven TV screens emit radiation and radiation causes cancer. Anime has caused war by inspiring the Nazis to side with the Japanese through their cartoons and establishing the Pacific Front in World War 2. African leaders in Africa are corrupted by anime influences and they cannot tend to their peoples needs and cannot feed them. Future generations will be ruined and destroyed by anime influence. Everyone thinks the downfall of humanity will be ourselves, but in reality it is anime. After the atomic radiation, the Japanese wanted to get their revenge on the world and created their ultimate weapon, anime.
CosmoJarvis

Con

yo dude waddup im here with my anime body pillow and weaboo fanfics and im ready to debate about anime
onechain

Pro

Anime is a breeding ground for the wicked and sick. Nothing good has come out of it and never will. Anime has contributed nothing to our society and it is a waste of electricity and time. Anime has no educational value and it does not teach language skills. You could instead go to a class and learn anime the real way instead of through a television and that way you could be more social. In 1997, about 700 Japanese people experienced epileptic seizures and went to the hospital from an episode of Pokemon. There was a scene with lots of flashes and bright lights, but anime tends to have lots of this and poses a serious health risk. There is nothing entertaining about it. Anime stole their ideas from American cartoons like cartoon network and nickelodeon and corrupted it. Their animation style is crude, raunchy, and putrid. No effort is put into them and they are churned out to make money. Little girls and sexual material on the TV has no place in media and it disgusts me to see families sit down at the TV and watch it together. Anime is creating sexual atmospheres and promoting pornography, as I stated before. Anime is a way for the Japanese to ruin future American generations and get their revenge from the atomic bombings. The cartoon is slowly disintegrating our beautiful, brave, free society and we need to do something about it and soon, it will be the entire world. Just like cancer, anime grows slowly over time and it will take over and kill us off from the inside. Our money is being stolen by the Japanese anime industry and it is being put into our eventual extinction. By creating body pillows and mangas, they are selling their products to the world and poor souls are giving in and funding the secret agenda of the Japanese government.
CosmoJarvis

Con

"Anime has no educational value..."
Television shows, such as anime, shouldn't have to have an educational value. Even some kids' shows don't have to be educational. I never found Spongebob, during my childhood, to be educational to me. But I'm not going to say that all anime is not educational. There are some anime cartoons and movies such as "When Marnie Was There," which teaches people about self-acceptance.

"In 1997, about 700 Japanese people experienced epileptic seizures and went to the hospital from an episode of Pokemon. There was a scene with lots of flashes and bright lights..."
I don't believe that this entirely connects to all animes. I think it just relates to the importance of seizure warnings.

"Their animation style is crude, raunchy, and putrid. No effort is put into them and they are churned out to make money."
I believe that is simply your opinion. Though I could agree with this for a lot of anime shows, it does not apply for all of them, and this is not a good reason to ban anime.

"Little girls and sexual material on the TV has no place in media and it disgusts me to see families sit down at the TV and watch it together. Anime is creating sexual atmospheres and promoting pornography, as I stated before."
I also believe that there are some extremely outrageous things in anime, but to say that all anime is sexual and inappropriate is very untrue. Yes, there are shows which are completely based off of perversion, and others that add small inappropriate references, and even animes that are a huge spoof about how big fanservice is in anime, such as Kill La Kill. However, I still believe that your claim for how all animes are inappropriate and sexual is a lie.

"Anime is a way for the Japanese to ruin future American generations and get their revenge from the atomic bombings."
With all due respect, I do not believe that anime is a huge scheme made to corrupt the future generations of Americans so that Japan can rule over America. Like maybe it is. That'd suck.

I believe that you lack the proper argument to explain why anime should be banned. Anime is a genre with a range of different types of shows and such. Some anime shows are appropriate for children such as those Studio Ghibli movies, like Spirited Away.
Posted by hedgiehuffles 4 months ago
hedgiehuffles
I'm happy agree that anime is complete garbage
Posted by CosmoJarvis 1 year ago
CosmoJarvis
Too bad. I'm going for the body pillow argument.
Posted by David_Debates 1 year ago
David_Debates
Con should have gone with freedom of speech. The obvious argument. Don't go with the body pillow argument...
Posted by ninjamaddness 1 year ago
ninjamaddness
I hate anime just as much as I hate blacks
Posted by preachertaylor 1 year ago
preachertaylor
I find this debate racist.
Posted by ca2005 1 year ago
ca2005
Finally someone who also thinks anime is trash!