JasonMc
wingnut2280

Any issue regarding Ron Paul

JasonMc

Pro

I'm looking for people to debate me about any issue regarding Ron Paul, both to challenge my beliefs and yours. If you care to take part, please keep the debate rational, and give specific reasons why it is that you disagree about the topic of your choice.

Thanks
wingnut2280

Con

Ron Paul is unelectable.

1) Personality

Ron Paul's public persona is alienating. He appeals to people who take a hard look at issues, but, lets face it, most voters are turned off by his somewhat radical claims.

2) Platform

The republican party will NEVER nominate Ron Paul. Even if this is for his foreign policy standpoint, which I realize is classic republican, is not the current popular stance of the party. It doesn't matter how many votes he receives in the primaries, the republicans will NEVER nominate him.

3) Media

The media undeservingly treats him as a joke. They never mention him except to talk about how ridiculous they think he is. In the debates he receives terribly biased questions that are totally unrelated to the issues and the topic at hand. In this day and age, where media exposure is so critical, Ron Paul has been branded as a lune by liberal and conservatives alike.

The combination of at least these three things makes Ron Paul winning this election impossible. I admire his stamina and perserverance, but it will NEVER happen. At least not this year.
JasonMc

Pro

JasonMc forfeited this round.
wingnut2280

Con

I guess, just extend my arguments. Ron Paul is unelectable, whether it is deserving or not. He has received a very dedicated base, but can't appeal to enough voters. Thats both his fault and the fault of the others I named.
JasonMc

Pro

Sorry I didn't post in time last round. In all fairness to you I'd like to offer a do over if you care to have one. To respond to your argument, go to youtube url:

http://www.youtube.com...;
wingnut2280

Con

I'd love a do-over. Your youtube link is inactive. I'm just going to send you a challenge on the topic. Thanks. Good debate?
Posted by JasonMc 9 years ago
JasonMc
wingnut2280 is right. Everyone voting pro is voting for the good Dr., and not the debate itself. I've just changed my vote to con, and everyone else should do the same.

I would still like to continue this debate with wingnut2280, or anyone else for that matter.
Posted by wingnut2280 9 years ago
wingnut2280
Additionally, he forfeited two rounds and admitted defeat, so objective voters couldn't have honestly voted for him. No disrespect to Jasonmc, but this site and the people using it need some serious work.
Posted by wingnut2280 9 years ago
wingnut2280
This debate proves voter fraud. I was up 4-1 when this debate went off of the main page. Somehow, someone gave my opponent just enough votes to make my record lower, despite having to have four people root through my profile to find this debate.
Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 9 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
Regarding the obama and hillary thing... 1, what makes you think hand tallies are more honest than optical machines? Two, why do you care what the majority thinks? Gang rape, after all, is democracy in action.
Kreuzian:

Regarding your ron paul argument, where are you getting this crazy figure "at least half?" There are only so many supporters of his that are really fanatics. He can't possibly have 1 out of 10 or 20 people in this nation being a complete fanatic, that would mean marching in the streets all the goddamn time.

Two, which polls are telling you he has 10% support? Most sources I've seen say 2%.

Three, those polls could be only of those who intend to vote in the primary, invalidating your argument.

This as a person who does not wish to see Obama, Hillary, or Paul in office, though of those I'd rather see paul (I presently support Mccain as he appears to stand little chance of enacting the more disastrous parts of his policy, and he does seem to have a clue how to deal with enemies.
Posted by JasonMc 9 years ago
JasonMc
"Ron Paul @ Fox Debate Pt.7 1-10-08" is the name of the youtube video from round 3
Posted by wingnut2280 9 years ago
wingnut2280
Polls also show other candidates with higher support. You are posturing supposedly true poll number against supposedly false voting results. If turnout is two percent, and we assume the polls are correct, he would receive 10% of that two percent. You assume that everyone turns out for Paul while everyone stays home for other candidates.
Posted by Kreuzian 9 years ago
Kreuzian
Just something I thought you might wanna see.

[In New Hampshire] the statewide vote percentages for primary front-runners Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama "never changed all night, no matter how many precincts came in," and that...

In all towns where ballots were hand-tallied, Obama won.

While in all towns with votes counted by optical-scanning machines, Clinton won.

Look it up. That's the smoking gun of voter fraud that hasn't been seen since the undead started voting for Kennedy in Chicago.

----
BTW, if the polls were right, and Paul had 10% support nationwide, he should win EVERY Primary.

Voter turnout to a GOP primary is about 2%. With Paul's 10% of the population atleast half of them turn out, due to their fanaticism. This means 5% turnout, versus 2% for all other candidates. You can see how it would be a landslide.
Vote Placed by FreedomPete 8 years ago
FreedomPete
JasonMcwingnut2280Tied
Vote Placed by redinbluestate 9 years ago
redinbluestate
JasonMcwingnut2280Tied
Vote Placed by fresnoinvasion 9 years ago
fresnoinvasion
JasonMcwingnut2280Tied
Vote Placed by NickUnderwood 9 years ago
NickUnderwood
JasonMcwingnut2280Tied
Vote Placed by roastshow 9 years ago
roastshow
JasonMcwingnut2280Tied
Vote Placed by malmal16 9 years ago
malmal16
JasonMcwingnut2280Tied