Adrian_Felix
Eick

Anne Coulter is a Neo-Nazi.

Adrian_Felix

Pro

Isn't it obvious? She hates gays, Jews, Catholics and anyone that isn't as "Pure" as her. Her arguments are crappy, and she needs mental help as quickly as possible. She has no merit and people only buy her book to laugh at her.
Eick

Con

Sorry, but that's just bad rhetoric. Saying Anne Coulter is a Neo-Nazi because she hates the Left and several other groups doesn't make her one in just the same way Hillary Clinton's support for universal health care doesn't make her a communist. Unless you can show me a picture (an actual picture) of Anne Coulter at a Nazi Rally with an SS armband than you really have little ground other than speculation and opinion to stand on.
Adrian_Felix

Pro

It's not bad rhetoric if it's the truth. If Hillary Clinton supports Universal Health Care, that doesn't make her a communist, it makes her a socialist, which doesn't even come close to communism. Debates are formatted on opinion, so they all count. Let me tell you why she is a Nazi.

1. She talks about and promotes hate, anger and violence.

2. She wishes to "Purify" the Jews...hmmm sounds like a Holocaust eh?

3. She hates Catholics

4. She hates Gays

5. She gains money and power through hatred.

6. She writes books about how to hate, and why we should.

7. She is blonde, and blue eyed, and can barely speak english. I'm talking about her horrible voice. Hehe

I shouldn't have to give you a pic, because maybe she is an undercover Nazi, who, if she presented herself that way, might be killed. Her way of presentation, and her lack of passion are all signs of a Neo-Nazi.
Eick

Con

Sir, you bite your own argumentation on hate. You obviosuly show your immesnse dislike for Ms. Coulter by comparing her to one of the sickest evils to ever crawl from the black pit of humanity. However, I will humor you. Just because one shows hate does not make them a Nazi. For example, the KKK is not the Nazi Party. Yes, they do have similr beliefs, but truly to be a Nazi you have to uphold a fascist belief. Ms. Coulter, while in my opinion a biggot, does not match this charcteristic required to be a fascist. She is very much a supporter of the American ideal of a Republic. My next point here is on groupswho hate Jews who would never be considered pure by the Nazi's, and in fact were merely used by Adolph Hitler as convientent allies. Islamic extremists call for, much as Hitler did, the erradication of the Jewish race. However, they are not Nazi's. They are radical, Muslim terrorists. Other groups like Cryps and Bloods promote and demonstrate hate for one another. This does not make them Nazi's. I can brng up countless other examples of deep passionate hatred between ethnic, social, and political groups, however, I think these will suffice for now. The Nazi party, the true Nazi party, i not about simply hatetred. The bigotry is used as a political scapegoat in order to achieve power. See as how Anne Coulter has no strive to do anything more than write books and bash the Left I can once again assert that your claim is purely founded on opinion, and opinion sir is NOT a jutifiable argument in debate. Opinion typically, is dervided from one's pathos, or emotions. Aristotle, the father of debate, rhetoric, and argumentation, insists pathos be avoided greatly because they don't demonstrate truth, they merely appeal to a demographic's feelings, not their ethos or logos, ethics or logic, which is what debate is and should be about.

Finally on your point about Anne's blonde hair ad blue eyes. This is not a qualifier to be a Nazi. One, I know many blonde, blue eyed people who would shrink at the thought of ever causing harm to anyone based on racial bigotry. Second, Adolph Hitler, the father of the Nazi party, merely used it as a rallying point and general description for his Aryan race, which is funny because Hitler was Austrian and the Aryan's hail from the MiddleEast. Unless you are going to respond with actual, fact based evidence, I would suggest not responding to this because opinions only matter in debatewhen you have the evidence to support them.
Adrian_Felix

Pro

Adrian_Felix forfeited this round.
Eick

Con

Eick forfeited this round.
Posted by artC 9 years ago
artC
No I wasn't talking to you. I was just kind of talking in general.

That Dick Cheney comment was funny.

Even though we may disagree on politics and Ron Paul, we agree on one thing at least, and that's that the extreme left is just as bad as the extreme right.
Posted by clsmooth 9 years ago
clsmooth
Are you talking to me? If so, I think Ann Coulter is a fascist, anti-capitalist warmonger. But a "neo-Nazi?" No. I'm not "arguing for her" anymore than I would be arguing for Dick Cheney if I said, "Dick Cheney is not a child molester."

Also, I think it is telling of the arrogance and hubris of the Neocons. They openly embrace people like her, Limbaugh, Michelle Malkin, etc. The Left distances itself from far less contentious figures, like Al Franken.

Hmmm... They all have the same position on the Federal Reserve. Distracted much?
Posted by artC 9 years ago
artC
Why woudld you ever argue for Ann Coulter? I mean I don't think she's a neo-nazi... yet, but she is still a horrible person. She doesn't even represent the right fairly anymore, she pretty much just hates everyone at this point.
Posted by clsmooth 9 years ago
clsmooth
Pro made the case that Ann Coulter is a despicable person, a "true" conservative in the earliest sense of the word. But that still doesn't make her a "neo-Nazi." Gotta give it to Con.
Posted by A-ThiestSocialist 9 years ago
A-ThiestSocialist
Neither debaters seem to have a grasp of Communism, Socialism, Fascism or Nazism.
Posted by Adrian_Felix 9 years ago
Adrian_Felix
I'm sorry, I don't consider women that lost their husbands in 9.11 that are glad to have lost their husbands a valid argument or even half. She claimed that in her book. So no, she is not a great person, she is a Neo-Nazi.
Posted by Conspicuous_Conservative 9 years ago
Conspicuous_Conservative
I am very conservative and I wouldn't classify herself as a neo-nazi but I feel that she only makes those ridiculous comments because the spineless wimps of the republican party egg her on, because she says the disparaging things they all want to say. Her arguments are half valid when she is talking about radical left wing people but she is out their on the fringes of the right. She only hates liberal Jews of America, it seems that she hates Catholics but she is simply stereotyping Catholics as Gay pedophiles, all she is a rude person who says outrageous stuff to sell books. Those people that buy to laugh whatever the reason they buy she is a best seller and it doesn't help.
Vote Placed by Lacan 9 years ago
Lacan
Adrian_FelixEickTied
Vote Placed by RepublicanView333 9 years ago
RepublicanView333
Adrian_FelixEickTied
Vote Placed by Adrian_Felix 9 years ago
Adrian_Felix
Adrian_FelixEickTied
Vote Placed by clsmooth 9 years ago
clsmooth
Adrian_FelixEickTied
Vote Placed by jwebb893 9 years ago
jwebb893
Adrian_FelixEickTied
Vote Placed by JoshNicols 9 years ago
JoshNicols
Adrian_FelixEickTied
Vote Placed by VRWC10 9 years ago
VRWC10
Adrian_FelixEickTied
Vote Placed by Karoz 9 years ago
Karoz
Adrian_FelixEickTied
Vote Placed by schoolglutton 9 years ago
schoolglutton
Adrian_FelixEickTied