Adilya
mbirnholz

Anonymity on the Internet

Adilya

Con

Anonymity on the Internet should be regulate because we do not know what people sitting in front of computer maybe they criminals and use anonymity for own profit like to take money by stealing, kidnapping, searching for children or want to go against the government.
mbirnholz

Pro

1. Impedes on our rights, the government has no reason to regulate us further.
2. See Number 4 of the rebuttal.

Rebuttal:
1. Do you not realize you are anonymous? The only thing on your profile is your first name. I hope you do not plan to kidnap me.
2. There is no such thing as true internet anonymity. The police can trace basically anything you do back to you. Therefore, "stealing" (fraud might be a better term) over the internet isn't a major enough issue for the government to start regulating more of our rights.
3. You cannot kidnap via the internet. I don't think this magical portal works that way. This is more of the impact of your next point.
4. Enacting the resolution to stop the search for children is a double edged sword. While it would reveal the stalker's identity, it gives up the children's right to remain anonymous. This means that children would actually be easier to find.
5. "Going against the government" is not illegal. It is protected under constitutional amendment one (freedom to assemble, right to free speech, and to petition the government) and amendment two (allowing the people to maintain a militia).
Adilya

Con

Adilya forfeited this round.
mbirnholz

Pro

Can someone explain to me why I have to post an argument when my opponent forfeited.