kingcoolbeans
Raisor

Anyone with the 64 crayon set is automatically the most popular kid in the preschool.

Raisor
Started: 6/28/2014 Category: Funny

kingcoolbeans

Pro

Every preschool has that special child with the 64 crayon set. Every drawing time, this child would be swarmed by his/her peers for that one-of-a-kind olive-green crayon.

I strongly believe, with every fibre of my being, that anyone with the 64 crayon set is automatically the most popular kid in the preschool. I debate on behalf of all of the millions of preschoolers all around the world who desire to be that special child.

I hereby challenge anyone who thinks they are swagalicious enough to take on the likes of kingcoolbeans and preschoolers all around the world
Raisor

Con

I can easily negate this Resolution by offering the following fact to the judges:

I had a 64 crayon but was a huge loser in preschool.

One time in preschool i dressed up as the White Power Ranger for Halloween because Tommy was the coolest. Another kid in my class showed up as the Green Ranger which, as we all know, was Tommy's original Power Ranger incarnation when he was under Rita Repulsa's evil spell. Now obviously there couldn't be TWO Tommy's for Halloween, so i told this power to back the fudge off. But all the Green Ranger's friends surrounded me and told me I was the fake Tommy and no one liked me. I knew they were right so I started crying and hid in the bathroom.

My 64 crayon set also did nothing to help my popularity with the ladies. Vividly do i remember standing in line for the bathroom behind my preschool crush and loudly exclaiming "we're going to get married when we grow up!" Alas, not only did she immediately tell everyone I was gross and she did not like me, but she has sustained this repulsion through adulthood, as she has repeatedly refused my attempts to set up a wedding date. I mean, I understand proposing over facebook isn't optimal, but I don't have many options when she won't return my phone calls and involves third parties every time I show up at her house. I have way more than 64 crayons now too, but she really doesnt seem interested in any crayon I offer her.

In summary, preschool social dynamics involve a number of complex factors that far exceed the scope of a 64 crayon box. I know from personal experience that if you constantly try to hug all your classmates with your snot covered hands, you will be rejected by preschool society no matter how many crayons you have.
kingcoolbeans

Pro

Thank you for accepting my challenge Raisor. I am sorry it had to come to this, I really didn't want to have to publicly humiliate anyone with my swagalicious debating sklz. I'm sorry about your excruciating childhood. It is unfortunate that my theory about 5-year-old politics didn't work for you. If you need some help you may want to see a psychologist.

But, I know my theory... Is more than just a theory. It accurately describes life for first-world, 21st century preschoolers. Judging by your profile picture, you must have gone to medievil preschool. I m sorry, but your arguments are out of date.
As for asking your preschool crush to marry you on Facebook, you clearly had the Faber Castell crayon set, not the Crayola.

Preschool social dynamics are not very complex at all. It is simply little tackers trying to find their way in the world, dominated by adults forcing them to do activities that most of them don't want to do. These youngsters can only dream within the bubble that the adult dominated society puts them in. Therefore, a 64 crayon set is as far as the 5-year-old mind can see. The adult dominated society is simply trying to avoid anarchy, this is something they learnt somewhere between your time, and my time.

CEO of Crayola, Mike Perry, said at Crayola's Birthday party, "We at Crayola have been privileged to spawn a century of creativity in children. We celebrate their accomplishments and commit ourselves to continuing our mission for another 100 years"and beyond. Thank you to all who celebrate with us today."

This destroys your arguments completely. Your face just imploded. The fact that I actually found a quote from the CEO of CRAYOLA!!! Wow!!! I am sorry, but you have nothing to say (except to a psychologist). Thanks for trying.

Now a word from our sponsors: "Did you see Jimmy hit that ball like a full pelt!" fullpelt.weebly.com
Raisor

Con

When I went to preschool is irrelevant to this Resolution. A 64 crayon box was even more rare when I was in preschool than it is now; if anything the social value of these crayons should have been higher when I was still learning the difference between red and blue.

The fact is, preschool children are simply too dumb to appreciate the breadth of color available to them in a 64 crayon box. This study shows the young children tend focus heavily on single objects and lack the ability to develop a breadth of focus when interacting with toys. To toddlers, a 64 box of crayons is simply a box of whichever crayon they see first. Most preschoolers simply are not developed enough to fully appreciate the rainbow of colors in a 64 crayon box.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Pro is simply wrong when he states Preschool social dynamics are not complex. The paper below shows how gender and peer pressure, individual behavior and personalities play a strong role in the socialization of preschool children. Thus my own experience as a preschooler is supported by the top of the line academic research on the scurrying patterns of rugrats. While I tried to buy popularity with crayola crayons, the depravity of my personality repelled the other children. Because my individual behavior included smearing glue on my face and urinating in my pants at nap-time, I was treated as a freak and stupid-head by my classmates. And rightly so!

http://130.15.96.140/SSG/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Martin_et_al_2005.pdf

Finally, I ask the judges to vote Conduct against my opponent for his callous slander in suggesting I would ever lie about the brand of crayons I owned. When I say I owned a 64 box of Crayola crayons, that is my word. I demand Pro apologize for his outrageous accusations by saying "I am a butthead and Raisor is the coolest, Raisor is way better than me because I'm a stupid liar."
kingcoolbeans

Pro

Thank you Raisor for not forfeiting this debate. I, kingcoolbeans, refuse to sacrifice my dignity to someone who asks their girlfriend to marry them on Facebook, urinated in their pants during nap time and smeared glue all over their face. All of this extra information you gave me can only be used against you.

Raisor, can you please do a word search in your first speech? You clearly did not say you had a Crayola crayon set, so therefore you cannot accuse me of accusing you of lying. I am sorry, Caryola has only been around for 100 years, so therefore it did not exist in medievil times.

If 5-year-olds are so dumb that they cannot even appreciate all of the colours in a 64 crayon set, the how could preschool social dynamics possibly be complex? Your sources prove nothing. This is a matter of logic, not facts. No one can prove that preschool social dynamics are complex. The only ones that can prove this is the preschoolers, and apparently they are to dumb to even appreciate 64 colours. Your arguments are simply going around in circles, each one counteracting the other to prove MY point, that anyone with the 64 crayon set is automatically the most popular kid in the preschool.

Although my definition states anyone, I didn't think I would be versing someone who had rather serious childhood issues. I am sorry. I'll change it to anyone not like Raisor with the 64 crayon set is automatically the most popular kid in preschool.

But this is more than just buying popularity, it is adding to the classroom. Steve Jobs added something to the world by creating apple. This changed how people ran their lives. Like a 64 crayon set, it is changing how the kids draw their pictures. Like Steve jobs added something to the world, a 64 crayon set is adding something to the classroom.

Thank you Raisor for accepting my challenge. This has been a very intriguing debate. But I know that my theory about 5-year-old politics is true. There is simply no way you can prove it.
Raisor

Con

coolbeans has missed the entire thrust of my argument, I wish he would pay closer attention. I did not ask my girlfriend to marry me on facebook! As I have tried to make painfully clear, my preschool paramour left my affections unrequited- she was not and has never been my girfriend, despite the dumptruck of crayons I leave on her lawn every Memorial Day.

I am incredibly distressed by my opponent's cruel words. I bared my soul to the world, displayed the deep psychological wounds inflicted on me by the Machiavellian world of preschool social dynamics. Coolbeans has only used this to further demean me and add to my crippling social anxiety.

To respond to my opponent's argument- social dynamics are not dependent on the ability to appreciate a wide range of objects. Ants have complex social dynamics, as do bonobos and rats. Yet we would not expect bonobos to luxuriate in the cool depths of Navy Blue, to feel the burning passion inspired by Orange Red, or to know that Sepia is worthless and has no possible use. Young children cannot focus on more than one object at a time, yet still they manage to achieve a level of social complexity on par with rats. Incredible!

Con has, in fact, conceded this debate. He has conceded that a 64 box of Crayola crayons was insufficient to overcome the myriad of social deficiencies I exemplified in the earliest hours of my youth. Thus he concedes that the Resolution is false- said box of crayons is insufficient to make "anyone" automatically the most popular kid in preschool.

In conclusion, I leave this video of a preschool kid trying to kick a ball:

https://www.youtube.com...
Posted by UchihaMadara 2 years ago
UchihaMadara
this debate....

LMFAO
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
what a silly debate!
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
oh yes, and I forgot to mention that pro made several spelling errors.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
RFD 5/5
In conclusion...this is the longest RFD I have ever written and will probably ever write. Raisor has won in pretty much every round, and is overall has the best arguments. However, his false claims and random video at the end deserve him minus conduct points.
Good debate, it was fun to read.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
RFD 4/???
Round three is.... awkward, to say the least. Pro starts off with "I, kingcoolbeans, refuse to sacrifice my dignity to someone who asks their girlfriend to marry them on Facebook, urinated in their pants during nap time and smeared glue all over their face. " with is an odd assumption which was greatly challenged by Raisor. Pro then says con's points go against him since Raisor pointed out 5-year-old's dumbness, and this only supports "If 5-year-olds are so dumb that they cannot even appreciate all of the colours in a 64 crayon set, the how could preschool social dynamics possibly be complex? " and then compares Steve Job's Apples with the 64-crayon set, which is totally irrelevant, but Raisor never points this out. Instead, Raisor supports his previous points by challenging the girlfriend argument, then going on to complain about pro's "cruel words"--which, he had none so I'm giving conduct to pro--but finally goes straight to the point of "social dynamics are not dependent on the ability to appreciate a wide range of objects. Ants have complex social dynamics, as do bonobos and rats." And rebuts his dumb point by twisting it around and avoiding going against himself by stating "Young children cannot focus on more than one object at a time, yet still they manage to achieve a level of social complexity on par with rats. Incredible!"
Oh, and that random video....too random. Even if I ignore the false assumptions, the random video does not help the debate.
Winner so far: Raisor.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
RFD 3/???
Round two is where things get really wacky. Pro wacks away con's arguments with the troll argument "Judging by your profile picture, you must have gone to medievil preschool. I m sorry, but your arguments are out of date." And then, he supports this with the CEO's quote "We at Crayola have been privileged to spawn a century of creativity in children." I'm kind of surprised Raisor didn't point out the fallacy of texas sharpshooter or appealing to persons, because Justin Beiber might love his song "Baby"...just saying. On the other hand, Raisor responds by showing the complexity of preschool (regardless of if he went to "medievil preschool", "The paper below shows how gender and peer pressure, individual behavior and personalities play a strong role in the socialization of preschool children. " Then he suddenly almost randomly "demand Pro apologize for his outrageous accusations by saying 'I am a butthead and Raisor is the coolest, Raisor is way better than me because I'm a stupid liar.'" This is weird, so I'm going to ignore this. However, so far, pro's points are still very well refuted.
Winner so far: Raisor.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
RFD 2/???
Ah, so within the very first round, the two debaters gets things moving on-wards, with pro confidently proclaiming "I hereby challenge anyone who thinks they are swagalicious enough to take on the likes of kingcoolbeans and preschoolers all around the world", and Raisor hits back with some interesting arguments...evidence from his own preschool in which he was despised even though he had the 64 crayon set, and proved that preschool "society" depends on far more than just crayon sets.
So Far: Raisor winning
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
RFD 1/???
This was a confusing yet interesting debate. I seriously couldn't tell if Raisor was trolling or he wasn't trying at all. TL;DR version: Raisor made many false claims of opponent's arguments, therefore conduct to pro. But he still made better arguments overall and wins the arguments.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
wow lol you got half-trolled
Posted by kingcoolbeans 2 years ago
kingcoolbeans
May the cool beans be with you
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
kingcoolbeansRaisorTied
Reasons for voting decision: in comments