Dynasty2468
TheSideSpectator

AoW 1914:

Dynasty2468

Pro

Hello! Long time no see you if you know me and hi if you don't know me. Let's get started:

Background:
The year 1914 is considered to be the most important year in the modern age. Within one month, the world was forced into a path of no return and now we are here. Here's the brief overview:
Vienna 11:09 AM
July 28th 1914. You watch as your secretary taps the last telegram to the Serbian government. You, as a Foreign Minister of the great Austrian-Hungarian Empire, will soon be forgotten in this world, but your actions in the past month will have a profound impact on the world. Your secretary hands you back the message. You looked outside the window and sighed. Vienna looks beautiful today, and it will never be the same ever again.

Belgrade 12:30 PM
My secretary's hand shook as he hands me the message in the cabinet meeting. I opened it up and it read:
28 July 1914

The Royal Serbian Government not having answered in a satisfactory manner the note of July 23, 1914, presented by the Austro-Hungarian Minister at Belgrade, the Imperial and Royal Government are themselves compelled to see to the safeguarding of their rights and interests, and, with this object, to have recourse to force of arms.

Austria-Hungary consequently considers herself henceforward in state of war with Serbia.

Count Berchtold

I sighed. I had tried, but failed. The room was silent as I hand the prime minister the telegram. The prime minister's hand also shook as he silently read the message. He then looked up and said: "Gentlemen, we are now at war."

You are now the supreme force of all the Central Power and I am the supreme force of all Allied Power. You will affect the decision that each of the Central Power nations make and me vice versa. Good luck.

Rules:

2. Each side's turn will be within a week's range.

3. Morale is a key factor in your armed forces' effectiveness.

4. You may produce more military forces (soldiers, ships, aircraft, ), but it depends on your side's economy, your side's population, and how industrialized your nations is.

5. You may do any actions that's reasonable.

6. The attacker makes the first move.

7. Your objective's is gain an advantage that will affect the whole entire course of the war. The winner will be determined by the defeat of the side or the performance of the side so far. (If I pulled an extremely good strategic maneuver that placed you in a disadvantage, then I may win).

8. If a nation's capital is destroyed/liberated, this does not necessarily mean that the war is won; the capital could be recaptured. If one of the debaters destroys or controls the administration of the opposing countries, OR if the opposing countries is destroyed to the point of no administration, then that debater is immediately guaranteed a 7-point victory.

9. Every aspect of the war must be realistic and must remain within the parameters established by the rules and the title. Any unrealistic action and actions deviating from the rules will cause the entire action to be void. Any further deviation after the first void action will result in a complete debate forfeiture.

10. Only chemical weapon are allowed. A chemical weapon is defined as:

-Chemical weapon: a device that inflicts chemicals designed to harm or kill humans/animals

11. Allies and friendly nations of 1914 are allowed.

You CAN have military or diplomatic agreements and/or treaties with other nations (agreements not to interfere etc). Radical groups, militant organizations, paramilitary factions et cetera are NOT allowed.

You cannot increase your country"s population, nor can you use ANY method to allow the involvement of other countries other than what is specified. You cannot receive donations or economic support from private agencies.

12. No cyber warfares.

13. The countries involved must exist at the year of 1914.

14. Appropriate conduct MUST be maintained: no insults, cursing, profanity, vulgar language or trolling. Any violation of appropriate conduct WILL BE REPORTED to DDO authorities.

15. If you fail to follow the rules once, you will be given a warning and your actions in that round will be void. Further disobedience of ANY of these rules WILL result in an immediate loss of the debate.

16. You will not be at the state of total war (yet)
18. All scenarios MUST be realistic.

20. We may either follow the date-time storyline format, or state the events that occur directly as realistically possible in a period of 45 days.

You will use the information of this website.

http://spartacus-educational.com...

I get to pick who will be my opponent. Last time I tried an Alternation History scenario, my opponent decided to humam-wave me with holocaust prisoners. Not fun.
TheSideSpectator

Con

Hello, I'm new here, so if I get into some mischief, help me out, thanks :P

Actions taken:
Start country propaganda among the citizens of my country, to raise morale.
Start and spend 10% resources into allowing faster movement of soldiers, spend more of the government's budget into research and tech.
Spend 20% of resources into kamikaze and explosives.
Spend 50% resources into researching tanks and more heavily armed vehicles.
Station 5,000,000 worth of soldiers in the country, and start construction of forts that may help the country better prepare for battle against other countries.
Train horses and horsemen for battle ( worth of 750,000 soldiers)
Produce and manufacture planes and ships.
Day 1: Scout Serbia, start propaganda, start building of fortifications.
Day 2: Mobilize 2,000,000 worth of soldiers to invade Serbia, and ask Germany to assist in invading other parts of countries.
Day 3: Bomb and destroy fields of crops and animals, and of civilian homes in Great Britain (plane count with bombs: 250)
Day 4: Plant mines near Austria - Hungary's border.
Day 5: Raise morales of army and people, produce posters and hang them, encourage men and women of all age to work in factories, increase wage of factory workers and of armies.
Day 6: Send / Donate 10% of resources to Germany.
Day 7: Adopt strategy of suicide bombing, also known as kamikaze, research into cheap planes and bombs
Dynasty2468

Pro

Dynasty2468 forfeited this round.
TheSideSpectator

Con

TheSideSpectator forfeited this round.
Dynasty2468

Pro

Dynasty2468 forfeited this round.
TheSideSpectator

Con

TheSideSpectator forfeited this round.
Dynasty2468

Pro

Dynasty2468 forfeited this round.
TheSideSpectator

Con

TheSideSpectator forfeited this round.
Dynasty2468

Pro

Dynasty2468 forfeited this round.
TheSideSpectator

Con

TheSideSpectator forfeited this round.