Nuegoms
HeedMyFeed

Apple Mac is better than Microsoft Windows

Nuegoms

Pro

Ok, I've been a Mac family for years and i can tell you they are a MILLION times better than Windows. Now it also depends on your career. If your a designer or graphic head manager. Mac is for you. If your a businessman then Windows is for you. But if you are a 12-year old kid looking for a virus-free good time, Mac is for you. Mac's can't get pop-up attacks, viruses, or any sort of threat. Mac's are safer and easier to use. Less freezes and WAY more features. Trust me. Mac's are better.
HeedMyFeed

Con

I will start off this round by first addressing my opponent's arguments, then moving onto making some of my own.

My opponent starts off by saying that Macs cant get any popup attacks, viruses or any sort of threats.
However, this is not true. In fact, there are viruses out there for the Mac, for example one called OSX.RSPlug.A (http://www.macosxhints.com...). The only difference is that Macs get far less viruses because most of the world uses PCs. Therefore, most virus creators spend most of their time creating viruses for the PC/Windows. However, if the amount of users using Macs increased, the amount of viruses would as well.

Next, my opponent has said that Macs are easier to use, freezes less, and has way more features.
All this is unwarranted, and he provides no proof for this. So disregard this point for now.

Finally, my opponent says "Trust me. Mac's are better."
However, this is false and I will show through my case that this is not true.

Just before I start my case I would like to mention that when I refer to a PC, I am referring to a computer that runs Microsoft Windows.
My case:
CONTENTION ONE: COMPATIBILITY AND GAMES
Currently, the largest selection of games can be found on Windows. The most of the new games that are being released are for the PC. This is true because of the graphics that are available on the PC and the compatibility of Windows. This may change with Mac trying to incorporate new graphics cards and gaming systems, but currently the PC has much more games. As well, with the large amount of users using Windows the software out there is mostly compatible with Windows.

CONTENTION TWO: HARDWARE AND CUSTOMABLENESS
Another major point that you can make for windows is that you can choose your own hardware. By this I mean that you have anywhere from a $200 computer to a $2000 computer. However, with Mac you are tied into a limited product range with one manufacture. As well, with a Windows operating system you can change the desktop theme, wallpaper, task bar, windows style and font. With a Mac you cannot do this.

CONTENTION THREE: SECURITY
My opponent briefly mentioned that Macs get less viruses. This is true. However, a recent research report by Symantec's revealed that Windows had the fewest security holes and turnaround time for patches. This means that all the security claims of Mac being the safer OS is not true. Even though Windows may have had more high risk holes, the faster patch turn around time means they are quicker to fix such problems. Link to the article discussing the study http://news.cnet.com...

All this shows why Windows is clearly better than a Mac. I would like to thank my opponent for a good debate, and await his rebuttal.
Nuegoms

Pro

Nuegoms forfeited this round.
HeedMyFeed

Con

Since my opponent forfeited his last round, extend through all my points.

This means you must and have to vote con.

Thanks again.
Nuegoms

Pro

Alright. how about i make this clear. Windows is good for gaming and all that amazing stuff. Mac is better for graphics and if your an artist and all that graphic stuff. Windows is best suited for business.
Alright. If your a graphic artist or even a kid and enjoy better resolution and and high quality fun.
VOTE PRO
If your a business man or yet again, a kid/gamer.
VOTE CON
I don't care about who wins i just want to make my point clear about MAC's
HeedMyFeed

Con

My opponent made no attempt of even trying to address any of my arguments in his last round. This means extend through all of my arguments that I made.

My opponent tries to make again some unwarranted claims. However, he fails to provide any sort of proof that Mac is better for graphic stuff. In fact, my programs argument clearly refutes this meaning that graphic designers would enjoy windows for availability of more programs.

Thanks.
Posted by HeedMyFeed 8 years ago
HeedMyFeed
Ahhhh you made this a tie.
Posted by Xie-Xijivuli 8 years ago
Xie-Xijivuli
OOPS! Sorry, I flip-flopped my votes... ahehehe...
Posted by Bnesiba 8 years ago
Bnesiba
I had a similar debate a long time ago.
http://www.debate.org...

windows is better. at everything.
Vote Placed by mrmrlol 7 years ago
mrmrlol
NuegomsHeedMyFeedTied
Vote Placed by Xie-Xijivuli 7 years ago
Xie-Xijivuli
NuegomsHeedMyFeedTied
Vote Placed by philosphical 8 years ago
philosphical
NuegomsHeedMyFeedTied
Vote Placed by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
NuegomsHeedMyFeedTied