GarwitaPrakash2018
sarahmariex

Anti-terrorism treaty signed with Pakistan. Can we count on it?

GarwitaPrakash2018

Con

Yesterday, a bond was signed between India and Pakistan's foreign minsters.Pakistan as usual , passed a statement on taking steps against terrorism. When i look back to the past relation between India and Pakistan what i find in common is Pakistan making bare statements on anti-terrorism , non-violence and then disobeying its own verdict. i think this pact is nothing but a renewal of the 17 year old statement given by Pakistan.On one hand Pakistan talks about anti-terrorism , non-violence and maintaining harmonious relations in the world and on the other hand their own armies turning down their orders.

May it be cross border violations, disputes related to Kashmir, cease fire at the Indo-Pakistan border , everywhere Pakistan falls culprit. This bond seems like Pakistan is again whistling in the dark.Therefore I staunchly the motion that this time also we cannot count on Pakistan.
sarahmariex

Pro

Yes, I do think we can count on it, for many reasons. For one thing, Pakistan is extremely pre-occupied with everything going on within their own country, and I believe that being allied with America is something the government in Pakistan would really want. Additionally, there's already minimal national security, what with all the civil wars and natural disasters that have happened there. They would probably not want to make an enemy of the US, as they are highly developed, have many resources that Pakistan does not, and are allied with many powerful countries. Finally, Pakistan needs support from countries like America to help resolve it's own internal issues; I don't think that they'd want to jeopardize that.

(I'd appreciate if you would refrain from insulting me, this is my first debate on this website, I'm only 15, and I live in neither the US or Pakistan.)
GarwitaPrakash2018

Con

GarwitaPrakash2018 forfeited this round.
sarahmariex

Pro

sarahmariex forfeited this round.
GarwitaPrakash2018

Con

sarahmariex

Pro

sarahmariex forfeited this round.