PointyDelta
Brando97

Another literal joke debate.

PointyDelta
Started: 10/12/2015 Category: Funny

PointyDelta

Pro

Same rules as before. 1st rd joke, 2nd rd punchline.
Lez do dis

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip. After a good meal and a bottle of wine, they lay down for the night, and went to sleep. Some hours later, Holmes awoke and nudged his faithful friend. "Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see." Watson replied, "I see millions and millions of stars." "What does that tell you?" Holmes asked. Watson pondered for a minute. "Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, I can see that God is all-powerful and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you?"
Brando97

Con

There were two friends walking in a forest: a Czech and a Dutchman. They were walking in the forest, when a bear appeared out of nowhere and ate the Czech. The Dutchman was just baffled as to what had just taken place, so he went to the park ranger's office and told him that a bear had just eaten his friend. The ranger took his rifle with him, and the Dutchman led the ranger to the location where the Czech was eaten. When they got to the location, there were two bears there: a male and a female. The ranger asked the Dutchman which bear ate the Czech, and the Dutchman responded by saying that it was the male who ate the Czech. The ranger shot the male bear, killed him, and opened him up. Much to their dismay, the Czech was not there.
PointyDelta

Pro

Holmes replied; 'Watson, you imbecile. It means someone has stolen our tent.'
Brando97

Con

The moral of the story is that you should never trust a Dutchman when he says the Czech is in the male.
Vote Placed by AtkinsonCameron 1 year ago
AtkinsonCameron
PointyDeltaBrando97Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's joke was genuinely funny. Con's was too complex.