yay842
mikicat10

Answer random questions

Started: 11/3/2013 Category: Funny

yay842

Pro

Basically, you ask five random questions on the first round. In the second round, I'll answer those questions and ask you five random questions. Then you answer those five questions and ask me five questions and so on.

Start off round 1 by asking me five questions.
mikicat10

Con

Are you green????????
yay842

Pro

"Are you green????????"
No

1. Is YOLO a lie?
2. Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
3. Can you count time?
4. Are you made of sugar?
5. Will you jump off a cliff to survive?
mikicat10

Con

So we can post more than one question. Great! I'll do that next time.

1. Is YOLO a lie?
YOLO = You only live once.
Is this true?

Life - the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.

Though I do believe in heaven, the time in there is not really life, as we do not grow or reproduce. Life is also classified as the time before death, so it is not possible to 'live' in afterlife.
1. Is YOLO a lie?
Yes

No one. Sponge Bob is fictional and I highly doubt that you would find a pineapple uder the sea (unless someone threw it in).

3. Can you count time?

Time= the indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole.
or.....

Time= a point of time as measured in hours and minutes past midnight or noon.
"the time is 9.30"

Before I can properly answer this question I need clarification on which definition my opponent implies. However, if it is the secong definition than the answer is yes

4. Are you made of sugar?
No.
Though I have sugar inside me, my body is not made with it.

5. Will you jump of a cliff to survive?
No way
. The chances of dying when I fall of a cliff are 99 out of 100 (unless you mean a tiny cliff with no rocks) so why would you jump of a cliff to survive?

My questions.........

1. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What can you touch?

2. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4. What does it say?

3. When's the last time you ate a homegrown tomato?

4. If you could meet any one person (from history or currently alive), who would it be?

5. Where were you on Valentine's day?

yay842

Pro

1. "Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What can you touch?"
Well, I can touch a couple things if my body stayed still and my arm could range into a certain degree of farthest reach within my arm length. So if I wave my arm, I can touch: a green box filled with books, a bed, a white table with magazines on top, a wire of some sort, a futon, a black table with some statues, a water bottle, a cup, dirty clothes, a broken computer, and the wall.

2. "Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4. What does it say?"
Well, what do you know? I reached into the green box and pulled out The American Pageant 14th Edition. On page 18, line 4, it says: "off-shore bases for the staging of the Spanish invasion of..."

3. "When's the last time you ate a homegrown tomato?"
The last time I ate a homegrown tomato was the time when I ate a tomato. The last time I ate a tomato was three sandwiches ago. Three sandwiches ago, I was eating a homegrown tomato.

4. "If you could meet any one person (from history or currently alive), who would it be?"
I would want to meet Slender Man.

5. Where were you on Valentine's day?"
I was alone at my house. I was just sitting where I am right now with the computer screen in my face. I simply played video games for the rest of February 14th all by myself because I knew, at that moment, that my crush would be spending her entire day with who used to my best friend.

YOUR TURN!
1. Where was I when I answered your first question of this round?
2. When was the last time you took a shower?
3. Touch the nearest object below you. What is it?
4. How do you do?
5. Who was the love of my life?
(there are multiple correct answers for each of the questions)
mikicat10

Con

"So if I wave my arm, I can touch: a green box filled with books, a bed, a white table with magazines on top, a wire of some sort, a futon, a black table with some statues, a water bottle, a cup, dirty clothes, a broken computer, and the wall."
Since you have stated you are near a bed, I am guessing you are in your bedroom.

2. When was the last time you had a shower?

Shower - a brief and usually light fall of rain, hail, sleet, or snow.

Shower - a cubicle or bath in which a person stands under a spray of water to wash.

If you mean the first definition, then the answer would be two weeks ago on Friday the 25th of October.

If you define a shower by the second explanation, then it would be today, exactly 2 minutes ago.

Right now I am sitting on a brown leather couch, so technically the sofa is below me. So, the nearest thing I can touch below me is the brown leather sofa.

4. How do you do?
Rather well, thankyou. And you?

5. Who was the love of my life?
"Where were you on Valentine's day?"
I was alone at my house. I was just sitting where I am right now with the computer screen in my face.
This implies that your love remains with your computer even on Valentine's Day. (Sorry if that offends you in any way!)

Now, here's your questions.

1.
What is the last thing you watched on TV?

2.Without looking, guess what time it is

3.Now look at the clock. What is the actual time

4. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?

5.When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
yay842

Pro

1. "What is the last thing you watched on TV?"
The last time I was watching TV was when I was about to leave the house. As I opened the door to exit my house,, I looked to my right and I saw my grandpa watching Wheel of Fortune; therefore, the last thing I watched on TV was the antenna that was on the TV.

2. "Without looking, guess what time it is"
Looking is defined as "to turn one's eyes toward something or in some direction in order to see." Without looking, I need not to turn my eyes towards the time that was within my peripheral vision to see that, right now, it is 4:44 on the dot.

3. "Now look at the clock. What is the actual time"
I know avert my attention by turning my eyes into the direction to the clock to see that it is 4:44.

4. "With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?"
Other than my computer, the sounds that I can perceive are the sounds of the TV that my grandpa is watching, the sounds of hammers banging, music playing, the clock ticking, my brother running around, my grandma cooking and talking with my mother, chirping outside from the insects, and stomping on the floor.

5. "When did you last step outside? What were you doing?"
The last time I stepped outside (of my house) was when I stepped outside of my house. That was when I had an epiphany. I was thinking of how the universe works. I stood there trying to comprehend the beauty of our environment by taking a gander at the view.

Here are five more random questions I want to ask you.
1. Have you ever played the pc game called "Slender"?
2. Have you ever kissed a guy?
3. On a scale on 1 to 10, how creative are you?
4. Close your eyes. What do you see?
5. What does the fox say?
mikicat10

Con

1.Have you ever played the PC game called "Slender"?

Slender is a first person horror game created by Parsec Productions where your only goal is to find 8 manuscripts about the Slender Man, a paranormal creature.

The more directly you come in contact with the Slender Man, the faster your sanity drains.....

I have never in my present life played Slender and frankly, I don't want to.

2. Have you ever kissed a guy?
Guy - a man.
Every night before I go to bed, I kiss my father goodnight.

3. On the scale of one to ten, how creative are you?

Creative - relating to or involving the use of the imagination or original ideas to create something.
If 10 means extraordinary for my age group and 1 defines as appalling, then I average around 7.

4. Close your eyes. What do you see?

Unfortunately, it is not physically possible to close my eyes, so this question can not be truly answered.

5. What does the fox say?

Say - utter words so as to convey information, an opinion, a feeling or intention, or an instruction.

A fox cannot murmur, whisper, grunt or in any form convey words, so the fox, or any fox,
cannot say anything.

Your turn.....
1. How many rings before you answer the phone?
2. How many keys on your key ring?
3. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
4. Is the glass half empty or half full?
5. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?

yay842

Pro

1. "How many rings before you answer the phone?"
It depends on what you mean by rings.
ring: a circlet usually of precious metal worn especially on the finger
I wear no rings before I answer the phone.
ring: to sound resonantly or sonorously
If you mean the ringing of the phone, it depends entirely on the phone. It could be one long continuous ring if the ringtone of the phone was like that or a constant barrage of rings that can range from 2 to however long it takes me to get up and answer the phone. So the precise answer for this question would be: it depends.

2."How many keys on your key ring?"
By key ring, I'm assuming you meant a ring to hold my keys. Well, in that case, I carry plenty number of keys to unlock certain things or areas and I do have a key ring that carries keys. My key ring has no keys on it; therefore, I have no keys on my key ring.

3."What came first, the chicken or the egg?"
The egg came first. Since a chicken comes forth from a chicken egg, and a chicken egg comes out of a chicken, this cycle may be never ending. But the first chicken was brought forth after the time of the dinosaurs. The dinosaurs came before the chicken and walked the Earth before the first chicken was born. Eggs had existed during the time of the dinosaurs. Dinosaurs and eggs existed during the same time; therefore, since chickens came after dinosaurs, chickens came after eggs which have existed with the dinosaurs.

4. "Is the glass half empty or half full?"
That also depends on what you mean by glass.
glass: a hard usually transparent material that is used for making windows and other products
The glass is actually full of mass. It is transparent, meaning that light can pass through the solid glass. If the empty space between atoms is neglected, the glass would technically be full by standards of the naked eye and a little more microscopic level too..
glass: a drinking container made out of glass
A drinking container of glass was not specified in the question. Any glass could be full or empty of a certain liquid. The glass can by empty or full of a gas, liquid, or solid to fill up the space within the container. None of which was specified in the question. But it needs to be a liquid for to be drunken.

5. "What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?"
This can vary depending on which morning I had woken up to which you were referring to.
thing: a particular event, occurrence, or situation
A thing could also be an object but I thought of a particular event when I woke up this morning. I thought of the event that my little brother threw a coin at my face to attempt to wake me up. Since I have battle senses, I woken up to think of currently nothing at that certain moment when I became conscious. My battle senses allows my subconscious to wake me up when something is about to happen to me physically. But I chose not to see as I was too lazy at that moment and decided that I was not in any real danger to be getting up.

Here are the final five questions for this debate that I have for you.
1. In a certain event where you can only bring one object from your home that you have to take with you for eternity and can never come back because you have to keep moving for the rest of your life, what would that object be?
2. What is the carrying capacity of the population of Australia?
3. What is one definition for the word yes?
4. What does it mean to truly be happy?
5. Finally, what is my real name?
mikicat10

Con

My family

2. What is the carrying capacity of Australia

The population carrying capacity of Australia is 40,450,144

Yes - used to give an affirmative response.

4. What does it mean to be truly happy?

Happy - feeling or showing pleasure or contentment.

When we take a moment to look at those around us, we can see that the simple wish to be happy and to avoid suffering is the common denominator that unites us all.

“Looking at the world today, we might easily forget that the main purpose of our life – you could call it the heart of being human – is to be happy. All of us share the same wish, and the same right, to seek happiness and avoid suffering. Even following a spiritual path, or the religious life, is a quest for happiness.” – Sogyal Rinpoche

But often we confuse happiness with a momentary state of pleasure or passing feeling of joy. We look to experiences or material possession to bring us satisfaction. While this is sometimes the case, the sense of pleasure is never long lasting.

For example, I enjoy my new Kindle tremendously, but I can assure you it’s not the source of true happiness. When it runs out of juice, it quickly becomes the source of minor irritation. Likewise, when I’m unable to access the internet to purchase a book. Should it break or wear out – as all composite things do – chances are I will feel disgruntled.

The same thing with a sumptuous meal. It might delight for awhile, but it doesn’t lead to a deeper happiness. It may even cause indigestion.

Let’s not even talk about relationships, which are typically fraught with ups and downs, and are, by their very nature, impermanent.

According to the Oxford Dictionary of English “happy” means feeling or showing pleasure or contentment.

We can immediately eliminate the word “pleasure” from the definition of true happiness. As we have seen, pleasure can never bring a long-lasting sense of happiness and it often brings suffering in its wake.

The word “contentment contains some of the same meanings as happiness. However, it is also defined as a sense of “ease.”

Happiness comes about in two ways.

1. On an ordinary level, there are many ways we can train our mind in happiness. For example, we can choose loving thoughts, words, and actions. The more we cultivate love, compassion, joy and impartiality, the more we will become a vibrant source of happiness for others. And for ourselves too.

2. On a profound level, when we are in touch with our true nature – our innermost essence – joy naturally arises. We don’t have to do anything in particular to create it. It just flows up when we abide in our natural mind. Other emotions may arise like sadness, anger, worry, or fear, but they won’t necessarily stick if we become accustomed to simply resting in the clear and open space of our original mind.

5. Finally, what is my real name?

real - actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact; not imagined or supposed.
or......
real - not imitation or artificial; genuine.

name - a word or set of words by which a person or thing is known, addressed, or referred to.
Your name could be your title, nickname, or birth name, any of which are breeching rules for me to know.

Thanks for a great d
ebate!