Andpie123
xxdarkxx

Apple Computers are more dependable, reliable and user friendly.

Started: 9/23/2010 Category: Technology

Andpie123

Pro

Some things you have to consider first:
Your "cheap" Dell...you'll be lucky if it includes Wireless A or B and bluetooth. Last time I checked these were premium and optional, an extra $200. A wide screen adds about another $100 to the price.

Yes, it is true Macs are like Ferrari's They are more expensive than your average $499.99 cheap plastic Dell computers.
All Macs nowadays use aircraft quality Aluminum, stainless steel, bullet proof polycarbonate and impact resistant glass.
Another plus to new Macs is that they come with iTunes, iLife (iMove, iPhoto, iDVD, Garage Band and iWeb), Mail, Oxford American Dictionary, iChat, Widgets, Address Book, Automator, Art Directors Tool kit, Omnigraffle, OmniOutliner(usually standard on MBP), Sherloc and Comic Life. All of these are full working programs.
None of that windows computer standard package of "demos and shareware" you are accustomed to get with your new computer. Which most of it will end up deleted from your computer anyway.
On top of all that free software you also get with a Mac: iSight (built in Camera), 24bit Audio both digital (optical) and analog, professional Wide screen with color filters and SyncMaster resolutions, motion and light sensors which makes your Mac do cool things, a handy remote control, Wireless B,G and N, Bluetooth 2.0, Express card 34, Firewire 400 and 800, DVI output, The Magsafe safety power plug.. .This is the main reason to me as to why Apple computers are far better than pc computers , whether it be a desktop or a laptop.
xxdarkxx

Con

I thank my opponent for setting up this debate and wish them the best of luck.

Through my contentions I look to show that Windows based personal computers are overall more dependable, reliable and user friendly then Macintosh based personal computer.

For my contentions I will be comparing Mac computers to Windows based personal computers based on their price range.

~~MacBook Air~~$1499
2.13GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM onboard
128GB solid-state drive
13.3-inch (diagonal)
--->One USB 2.0 port<---
[1][2]

Now first lets compare this to my Windows Based PC

~~Sony Vaio model VPCEB15FM~~$949.89
Intel´┐Ż CoreTM i3 - 330M Speed: 2.13GHz
4GB (2GBx2)
500GB 5400rpm hard drive
15.5 inch display
-->3 USB 2.0 ports<---

Now to compare these two we first look at the Processor. At first they may seem the same. Both having 2.13GHz processors. However the processor from the Sony Vaio is an intel core i3. Which is their newest line of processors. The i3 is able to handle higher speeds, and is able to overclock more so, then the intel core 2 duo.

Secondly the RAM. The MacBook Air comes with 2GB or RAM. Where as the Sony Vaio comes with 4GM of RAM. More RAM=Better handling capabilites=do more things at once.

Thirdly the hard drive. The MacBook Air comes with a 128GB Hard drive. This does not even come close to comparing to the 500GB hard drive that comes on the Sony Vaio. Also note to the picture in the [4] link. This is of the hard drive space on my computer. I have had my computer for 4 months and have already used DOUBLE the space of the MacBook Air.

Now for Screen Size. The MacBook Air has a 13.3 inch display. Where the Sony Vaio has a 15.5 inch display. The Vaio display is obviously larger.

Finaly one of the most important points, USB ports. The MacBook Air only has one USB port. Where as the Sony Vaio has three USB ports. One USB port is simply not enough when it comes to computers. I currently am using all three of my USB ports in fact. Cooling pad, Wireless mouse, and External Hard drive. This is something you would not be able to do with the MacBook Air.

So looking between the two computer it is obvious as to which one is better. The sony Vaio has better specs in all categories and cost $500 less.

I patiently await my opponents response.

[1]http://www.apple.com...
[2]http://www.apple.com...
[3]http://www.amazon.com...
[4]http://img825.imageshack.us...
Andpie123

Pro

Ok lets go ahead and compare the Mac book air and your computer as you are wanting , First of all the Mac book air compared to the Sony Vaio model VPCEB15FM in comparison is much lighter , the Sony being 5.9 lbs min , without any upgrades such as hard drive increases and ram increase etc, whereas the Mac book air is 3.0lbs min, thus making it much more easier and less tiring to carry around. Also as for the usb port you can buy an extra adapter from best buy or compusa that allows a single usb port to manage up to but not limited to 12 usb ports so that your single usb port becomes 12. But lets not stop there , if you wanna compare hard drive size this can easily be done cheaply by an apple technician for as little as $30 to a larger size of GB. You can also have memory upgraded up to GB also. Where as the processor may be newer Intel is still the top of the line and can quit be just as powerful as the i3. They made the newer processors for users running in windows 7 , which apple based computer can run both windows and Mac osx at the same time without rebooting !! Lets say however you didn't want the mealy 13.3 inch screen then you have the choice of a different computer from apple such as the Mac book pro or even the powerbook. Now lets move onto the web cams, the apple has a built in web cam and microphone whereas the Sony does not. Software wise mac come standard with TONS of preloaded software and not your everyday 30 day trial versions , no these are fully licensed activated forever software free of charge such that windows based pc's require you to either buy them before they expire or upgrade them costing you more money in the long run ,Also if I may point out Windows is NOT able to run 2 different operating systems at the same time !!

Last but not least the Macs are built out of All Macs nowadays use aircraft quality Aluminum, stainless steel, bullet proof polycarbonate and impact resistant glass. Where as the pc's do not thus if you drop you pc you are more likely to break it or damage is, faster than you would if your laptop was built with theses materials
xxdarkxx

Con

I thank my opponent for their timely response.

My opponent has done nothing to show that the points he makes are actually true. Their is no way for me or the voter to know whether or not his points are viable. I therefore ask my opponent to cite his points so that they can be taken as fact.

Furthermore, every point my opponent brings up alludes to paying extra.
Buying adapter for more USB ports = paying extra
Upgrading Hard drive = paying extra
Upgrading Memory = paying extra

All things aside the mac requires you to pay more and more, possibly getting up to double the price of a pc JUST to have the same hardware and software. You are paying for an apple on the back of your computer.

Furthermore, my opponents point about being able to run windows operating system and mac operating system on a mac at the same time is false. In order to run windows os on a mac you must "dual boot". In this case when you start the mac you will be able to choose between the windows os or the mac os. You are not running them at the same time. You could also use a virtual machine. In this case you are using a program to run the windows os. Essentially it is the same thing, however their are drawbacks to using a virtual machine in that you may be unable to do a plethora of things. Also windows can as well run mac os through a virtual machine. [1]

Finally my opponent makes the point that their is no web cam on the sony vaio. I urge you to take not of the video above. In this video I am using a mirror to show that the sony vaio does indeed have a web cam.

[1]http://www.applematters.com...
Andpie123

Pro

Andpie123 forfeited this round.
xxdarkxx

Con

My opponent has fail to put forth an argument.

I extend my arguments and patiently await my opponents reply.
Andpie123

Pro

Andpie123 forfeited this round.
xxdarkxx

Con

My opponent once again has not posted for what ever reason.

I carry forward my points and strongly urge a CON vote
Posted by zGodMode 3 years ago
zGodMode
My $650 HP is much more amazing than a $1000 MacBook.
Nuff said.
Posted by xxdarkxx 3 years ago
xxdarkxx
@ Sobriquet, I didn't buy it for that price. I bought it for $700.
Posted by Sobriquet 3 years ago
Sobriquet
Dark, you could have picked a better windows computer for that price :P
Vote Placed by quarterexchange 3 years ago
quarterexchange
Andpie123xxdarkxxTied
Vote Placed by Thaele 3 years ago
Thaele
Andpie123xxdarkxxTied
Vote Placed by Andpie123 3 years ago
Andpie123
Andpie123xxdarkxxTied
Vote Placed by m93samman 3 years ago
m93samman
Andpie123xxdarkxxTied
Vote Placed by wjmelements 3 years ago
wjmelements
Andpie123xxdarkxxTied
Vote Placed by LaissezFaire 3 years ago
LaissezFaire
Andpie123xxdarkxxTied