Mixer
BellumQuodPacis

Annbella is an awful debater

Mixer

Pro

I thank whoever has the grapes to accept this debate.
Definitions

Annbella: Debater known on DDO as Annbella: http://www.debate.org...
Awful: Extremely bad; unpleasant http://dictionary.reference.com...

I will begin my arguments in round two. My opponent can follow suit or they can start in round one. It does not matter to me.

Best of luck
BellumQuodPacis

Con

I first off must thank my opponent, Mixer, for allowing me to take this debate, and I wish my opponent the best of luck in round 2.

For now, I accept the definitons and terms my opponent has offered.

I now await my opponents first argument.
Mixer

Pro

I thank my opponent for his quick reply.

"For now, I accept the definitions and terms my opponent has offered."

I have set the definitions in the first round. They will not change. You have not just accepted them "for now", but rather for the duration of the debate.

Now, on to my argument.

I will be trying to affirm the resolution "Annbella is an awful debater".

Point 1
Annbella's grammar and spelling is atrocious. During her seven debates, she has made numerous spelling and grammatical errors.
"I don't know, what I should debate about!!!!! I'm in school and i have to do beside just sit here!!!" http://www.debate.org...
In her first sentence, she adds a comma where it is clearly not needed, and uses excessive punctuation marks. In her second sentence, she does not make sense (or according to her, since) and again uses excessive punctuation marks.

"I didn't say that i want the name of the debate that i was saying that i should have had as something like that and i am against it because it is stupid to say that your kid is in a balloon when there is someone out that caould use the help of a cop or something!!!!"
http://www.debate.org...

Another example of an incomprehensible argument full of errors.

If Con would like me to provide more errors, i would be glad to provide them.

Point 2
Annbella's argumentation is very weak and/or forfeited.
You can either use the sources above, as "hey" has two forfeited rounds and "people these days" is weak argumentation, or i can provide more if Con does not find the evidence sufficient.

Point 3
Annbella does not show proper respect for her opponent.
In zero of her seven debates she has shown any respect for her opponent by thanking them for accepting or for replying.

Point 4
Annbella has won zero debates. She has had multiple opportunities against high ranking opponents and lower ranking opponents, and she has failed to prevail in one single debate.

A brief recap
1. poor spelling and grammar
2. poor argumentation/forfeits
3. lack of respect
4. zero wins

Best of luck
BellumQuodPacis

Con

I thank my opponent for the response and appreciate the actual posting of an argument for once in my debate career.
====================
Refutation
====================
Refutation 1) "Annbella's grammar and spelling is atrocious. During her seven debates, she has made numerous spelling and grammatical errors. "I don't know, what I should debate about!!!!! I'm in school and i have to do beside just sit here!!!""

I can understand why this would be a major point. Her spelling and grammar are completely atrocious. However, this does not have to do with the resolution. In the title, it states "Annbella is an awful debater". The keyword being debater, not grammatical perfectionist. Furthermore, while you may say that spelling and grammar are a necessity to debate on this site, I must disagree. There is no spelling needed in real life debate, nor grammar in some cases. You are referencing online, however you have no knowledge if she debates exrtracurricularly, or even competitively. Using myself as an example. I have lost 1 debate and won 1 debate on this site. This does not reflect on how well I perform in real life.
Evidence 1: http://www.nflonline.org...
As you can see I am highly regarded by the National Forensic League, a well known and prominent debate institution. So while she may debate poorly on this site, she may debate well in real life, which your resolution does not specify.

Refutation 2: "Point 3
In zero of her seven debates she has shown any respect for her opponent by thanking them for accepting or for replying."

As of now you have been doing the exact same thing. You said: ""For now, I accept the definitions and terms my opponent has offered."

I have set the definitions in the first round. They will not change. You have not just accepted them "for now", but rather for the duration of the debate."

I find this rather rude, so what you find disrespectful and what most others find disrespectful are sometimes contrasting and in this case, I believe Annbella was more juvenile than disrespectful.

Refutation 3: "Point 4
Annbella has won zero debates. She has had multiple opportunities against high ranking opponents and lower ranking opponents, and she has failed to prevail in one single debate."

Thats completely fine. As a matter of fact, more than 1/3 of DDO members that are registered have won 0 debates.
http://www.debate.org...
(Top-Right hand corner)

So if you analyze the facts, shes actually doing a better job than most of these people due to the fact that she has attempted more debates than these others and is clearly higher ranked on The Leaderboard.

I thank my opponent for this debate and I look forward to her next argument.
Mixer

Pro

"I can understand why this would be a major point. Her spelling and grammar are completely atrocious. However, this does not have to do with the resolution."

It has everything to do with the resolution.

" Furthermore, while you may say that spelling and grammar are a necessity to debate on this site, I must disagree."

Why would you disagree? On this site, spelling and grammar are an entire category of voting.

"There is no spelling needed in real life debate, nor grammar in some cases."

It is if the debate is happening online, which still is in real life, but my opponent is right. In a spoken debate, spelling is not important. Where my opponent is completely wrong is where he states "nor grammar in some cases." Grammar, whether spoken or typed, is essential for a strong debate. Making coherent sentences makes an argument much stronger, and if you are not using grammar, you are not speaking, which makes it hard to win a debate.

" You are referencing online, however you have no knowledge if she debates exrtracurricularly, or even competitively."

You are correct. I have based my contentions on the information presented to me. If she were to debate extracurricularly or competitively as she does on this site, she would obviously prove my resolution true.

" Using myself as an example. I have lost 1 debate and won 1 debate on this site. This does not reflect on how well I perform in real life.
Evidence 1: http://www.nflonline.org......
As you can see I am highly regarded by the National Forensic League, a well known and prominent debate institution."

I have read your debates, and of my four points, you have only made an example of one of them. You did forfeit one one debate, and that is why you lost. I may add that the rules of the debate were obviously made to be a fun debate, therefore it should not be taken seriously. I will throw that debate out. I am left with one debate which you won. You debated very strongly and argued your points well, so I can see why you are highly regarded. However, this debate is not about you, so all of this information is completely irrelevant.

" So while she may debate poorly on this site, she may debate well in real life, which your resolution does not specify."

All you have proven with your irrelevant information is that a strong debater will debate strongly. Once again I have based my assumption on information provided to me through the only source available: this site.

"As of now you have been doing the exact same thing. You said: ""For now, I accept the definitions and terms my opponent has offered."I have set the definitions in the first round. They will not change. You have not just accepted them "for now", but rather for the duration of the debate."

That is correct. I did say this.

"I find this rather rude, so what you find disrespectful and what most others find disrespectful are sometimes contrasting and in this case,"

If anyone should find this rude, it should be me. I made the rules, and I set the definitions. They are not meant to be changed. When you said "for now" you insinuated that you were possibly going to try to change them. I was clarifying that you were not to change them during the debate. There is a general respectfulness that one must give in a debate. That is why I thank you before every round and wish you luck after I close my arguments.

" I believe Annbella was more juvenile than disrespectful."

What you believe, your opinion, does not matter. Only facts matter. You have provided no information why a 15 year old should not be able to show proper respect.

"So if you analyze the facts, she's actually doing a better job than most of these people due to the fact that she has attempted more debates than these others and is clearly higher ranked on The Leaderboard."

She is not doing a better job. Of those people that she is above, she is in the exact same percentile. She is ranked higher because she has joined more debates. Clearly, failing more times does not make you a better debater, but rather worse.

I must point out that my opponent never said anything about my second point: argumentation. The very basis of a debate is argumentation and without it, you have no debate.

"I thank my opponent for this debate and I look forward to her next argument."
his... not her

I thank my opponent for an interesting debate. We will have to do this again sometime.
Best of luck
BellumQuodPacis

Con

BellumQuodPacis forfeited this round.
Posted by Chrysippus 6 years ago
Chrysippus
Way to vote all sevens for yourselves, while claiming not to be able to vote.
Posted by thatsbalone 7 years ago
thatsbalone
"Honestly, what gives you the right to criticize how people debate? You yourself are an awful debater..." isn't this self-contradictory? Way to go...
Posted by Mixer 7 years ago
Mixer
Once again, I set the definitions in the first round. They were not to change.

"Definitions change throughout the debate here on DDO"
No they don't. If the instigator sets the definitions, that is how they stay. If someone tries to change them, their opponent usually calls them out.

Maybe you should have attacked my credentials during the debate instead of during the comments afterwards. I have not lost all of my debates, and if I get banned from this site, so be it. This site does not dictate my life.
Posted by BellumQuodPacis 7 years ago
BellumQuodPacis
1) "I have set the definitions in the first round. They will not change. You have not just accepted them "for now", but rather for the duration of the debate."

Definitions change throughout the debate here on DDO. So to say that was very rude.

2) Look at the title of this debate: Annbella is an awful debater.

Honestly, what gives you the right to criticize how people debate? You yourself are an awful debater, you've lost all your debates. If anything, you could get banned for even instigating this debate, and you sure are lucky you didn't.
Posted by Mixer 7 years ago
Mixer
I do not vote on my own debates, but here is how i would have voted:
Conduct : either tied or in my favor. I would like you to point out where i was rude multiple times during the debate
Spelling/Grammar: Tied. about the same
Argumentation: Clearly me. as you did not refute all of my points, and you forfeited a round, you clearly lost on argumentation
Sources: Me again. Your one real source was irrelevant, and your other source was misleading.

That gives you a total of 0 points. It is not mean to point out a fact
Posted by BellumQuodPacis 7 years ago
BellumQuodPacis
Listen, sometimes this happens. I can't vote because I'm not confirmed. But saying I don't deserve a point is just mean and I hope you realize that. You were rude to me multiple times during the debate which doesn't fly here. Maybe that's why..
Posted by Mixer 7 years ago
Mixer
i hope you guys are not being serious... he doesn't deserve a point
Vote Placed by Chrysippus 6 years ago
Chrysippus
MixerBellumQuodPacisTied
Vote Placed by Marauder 6 years ago
Marauder
MixerBellumQuodPacisTied
Vote Placed by innomen 6 years ago
innomen
MixerBellumQuodPacisTied
Vote Placed by m93samman 6 years ago
m93samman
MixerBellumQuodPacisTied
Vote Placed by Blank 6 years ago
MixerBellumQuodPacisTied
Vote Placed by Mixer 6 years ago
Mixer
MixerBellumQuodPacisTied
Vote Placed by AlecJohnson 6 years ago
AlecJohnson
MixerBellumQuodPacisTied
Vote Placed by headphonegut 6 years ago
headphonegut
MixerBellumQuodPacisTied
Vote Placed by thatsbalone 7 years ago
thatsbalone
MixerBellumQuodPacisTied
Vote Placed by BellumQuodPacis 7 years ago
BellumQuodPacis
MixerBellumQuodPacisTied