Lyksina
lord_megatron

Apple's computers/laptops are better than dell's computer/laptops.

Started: 5/27/2016 Category: Technology

Lyksina

Pro

I just want to start off saying Im looking forward to this debate. My First contention talks a little bit about viruses. The apple computer/laptops are better due to the fact that mac's can stand against viruses way better than dell. I have a dell and it is unusable after just a year because of all hose viruses. My second contention is that mac's simply look better. What I mean by that is that if you look at a dell compared to a mac you will notice the sleek and skinny characteristics of a mac. When you look at a dell you see a thick bulky computer.
lord_megatron

Con

Performance wise apple has always been good, but apple laptops lack in hardware quality. And by that I mean durability and lifetime. Apple laptops have more chance of breaking than dell and its parts can need replacement. Not sure about apple's battery, but dell's battery is good. Also, apple charges much more than its worth, while dell charges are more sensible.
Lyksina

Pro

I will have too disagree with the contention that apple laptops lack in hardware quality. In my school they all have mac airs 30 of them per class. They have now lasted 5 years and it doesn't even have a scratch. Apple's battery is extremely good i have had my mac book pro for a good month now and its battery life is 7hr with 100 percent charged. I am glad what I spent on my mac because it runs great and it has accomplished all my needs.
lord_megatron

Con

Just trying throwing a macbook air in the air and then throwing a dell in the air. No covers and no one catches it. Dell has more chance of surviving than mac. Plus, dell prices are more logical and sensible than mac's. Plus, some Macbook don't have cd drive. Mac costs nearly double than dell, but its quality is not doubled. There is the operating system issues as well. Mac can't run the windows apps like visual basic. In my school the ones who had mac had to use a different app in ICT.
Lyksina

Pro

If you want your computer to be more protected just put a case on it. CD drive isn't a problem either because you can buy one really cheap that plugs into the laptop. I believe mac is better because mac's are unable to get viruses. I rather spend the money to get a quality computer that will last me 10 years than a pc that lasts only 1 year.
lord_megatron

Con

As for viruses, the in built windows defender is usually good enough for the common viruses. And why buy a case and a plug-in when you have already spent so much money on the mac laptop? Dell is cheap and sturdy. Mac never survives 10 years, but my dell is still working. Dell has decent ram and memory and is usable. Mac is good in performance, but as it can't run windows apps, is not built to be long lasting and needs extra accesories, vote for dell.
Posted by nhabbott 7 months ago
nhabbott
The fact that the winner stated that macs are unable to get viruses clearly shows he or she does not have enough knowledge of computers to argue their point. Macs may not be as vulnerable to security issues & viruses but you can DEFINITELY get a virus in a Mac. If you think otherwise please learn about cyber security and reverse engineering programs before you say something like this guy.