tulle
Buckethead31594

Another Singing Contest!

Started: 2/10/2014 Category: Music

tulle

Pro

Yes, another singing contest! Each round, we will each post a video or audio of ourselves singing a song. Same idea as this debate pretty much: http://www.debate.org...

Good luck to my opponent---I very much look forward to hearing more from you :)

For my first round, I'm singing The Moon Song from the movie Her. Please excuse the awkward shifting of the video, I was doing it on my phone.
Buckethead31594

Con

I thank my opponent for the beautiful song! My opponent has demonstrated that she is very talented, so this will be quite a challenge. I also wish my opponent the best of luck; may this be a fun competition!

For my first round, I am singing "Bridge Over Troubled Water," by Simon and Garfunkel. I have always loved this song, ever since I was young:

http://bit.ly...

I absolutely love the app, Yokee. It's great because there are a ton of karaoke videos on youtube to sing along with! With that said, it's best if these songs are listened to on the computer. You will need to download the app (which is free) if you choose to listen on an iPhone.

Thank you!

tulle

Pro

I'd like to thank my opponent for accepting this challenge and also extend my appreciation for his talent!

Here is my rendition of Hypnotize by the White Stripes. The instrumental was played by another Youtube user; link to his video in the description box of my video.
Buckethead31594

Con

Another beautiful round! For this round, I will be singing "Music of the Night" from the musical, The Phantom of the Opera:

http://bit.ly...

I would encourage anyone who is listening to turn the volume down on the player to around 60%, and then turn your speakers up. This way the background music isn't too overbearing. It's always difficult to get the levels perfect when singing in front of a symphony. I also apologize for my cold!
tulle

Pro

Wow, I'm cutting it close! I'd like to thank my opponent for his previous song, which I thought was done beautifully. (I wish I sounded that good sick haha)

The next song I chose to sing was If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys. I tend to avoid singing R&B but figured I'd give it a shot. Good luck this round!
Buckethead31594

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for that gorgeous performance!

For Round 3, I will be singing "Hallelujah" in the style of Alexandra Burke:

http://bit.ly...

Again, I would encourage anyone who is listening to turn the volume down on the player to around 60%, and then turn your speaker's volume up. This way the background music isn't too overbearing.
tulle

Pro

Sigh... I messed up a lot and could only record this once because I was in a rush and out of time (I'm such a perfectionist that I usually record something 100 times before I find one I like lol)

But anyway... here is my final round! I hope you enjoy it. Thank you so much, Buckethead, for doing this with me; I had tons of fun and can't wait to do this again <3
Buckethead31594

Con

A great finale to a great debate:)

I wanted to record something while playing piano, but I just ran out of time... Perhaps this Elvis-inspired hymn will suffice?:

http://bit.ly...

I thank my opponent for a fun experience! I look forward to another competition in the future. Take care!
Posted by GarretKadeDupre 2 years ago
GarretKadeDupre
You don't allow messages or comments on your profile so I had to track you down to tell you thanks for voting on my YEC debate. Lol.
Posted by Buckethead31594 2 years ago
Buckethead31594
The only type of debate that isn't entirely stressful, lol.
Posted by Buckethead31594 2 years ago
Buckethead31594
Yeah, this was fun :)
Posted by tulle 2 years ago
tulle
You're so sweet :) Despite the lack of votes, it was still fun to do.
Posted by Maikuru 2 years ago
Maikuru
This thing was awesome. It deserves more votes!!!
Posted by tulle 2 years ago
tulle
lol Thanks! And aww don't :p
Posted by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
ESocialBookworm
Dam. That was awesome. I feel terrible about MY singing now.
Posted by tulle 3 years ago
tulle
Never heard that version of that song before... cool lol

Yeah, this was a lot of fun... I'd love to do another one!
Posted by Buckethead31594 3 years ago
Buckethead31594
Take your time :) Just know that if you sang with a keyboard, I would have to do the same too- because of the shear awesomeness. lol.
Posted by tulle 3 years ago
tulle
Yikes, time is slipping away from me again! I'm 1000x better so I'll try to record something tonight. I'm at work right now though and I have an engagement tonight... I'm trying to decide between singing a capella again or singing while playing the keyboard. Hmmm
Vote Placed by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
tulleBuckethead31594Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I will set the precedent. Round1: Extremely clear win by tulle. Round 2: Audio was terrible on both sides, so I will not give a point. Round 3: Very close one, I was leaning back and forth, but I will give it to buckethead.