Kendel
justin.graves

Anyone else dislike bronies?

justin.graves

Kendel

Con

Bronies do not realize why people hate them. They post their pictures in places where it is completely irrelevant and then give some speech about acceptance like they are some abused minority when someone says something against them for posting in a place where they do not belong.
justin.graves

Pro

My opponent seems to think that he is the only one to dislike Bronies. Here is a list of debates on this site that have to do with Bronies and whether they are good or bad.

http://www.debate.org...

http://www.debate.org...

There, see? Other people don't like Bronies too.

However, I would like to compare your statements to Nazi propaganda just for fun. How about i change one word in your statement?

"Jews do not realize why people hate them. They post their pictures in places where it is completely irrelevant and then give some speech about acceptance like they are some abused minority when someone says something against them for posting in a place where they do not belong."

I'm sure you are happy to know you are not the only one to hate a minority.

Kendel

Con

I don't think the jewish people posted pictures on the internet in 1939, when they were persecuted by the neo nazis. Your argument is also putting words in my mouth, something that no one who cares about their side of the conversation would do.
justin.graves

Pro

"I don't think the jewish people posted pictures on the internet in 1939"
Neither do I, but you never said the photos were on the internet in your statement.

" in 1939, when they were persecuted by the neo nazis."
Hate to burst your bubble, but there were no Neo-Nazis in 1939. There were Nazis. Neo-Nazis is the modern rendition of the Nazi Party.

"Your argument is also putting words in my mouth, something that no one who cares about their side of the conversation would do."
Actually, no. I changed one word in your statement and made a whole argument before rewording what you said... an argument which you ignored.

In short, you attacked a straw-man and ignored my actual argument. I showed that other people disliked Bronies, but then found it interesting that by changing one word, your statement could be used in so many different hateful ways. Specifically, get a real argument after stating your (slightly confusing and angry) opinion. Let's try this again and see if I can get my point across this time.

"The elderly do not realize why people hate them. They post their pictures in places where it is completely irrelevant and then give some speech about acceptance like they are some abused minority when someone says something against them for posting in a place where they do not belong."

Oh, and I extend my arguments for the other debates where people disliked Bronies.

Thank you and good night.
Kendel

Con

Kendel forfeited this round.
justin.graves

Pro

Thank you and good night!
Posted by GOP 3 years ago
GOP
this debate.*
Posted by GOP 3 years ago
GOP
inb4 MassiveDump accepts this.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Kendeljustin.gravesTied
Reasons for voting decision: With the side confusion, I'm only going to vote on conduct for the side which did not skip rounds... Even if said person was trolling.
Vote Placed by Mrparkers 3 years ago
Mrparkers
Kendeljustin.gravesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro proved that there are, indeed, other people who dislike bronies.
Vote Placed by GOP 3 years ago
GOP
Kendeljustin.gravesTied
Reasons for voting decision: I think Con needs to learn how to set up a debate properly. I mean, I don't think Con's intention was to argue that he was the only one who disliked bronies, really. However, he made the resolution "Anyone else dislike bronies" and he chose his stance as Con, thus making it look like he is THE ONLY ONE who disliked them. Pro showed evidence that there were other people who disliked bronies with sources.